Dan vs 12 year old wonderkid from China!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi everyone!

On my recent trip to China with STIGA, I took on number 4 in China under 12's in a 1 set table tennis match! It was good fun taking on the super kid, you can watch the match below to find out who wins :)

This match took place in the Beijing Province team, wow they were incredible, and so intense! You can watch more footage from the Beijing Province team in the clip below from the STIGA Video Series to China.

Competition Winner

After 2 week of users submitting entries, we now have a winner for the signed TableTennisDaily t-shirt by Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, and Liu Guoliang. This competition is in association with the entries that took place on TTD here.

Thanks to all users who submitted an entry. A list of all the TTD users (4 in total) who posted a correct entry (12 year old - 11-5) with a minimum of 10 posts to their username and 2 reviews were put into an excel spread sheet with a number assigned to their name.

List of winning entries: https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/compaugwin.pdf

Step 1

Using random.org, a random number was generated which produced the winner.

shirowinner.jpg

Step 2

Congratulations to shiro who has won the signed TableTennisDaily t-shirt by Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, and Liu Guoliang.

Stay tuned for more TableTennisDaily competitions! Thanks for everyone who took part! Plenty more competitions will be on their way soon in 2015!

TableTennisDaily

Beijing Province Team Video Series:

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Awesome. That was a good competition. Congratulations Shiro. I want to see a photo of you with that shirt when after you receive it. Perhaps holding it up instead of wearing it so everyone can see the signatures. Enjoy.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I also had an experience where I was annihilated like that by a 12 year old Chinese at a provincial training facility (in Wuhan, this was probably eight years ago). Only in my case I was done in by a girl, much the same way. She had LP on her backhand and attacked with them constantly and I have never seen anything quite like it since. I wonder what happened to her? She would be around 20 now. In China the odds would be that she is not playing TT anymore, too many great players and a lot of attrition.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Wow ... Congrats to shiro .... But i have also hit the score right .... wow ... :) i`m so prud about my self :)
And Dan you have been so frozen i have seen you in better moving .....:)
Anyway great competition .....
looking foward to new one ..... but please dont forget it next time :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
how come 99% of this forum is about equipment yet nobody talked about the equipment of "12year" ?
would have been cool if dan went and asked "12year" to try his equipment, check how boosted his h3 was, etc.
maybe ask his coach the reason for choosing that equipment....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
how come 99% of this forum is about equipment yet nobody talked about the equipment of "12year" ?
would have been cool if dan went and asked "12year" to try his equipment, check how boosted his h3 was, etc.
Didn't you get the conclusion in the end? Dan got beaten by a 12 year old kid with a mini bat! ;)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I also had an experience where I was annihilated like that by a 12 year old Chinese at a provincial training facility (in Wuhan, this was probably eight years ago). Only in my case I was done in by a girl, much the same way. She had LP on her backhand and attacked with them constantly and I have never seen anything quite like it since. I wonder what happened to her? She would be around 20 now. In China the odds would be that she is not playing TT anymore, too many great players and a lot of attrition.

Hey Baal! I can imagine, I saw many other 12 year olds or even younger playing at such a high level! It is quite scary the vast amount of great players. As you say you played this 12 year old in Wuhan Province, I played against this one in Beijing. There are many across the whole of China at this level. Perhaps you can somehow trace her name by emailing the club? I am going to try get this boys name who I played. I should have got it in the first place, but I was angry I lost to him. Haha just kidding :)

But it sure is great to see such competent playing abilities at such a young age. At the beginning it is quite surreal, but you quickly get use to it because it is the norm out there.

Wow ... Congrats to shiro .... But i have also hit the score right .... wow ... :) i`m so prud about my self :)
And Dan you have been so frozen i have seen you in better moving .....:)
Anyway great competition .....
looking foward to new one ..... but please dont forget it next time :)

Well done making it to the final 4 Bobpuls :)

Yes I wasn't warmed up, the kid had been training 2 hours prior to when I played him haha! :D

Congrats to the winner. I wonder if anyone on here knows who this Chinese player is? Lets track him down. Did you get a name Dan?

I'm afraid I didn't get a name, but I am going to try and retrieve it.

I just wanted to say thanks Dan. How do i claim my prize? Do i send you my address through messaging on TTD?

Hey Shiro, congrats! I have PM'd you the details.

Infact, I actually did just this. Ill see if I have the video of myself trying out his equipment. I am not to sure if this part was recorded. He uses a Viscaria with Hurricane 3 on the forehand and Tenergy 05 on the backhand. His coach told me his Hurricane 3 was a province version and rare.

And the wonder kid grip the mini bat with pen style and win by serving. I am speechless. Love to see how good he is with pen style too. Oh Dan...why? :)

Haha yes! I was speechless to when he gripped it pen hold, I was like you have to be kidding me haha! Great times!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Not bad for a 12 year old lol. I was taken to the Beijing Women's team by Guo Yan on my last day in Beijing and let me tell you, as close as I got in each game I couldn't take one. Even in deuce. They are stone cold freaks out on the table and merciless haha.

All in all a great experience though and one apparently not many foreigners get to experience!

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Not bad for a 12 year old lol. I was taken to the Beijing Women's team by Guo Yan on my last day in Beijing and let me tell you, as close as I got in each game I couldn't take one. Even in deuce. They are stone cold freaks out on the table and merciless haha.

All in all a great experience though and one apparently not many foreigners get to experience!

Haha sounds great Matt! They are relentless right! I bet you have improved so much training out there! I look forward to you sharing your experience with us on here about your China trip. Awesome!

Where you nervous Dan? Congratz to you shiro. I'm jealous!

A little yes haha. I had the whole of the Beijing team watching from the side line so it was a little daunting haha. But they were all fun and it was a cool experience. I need to get my revenge! :)

province.jpg