Marcos Freitas Interview - Professional Player (World Rank 42)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
TableTennisDaily exclusive interview with a TT professional! (Hours to make, seconds to comment)

7.jpg

Full Name: Marcos André Sousa Silva Freitas

Date Of Birth: 8/4/1988

Height: 1.81

Club represented: TTF Liebherr Ochsenhausen

Highest World Ranking: 42

Equipment – Peter wants to know what do you use?

Blade: Tibhar Marcos Freitas
FH Rubber: Tibhar genius
BH Rubber: Tibhar genius

Your career

How long have you been playing table tennis for, when did you start?
I started when I was 7 years old, so around 16 years now.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career?
I have had a few coaches/players in my career that helped me a lot.

BollForte94 from TableTennisDaily wants to know what you practice the most. Do you have a certain training rechime each week or does it alter?
It always depends of my match schedule, if I have an important game in some days then i try to practice more like in the game with service, if I have a period without games then I try to focus on my weak points with a lot of repetitions.

Do you serve practice often?
I try at least one time a week.

You’re a very successful international star now, what do you feel was your biggest achievement to date?
Until now I didn’t win nothing big in Men’s, I won games against some good players. I could say maybe qualifying for the Olympic 2008 games in Beijing and my best world ranking at nº42 which is the one from this current month (July 2011).

Ok, maybe you don't like looking back to this but what was your biggest low in your career?
It’s difficult to choose, I don’t have nothing really big, just some bad games that I lost.

Are you looking forward to the 2012 Olympics?
First I have to qualify, I have to play the qualification tournaments.

TerIphik - Hi, I would like to know if the material (rubbers and blades) of professional players is the same to the same material as we (nonprofessional) buy in table tennis shops?
It’s the same, of course it has difference from brand to brand but it’s the same material if you buy in the shop or if you get it like the sponsored players.

Do you use booster to enhance your rubber?
No, it’s against the rules of ITTF.

lesliefrancs - HI, Is pursuing a life towards TT worth the rewards? and does playing TT full time effect your personal life?
It changes from player to player, right now I can tell you that i want to keep playing for many more years. It affects my personal life because I’m traveling and practicing all the time.

Do you run every day?
No.

gallery_1304075986_47_407.jpg

GecaPhoenix - What's your view on the Chinese dominance at the moment, Why are they so good do you believe?
They are really good because they really invest in table tennis. They practice a lot and they have great coaches and with a big federation that only thinks about winning titles.

Leankints wants to know do you train on the mental aspects of the game. Do you find this side of the game is just as important as the technical parts?
I don’t have a special practice on the mental level but it is an important part and several players do it.

DaveCochrane - Hi, I would like to know what you want to do when you’re playing days are over, will you stay working in table tennis such as coaching etc.
I really don’t know, there are many things I would like to do, but right now I’m just focused on my career.

forestloves - HI, would you rather Win the World Championships, or win a silver in the Olympic Games?
I can’t choose, they are both great. You could choose for me forestloves!!

topgunwow - Hi, are you happy about the speed glue ban, has it had an effect on your game?
In the beginning I was not happy at all because I had many problems with the new glue and rubbers, i felt that it was really slow. But now I found my way and overall its good because it’s cleaner and we players don’t lose so much time gluing like before.

Atomichaos – Do you ever give up a match when you’re loosing?
I did several times, but a long time ago.

Legislate – If you don’t have much coaching, do you motivate yourself? Can you still be a good player without a coach?
It’s possible to be a good player without a fixed coach. But it’s always good to have someone who can help you improve. If someone become’s a good player without a coach then he could be great player with one.

Gauravvrak – Wants your mind strategy when you are 2-0 down. What do you think to have the belief to get back into the match?
It’s hard to say, i mean if you are losing 0-2 in sets then you have to change something, in sport everything is possible. You have always to believe guys

Joelstar – What warm ups do you do before a game to get you ready to compete?
I do the same warm up of the table like before a normal practice and also play in the table some exercises just to feel.

Over at TableTennisDaily we are fond of the Elite Chinese and Timo Boll (The players in the top 10 of the world). When you play against these player’s what is it they do that’s different to other players. How are they the best?
They make fewer mistakes and they have also more quality in what they are doing.

What are your earnings each year may I ask? Will it make you comfortable when you retire?
No answer.

What is your ambition in Table Tennis?
My ambition is to get to my best, improve my game and try to reach the best I can.

Off the topic questions

Who’s the most famous person you know through table tennis?
I know many players, but I don’t know which one of them is the most famous.

Who’s your favorite sportsman of all time?
I don’t have a favorite.

Favorite film?
Gladiator, a beautiful mind

What car do you drive?
Smart roadster

What’s your favorite music?
I listen to everything.

What do you do in your spare time other then table tennis?
I like to go out with friends, internet, cinema...

Do you eat well or eat junk good?
I eat well.

PS3 or XBOX 360?
I don’t like to play those consoles/

Your team mates

Who’s the funniest player in the training hall?
Huni

Who trains the hardest in the training hall?
All our team practice hard.

img_663260_23784606_1

Who’s the funniest team player?
No answer.

Who has the best nickname?
No answer.

And Lastly

And lastly, thanks very much for your kindness in taking part in this interview for all the members of the Table Tennis Daily forum to learn and know more about the life of a professional player.

Would you like to add one last tip, or an inspirational message to us all?
Table tennis is a great sport and with the help from everyone it can grow and become really big. Keep up the hard work.

Good luck in your next competition

Thanks!

TableTennisDaily Staff and forum

---Please leave your thoughts and comments below and leave a comment on any questions you would like me to ask in the next table tennis daily interview of a professional player---

---Share with your facebook friends---

Click here for more exclusive TableTennisDaily interviews

Marcos Freitas beating Timo Boll in the German League this season (2011)

Photos used: TIBHAR,
Marcos Freitas website: http://www.marcosfreitas.com/eng/

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@Rhydian My pleasure :) But I can only thank the one and only Marcos Freitas in doing it for me :)... Its a good interview, I think he will be a very dangerous player soon, not like he already is hehe

This user has no status.
S

This user has no status.
hahahah what kind of answers are those???
marcos is a master in saying a lot of words without really saying anything :D
by the way, that question about the income, is it new? I would remove it, could make the players get defensive...
also, there's no way they would tell the truth anyway :D
it's like asking if they boost or not.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
hahahah what kind of answers are those???
marcos is a master in saying a lot of words without really saying anything :D
by the way, that question about the income, is it new? I would remove it, could make the players get defensive...
also, there's no way they would tell the truth anyway :D
it's like asking if they boost or not.

Yeah very true with the money question... ill remove it..

I think players like Marcos are extremely busy and need time for other things, so he probably just flew through the interview when i sent it to him lol

says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
Nov 2010
cool marcus..keep it up!! ^^