Yasaka Rising Dragon

Does anyone know more about the new
Yasaka Rising Dragon?

"Brand new monster- rubber from Yasaka. Made for the new plastic ball. Hybrid of euro/jap/chinarubber. Not seen before. Spin of china, speed of euro,/touch of japan...Small tackiness combined with heavy grip for plastic and latest version in tension tech."

How is it compared to Rakza 7?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Very different to Rakza.

This is made in China, semi-tacky top, black sponge (at least on the black sheet). The quality of my sheet was very high, but it's quite expensive for a Chinese rubber. Only had a 5 minute knock with it so far so hard to give much detail at the moment, but it seemed OK. The topsheet looks quite similar to Big Dipper, and the sponge doesn't appear to be factory tuned (it doesn't have a glue layer).

Reactions: Suga D
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I heard it was slightly faster than Rakza 7, with Japanese sponge and light weight. (lighter than Adidas P7 at least, which again is definitely lighter than Bluefire rubbers).
Does indeed sound interesting.

d5ede73f792b3d6903d6d92247f73645.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I heard it was slightly faster than Rakza 7, with Japanese sponge and light weight. (lighter than Adidas P7 at least, which again is definitely lighter than Bluefire rubbers).
Does indeed sound interesting.

It could be a japanese sponge - the quality is good enough and it doesn't look exactly like any chinese sponge I've seen recently. It feels pretty quick once you overcome the tack.

It's quite heavy though - 76.46g uncut, which is 10g heavier than a sheet of uncut P7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ah ok, could be my source judged false. lol. He did say that's what it felt like, but he had not actually measured it. Still lighter than Bluefire though? (I know their heavy, but, can't remember measurement lol)

About the same as JP01 Turbo I think. RD's sponge is pretty hard and dense...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I see it is not being market in China at the moment. Probaby they don't believe a "Made in China" hard and tacky rubber in this price bracket can survive there without any proven record in competition. So far all review are in Japanese only. Anyone care to telll us what is it about?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Have you ever played the Spinart? If yes, how would you compare these two?

I used spinart a loooong time ago, plus that was the cell era (I guess we can call it that now).

The comparison is a good one! They are quite close in a few ways. I'd say that Rising Dragon feels a bit more solid (i.e. generally harder) and direct than spinart, which itself feels more elastic and flexible. Pretty similar though. RD might come to life if tuned.

The problem with RD as I see it at the moment is the price - it feels quite similar to many recent Chinese rubbers but is twice the price. I need a bit more time with it to get a good handle on it though.

I see it is not being market in China at the moment. Probaby they don't believe a "Made in China" hard and tacky rubber in this price bracket can survive there without any proven record in competition. So far all review are in Japanese only. Anyone care to telll us what is it about?

anyone that can translate?