unknown_poster Has Been Banned

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
User unknown_poster has been permanently banned

I thought about this long and hard and have been following his posts since he first joined as a member. It is with regret that I inform you that I decided to ban unknown_poster from the TableTennisDaily website.

The reason this was a hard decision is that I truly feel he has a lot of unique knowledge and experience and it would be great if TTDaily members could benefit from that expertise. However, I feel that his argumentative nature, his overwhelming anger and his penchant for making unfounded accusations and calling people names makes me feel that the forum is ultimately better off without this input.

I have sent him numerous private messages to try and get him to be a more positive force for good on the forum. But he has declined to respond to any of my messages which really leaves me no other option.

I appreciate all of your support on the forum and apologize to anyone who ended up being the target of his anger and accusations.

Have a fantastic week pingers :)
TTD Team

This user has no status.
Thanks for the information, and thanks for taking action. This is your place and you set the rules, bounderies and limitations to ensure the kind of place you whant this to be. Most people think internet forums are democracys... They are not.
I for one think it was the right move. Knowlage in TT can not compensate for bad manners.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I think we tried to handle the situation by the book. In my opinion we all have right of the freedom of speech which will make good discussions in a forum like this. Not every ppl agree with each other, but hopefully we learn from them. When that is said being aggressive and making accusations against another person is very inappropriate and not welcoming. Unknown_poster had some strong subjective opinions against some TT organizations which he means that has ruined TT. Actually some of his opinions were some to think about, but overall his attitude were not accepted and therefore a ban was needed after several warnings.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
At the end of the day this is no different to any other community, we are all here to contribute and enjoy the forum. Sounds like he was given plenty of chances to change his behaviour and I know that the last thing Dan would want to do is have to remove someone from the forum, so there is no doubt in my mind that this was his last option.