Should i get both soft rubbers or 1 soft and 1 medium-hard?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Hi everyone,
Currently, as my rubbers, i have xiom vega europe on both sides. Both rubbers are soft. As of now, i am planning on switching as these rubbers aren't as good as when i was learning. They produce a decent amount of spin and speed but not as much as i would like anymore. Now, i am planning to upgrading to the rakza series from Yasaka. I am planning on getting the Rakza 7 Soft for my backhand and the Razka 7 for my forehand. However, i am still debating on whether i should get Rakza 7 soft on both of the sides, or 1 soft and 1 Medium-hard on my forehand. Please provide your opinions below. For now, xiom vega europe is fine for my backhand, but i was also planning on switching my forehand rubber to xiom vega pro.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
First off, can't see what blade you'd be using? Id not put the rakzas on a off+ carbon blade. I tried it, didnt help. But on a off- all wood blade, I love em. The soft 7 is bouncier and a bit slower. The regular 7 is more direct. I like em on both BH and FH. Try em out to find out if they fit your blade and style of play. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
First off, can't see what blade you'd be using? Id not put the rakzas on a off+ carbon blade. I tried it, didnt help. But on a off- all wood blade, I love em. The soft 7 is bouncier and a bit slower. The regular 7 is more direct. I like em on both BH and FH. Try em out to find out if they fit your blade and style of play. :)

I'm planning to use these 2 rubbers on my all wood off blade, Ma Lin Extra Offensive. As i can see, your using both the rubbers. CAn you tell me which rubber is for your backhand and which is for your forehand and tell me how they play on your backhand/forehand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
Most players prefer something a little softer and more controlled on their backhand. To have the Rakza 7 on forehand and 7 soft on backhand is a logical choice, if you play a more forehand dominant game which most players do.

The soft rubber on the backhand helps achieve more control and spin absorption while the more medium variety on the forehand will add a little more crispness and reactiveness to your shots.

If you play more control and spin control on your forehand then the soft variety may be better for you, but generally a firmer variety on the forehand is a common choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Most players prefer something a little softer and more controlled on their backhand. To have the Rakza 7 on forehand and 7 soft on backhand is a logical choice, if you play a more forehand dominant game which most players do.

The soft rubber on the backhand helps achieve more control and spin absorption while the more medium variety on the forehand will add a little more crispness and reactiveness to your shots.

If you play more control and spin control on your forehand then the soft variety may be better for you, but generally a firmer variety on the forehand is a common choice.

Thank you. The reason i was changing to the razka series was because of your website. Your rakza series rubbers cost the same amount i pay for xiom rubbers on another website.

This user has no status.
Id say the regular 7 suits my style of play on both bh and fh better then the soft does. On my banda the difference is tiny and I tend to switch sides alot to change pace for my opponant. Thay play pretty much the same i terms of spin and control. On the Hybrid wood the difference was huge! The 7 soft lacked speed. Real evident on a carbon blade. Strange really, but these rubbers are quite alot faster on the banda. How they play on your blade, I can't tell you.