Whats the "cheapest" but decent bh rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
what is the characteristic that makes it more suitable for the backhand?

Somehow I know someone will ask this question. :)

From Sword's own word. "This rubber has bubble (means rough) top sheet surface. Combined with a new high bounce and light weight sponge. Which can maintain high catapult with a reduction of weight. When used in BH, you get a light, high bounce and a feeling of easy control. A good choice for table tennis player."

says Aging is a killer
OK so
1 Rough topsheet, so not very reactive to incoming spin from serves
2 Lightweight, so allows for a heavy FH rubber or a light bat overall
3 High catapult/high bounce, good for BH flips from incoming serve (?), maybe good driving rubber from distance.
4 Thinner sponge (2mm), better control than max (?) also lighter.
5 Doesn't sound like a good chopping rubber or easy looper.

I think I understand what Sword is trying to achieve. A close to table blocking/diving style of BH as backup to a FH oriented attacking player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
OK so
1 Rough topsheet, so not very reactive to incoming spin from serves
2 Lightweight, so allows for a heavy FH rubber or a light bat overall
3 High catapult/high bounce, good for BH flips from incoming serve (?), maybe good driving rubber from distance.
4 Thinner sponge (2mm), better control than max (?) also lighter.
5 Doesn't sound like a good chopping rubber or easy looper.

I think I understand what Sword is trying to achieve. A close to table blocking/diving style of BH as backup to a FH oriented attacking player.

Your analysis is spot on. Basically it is a cheap rubber (about $5 in China) which suits many low to mid level's BH style. Most players in China still prefer a hard and tacky H3 type rubber in black for FH. And the red sponge makes it another big plus for a cool Tenergy look so I think Sword even had that area covered when designing a rubber for BH. :)

Reactions: HappySpinner
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Thanks much Hamasaki, Tinykin, NL and turbo! My EJ instinct pushed me to go for Tuttle Beijing 4 last night. Will definitely consider your recommendations if it doesn't work well for me. By the way, my base is dhs pg7, fh is boosted h3 neo and yeah the bh would be the Beijing 4. Again, thanks much for the help!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Thanks much Der_Echte and BeGo! Could have first tried Dawei xp 2008 if my ej itch allowed me to wait longer time for responses, also, the source's shipping takes longer time than average so I was quite in a hurry to purchase, shipping wait time somehow makes me crazy.:) But would definitely give it a try next time! Again, thanks everyone!

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Ive been very happy with the yinhe jupiter (36 degrers max) on my rpb bh (slighly tacky, higher throw, and punchy too on a YEO) . I was considering the moon speed for the new balls but the throw is too low. It seams im back to considering the big dipper as my closest option.

Will the yinhe rubbers bottom out on me away from the table?

Reactions: HappySpinner
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
ronz91 if you are after more spin then maybe Neo Hurricane 3 which is £18.99 from Bribar. If you wanted more speed as well id maybe look elsewhere as the Hurricane slightly slower than the Focus 3 Snipe anyway. I`m not sure you can get a cheaper rubber than probably £15 - £20 that will be much quicker or spinnier from my experience which is what it sounds like you want. But are you after more control,spin or speed?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you were in USA... which you are not... AND you said within $25 USD... I would say XP 2008, NEXY ELPIS ($20 USD in USA) and H3 NEO (if you are into that kind of rubber) all great choices for little money and they do not have hte slippery problems modern rubbers have in extreme humid conditions.

Problem is you have to order by mail and the shipping charges are high for one package, so you almost have to buy a lot at one time from the same place to make the cost per item acceptable.