Fan Zhendong uses Viscaria in China Open 2015

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Maybe his main blade (with STIGA color handle) got some problems, therefore he switches to this backup blade.

f01.jpg
f02.jpg

Photo source: flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Actually few years ago he was using Viscaria FL, after he signed with STIGA, he uses the "Special Blade" until now.

Below is a picture of Fan Zhendong using Viscaria @ 2012
attachment.php

Yep. Special blade = Viscaria with Stiga handle added, even if the Viscaria he is using is made to his specifications and therefore special as well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
I don't mind what blade he use but is it really legal for a company to claim something like Fan Zhendong use Stiga blade when he obviously don't use Stiga at all?

This user has no status.
Maybe his main blade (with STIGA color handle) got some problems, therefore he switches to this backup blade.

View attachment 7915
View attachment 7916

Photo source: flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/

Is that the sponge thickness the chinese pro's use on that blue sponge DHS rubber? The BH sponge looks much thicker?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't mind what blade he use but is it really legal for a company to claim something like Fan Zhendong use Stiga blade when he obviously don't use Stiga at all?

Is it against the law? I don't think there is any country where that is against the law. It is also a hard thing to have a law about. FZD is from China, Stiga is from Sweden. If it was against the law in one or even many countries, how would those laws have any impact on countries where they don't have those same laws.

However, it is unethical. And, in my opinion, it makes both Stiga and FZD look bad. I don't think there are any winners from that scenario. Stiga knows FZD is not using any Stiga equipment. I think that makes them look like fools. Everyone knows FZD is not using the blade he is pretending to use. That makes him look bad because he is lying and perhaps he comes off as greedy or unethical.

But I don't really think they can makes laws about something like that.

This is just false advertising. But is surely makes Stiga and Fan Zhendong look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is that the sponge thickness the chinese pro's use on that blue sponge DHS rubber? The BH sponge looks much thicker?

That is just the angle of the racket in the photo. The two rubbers are actually pretty much the same thickness.

This user has no status.
Is it against the law? I don't think there is any country where that is against the law. It is also a hard thing to have a law about. FZD is from China, Stiga is from Sweden. If it was against the law in one or even many countries, how would those laws have any impact on countries where they don't have those same laws.

However, it is unethical. And, in my opinion, it makes both Stiga and FZD look bad. I don't think there are any winners from that scenario. Stiga knows FZD is not using any Stiga equipment. I think that makes them look like fools. Everyone knows FZD is not using the blade he is pretending to use. That makes him look bad because he is lying and perhaps he comes off as greedy or unethical.

But I don't really think they can makes laws about something like that.

This is just false advertising. But is surely makes Stiga and Fan Zhendong look bad.

Why not just strike the deal with Butterfly? I bet they'd love to have him on their "team"?

About the rubbers:
Looks pretty thick! Boost galore perhaps? :D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.

I completely agree, but IMO this also applies for other players that doesn't use their own brand, like ZJK, I mean his name is on the most expensive BTY blades and yet he uses viscaria.

That viscaria blade is truly mythical

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Why not just strike the deal with Butterfly? I bet they'd love to have him on their "team"?

About the rubbers:
Looks pretty thick! Boost galore perhaps? :D

That is the million dollar question but the million dollars may be the reason he is with Stiga. Hahaha.

As far as boosting. They all do boost. But you are still just looking at the zoom lens photo and the funny angle. If you saw the blade laying on the table it would look like all CNT player blades when sitting on the table. You have seen that before. It is not enough to see by just a look from a camera.

I completely agree, but IMO this also applies for other players that doesn't use their own brand, like ZJK, I mean his name is on the most expensive BTY blades and yet he uses viscaria.

That viscaria blade is truly mythical

Agree. I think there is too much of that nonsense in TT. That goes for Dima using a Clipper with a Donic handle and Tenergy rubbers as well. It also goes for how most of the pros have blades made custom to their own specs. Why wouldn't they make the model with the pros name on it with those same custom specs?

TT equipment is a bit ridiculous in that way. That is why I like OSP. I can just get them to make my blades to my own custom specs. They have been great in doing that for me while making me quality hand made all wood blades.

The blade I am now using is definitely 100% perfect for me.

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
TT equipment is a bit ridiculous in that way. That is why I like OSP. I can just get them to make my blades to my own custom specs. They have been great in doing that for me while making me quality hand made all wood blades.

The blade I am now using is definitely 100% perfect for me.

So why is there a Nexy blade in your signature? Doing some advertising for NexyUSA, are you Carl? The goon squad is coming for you if you are not using that blade and it is in your equipment along with the perfect blade for you...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Pretty common for the pros to use other brands product so it's not only Fan Zhendong. Like Carl wrote Dima is using both a Stiga Clipper and Tenergy even if he is Donic sponsored. I can not really understand why they just can't get used to their own brands equipment, but I guess many pros are very meticulous with their equipment. Did Fan Zhendong use the Viscaria before he got sponsored by Stiga?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So why is there a Nexy blade in your signature? Doing some advertising for NexyUSA, are you Carl? The goon squad is coming for you if you are not using that blade and it is in your equipment along with the perfect blade for you...

I really like that Peter Pan blade too. It is awesome. Great feel. I actually like the Tibhar (Nexy) Kim Jung Hoon blade even more than the Peter Pan blade.

But the OSP blade is in my signature too and that one I can't stop using. So, in a sense I am advertising for OSP too!

Maybe FZD is using different blades against different opponents!?

Nah! He is actually always using a Viscaria. The blade that has a Stiga Infinity handle is also a Viscaria. It is well researched.

Did Fan Zhendong use the Viscaria before he got sponsored by Stiga?

Yep. That is what he used as a junior and he never actually changed it. He has just been using a Viscaria with an Infinity handle. It is pretty well documented. Pretty sure Stiga knows.

Now as for me, I am actually using a Virtuoso with a Nexy handle and a Peter Pan with an OSP handle.

Last edited: