How to choose the right brand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Hey, it's been a while since I've last checked in here.

So my question is: how do i choose the right brand to buy my rubbers from?

I know butterfly has the best reputation and tenergy' rubbers where a previlege to play with so far. But since the price got high few years ago I've switched to yasaka's Rakza 7 Soft - which was fantastic as well : almost same effect and much cheaper.

But now i am back to the table starting all new and want to make the rightest choice i can make.

Ive read a lot of reviews about great rubbers like hurricane8, calibra lt, acuda blue and ect. Unfortunately i do not have the money nor time to try every rubber.

My style of play is offensive-close to the table. Attack mostly with the forehand side and use Timo Boll ALC (love the control and the weight).

My basic instincts tells me to stick with the tenergy series (whether the 05 or the 80) as it is the most advanced series in the market as far as i know and although the high price.

How do i proceed?
Thank you very much for your time
Have a Good day

Sent from my SM-G925S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Personally I play with tenergy mostly because of its durability. Yasaka rakza, donic acuda & barracuda are all great rubbers very close to tenergy but cheaper. If you play regularly (3 times a week and more) and your game is focused on spin then I believe tenergy is the best choice because it lasts longer, so it maybe seem expensive at the beginning but it will last 1 year at least. If you train less than 3 times a week then go for a cheaper rubber

Of course what Rajah above me said, is the only thing you should focus your attention, equipment comes 2nd.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
You're right, it's near impossible to try everything you would like to try. The best thing you can do is exactly what you are doing right now. Get in the forums and on blogs and find other people's opinions and reviews of equipment and try and look for types which sound like they might suit you. Once you narrow down a few options you can ask for more advice from peers and experts and pick one from them and then try it.

That process will help you narrow down and really think about what you like in a rubber which really helps others to help you find what you need.

Reactions: Suga D and guybr50