Does babyoil/olive oil work on Hurricane neo3 without booster???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Ok. Haha. Sorry, now i gotcha. Many players use just baby oil or lamp oil (paraffine oil) without any other booster, 'cause the oil does the 'boosting' trick itself.
and what effect does babyoil give to the rubber
Applied to the sponge in thin layers it expands the sponge. This expansion makes the topsheet stretch as well and puts the rubber under tension which therefore maximizes it's reactivity and general behaviour, so you get an increase in speed, spin and control. (As i already wrote in my first answer)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
And can the rubber stay on my bat or should it be loose

Well, if you want to apply the oil to the sponge i don't know how you want to do it without taking it off the blade, so you have to take it off carefully, then apply the oil, let it rest a while and then reglue it on your blade. The process is described more detailed in the link i've posted.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
how many layers of babyoil should the sponge have and for how long to dry

The more baby oil you put on the more of a boost effect you get so the amount you should put on depends on the amount of boost effect you want.

And as Suga D has already said, you have to take the rubbers off your racket to put the oil on the sponge.

You could put a small amount of baby oil on the topsheet if the topsheet has lost its grip and that sometimes revives a bit of the grip. But putting the oil on the sponge is how you use it to expand and soften the sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
While you wait for your answer tell me is your sheet tacky? I'm thinking of trying DHS in particular and wanted to know if your rubber can pick up and hold a ball. It seems the world of DHS is full of variables. Has nobody tried the new Hurricane 8 and compared it to the older once yet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
yes its tacky but only the first time i could pick up the ball
its dead rubber when the bold hit it, but i spins very much, so if your using your hole body its perfekt

my choose rigt now is my red neo3 2,0 i fh and my black tenergy 5 1,9 i backhand
it worked perfekt to training yesterday

bur remember it requires to youse the hole body in fh with neo 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Yeah thanks on that info, in that case it seems im already playing with something similar and maybe there is no need to try a Hurricane for this reason. The friendship transcend Im testing maybe just as tacky as the ratings claim. I just didnt like the fact that it can barely lift the ball for a second and this always seems to vary (sometimes never sometimes 2 seconds), it also doesn't stick like glue when it bounces as people show in videos.

As for playing style yes I agree that it requires full body motion to execute well. It has also helped me on the short game the way it slows down when you need to. Plays excellent when boosted. Anyway that's all I wondered, if the Hurricane is better than the Friendship Transcend, in case Im missing on more spin etc. This rubber does allow me to play full swing though and people on the receiving end have already commented how much more spin there is compared to when I chicken wing it. I was surprised to hear this as I havent mentioned to them I switched rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well everyone boosts differently, I have done many experiments on boosting and I am 100 % sure that if you apply the correct amount of booster and not more it will dry fast as I described. Blue sponge is very good for boosting because it is more porous and flexible than other sponges especially the NEO ones, I have boosted many different sponges of tacky hard sponge rubbers and the BS is just perfect for boosting and speed gluing.

Another thing I did to be 100 % sure that I dont apply too much, is to lay down 4-5 really thin layers and be really careful that i can apply each layer evenly. When I found the exact number of layers that give me a 360 curl then I stop applying. Its far better to apply more layers than 2 or 3 and make them really thin than to apply 2-3 thick layers. You should also try to apply the water based glue as evenly as possible so that the glue layer doesnt block the booster from entering the sponge. Experiment with cheap rubbers and you will find after 4-5 boosted rubbers the amount that suits you, in general the perfect boost is to have the rubber domed 360

Hope I helped :p

Or might as well just read the whole thread of the link i've posted above (and below)

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?6509-how-to-boost-a-H3-well

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Baby oil absolutely works on H3 neo. This is after 2 layers on my more than a year old H3 neo that was so dried up, the dome was reversed. The first layer flattened, the second layer added a little dome. I'm glad I didn't go with a 3rd layer, because this was way more than I could ask for!

20150907_202025.jpg20150907_202038.jpg

Reactions: Suga D