Nittaku Tenor , Adidas P3&P7 Review.

This user has no status.
Hello everyone :eek:

First of all i must say this forum helped me in so many things and i cant express how much i thank you guys.

Welp...i received these beauties a while ago and just now i assembled them. As im not an expert, just a newbie EJ, my focus will be about the feeling and try to compare these to others blades i have. Currently i am with this Tenor setup, RW5 2 Rakza 7, Appelgren Exlcusive 2 MarkV AD, Extra Offensive LT Plus/OmegaIV(the original) , CarboSpeed 2 OmegaIVAsia , Joo se Hyu OmegaIVAsia/CurlP1, Offensive S 802-40/MarkV, Ludeack LT Spin/Clippa, P500 H3NEO/MarkV, Malin Extra Special LTPlus/LT Sound(gone :( ) , Victas Matsushita H3NEO/P3 Alpha (gone too :( ). And when i get some time ill try to review these as well.

Nittaku Tenor :
WP_20150825_029.jpgWP_20150825_034.jpgWP_20150825_049.jpgWP_20150825_030.jpgWP_20150825_037.jpgWP_20150825_041.jpg

A beautiful, well-crafted blade. Everything smooth as butter. No sharp edges. Comes with a very, very thin coat of sealant. A coat of Alcohol based sealant was applied to the handle, just to keep the gorgeous looking of it.

At first i thought it'd be a brick in my hand due its weight - 93gr - and the oversized head. Yea, its heavy. But less head heavy than some Stigas blades i have. The rubbers take some part of it but its mainly the balance of the blade. Even tho its oversized i dont think it impacts some "pocket power shots" , compact moves.
As a close-to-table allround offensive player, i must say it is slow when you want, and super fast when you swing enough. Before i used Adidas with Tenor, i tried Omega IV Asia both sides, Omega V Europa, Vega Europa, Tenergy 64 and the blade behavior did not change. It is dead in short-play, fast close game, and fast/super spinny mid distance rallies. A friend o mine has one too, he uses Adidas P5 and Adidas Blaze Speed SP, im not familiar with SP but the little i tried, it still offering the speed and placement control, a true do-it-all this blade is. Well, another friend o mine tried LP+Tenor and it didnt go well, too fast he said.
In short
*Beautiful blade
*Outstanding Craftmanship
*Little Vibrations...well, it does have vibrations but not like a tamborine like P500, Rosewood V, Infinity and Offensive S. It is smooth. Its vibration connects to your soul and you become as one.
*Short/Close game very good.
*Mid distance is where it shines. If you do a full swing, is almost a point won, spin is huge and so is the speed. In rallies i can change direction with much more accuracy than other setups.
*Full racket i think is about 190~gr but doest feel it. Still very agile. I feel my RW5 (82gr) with 2 Rakzas 7 way more headheavy than this.

Adidas P7 : WP_20150825_009.jpgWP_20150825_010.jpgWP_20150825_011.jpgWP_20150825_016.jpg
(sorry, i coundnt rotate the pics, i dont know why/how.)

Very nice package. Really, really grip and hard when pressing finger. It comes with a plastic package with holes. Doesnt have any strange smell and curls a lot. Regular dome. It really was a struggle to glue it and when i did, the sealant on the Tenor let it loose and after sanding it a bit, i still cannot reglue with perfect simetry, mainly due its curl. It really makes me mad, it is just 1mm off to the left, but really,makes, me, mad.
Boucing the ball on it makes very little noise. Not overly bouncy with a relaxing vibration. The spin i got when i throw against the rubber is the highest i got so far. Rakza 7, H3NEO, Omega Asia, LT Plus, none. I even draw some stripes in the ball to be sure.
When first i played with it was a disaster. Very high-throw, a bit bouncy when you go passive, but much less than Rakza 7. Just after 4 hours i started to put some balls on the table. About a 8 hours to make some quality shots. It is really a different but awesome rubber. 3rd ball opening is a breeze. With you wrist movement only you can do damage with spin. Slow loop is very easy as well, although it is bouncy short game, with a good swing you can do a slow spinny ball close to the net.
FH exchanges you can really feel the ball sinking in the sponge, despite being overall a hard rubber, the feeling is very butter soft :)
In short
*Ultimate Spin
*Good speed, 8.5/10 id say.
*Pleasant feeling.
*Not noisy
*Low, medium, high gear are there at your will.
*Looks very alike Rakza7 topsheet, and being its durability very alike markV (7months now and plays/look like new) i think P7 so will do last that much.
*Rumors says Adidas is discontinuing TT products :(

Adidas P3 : WP_20150825_001.jpgWP_20150825_002.jpgWP_20150825_004.jpgWP_20150825_006.jpg
(Again, i still not figuring out how to rotate dem pics)

Same Package, really grippy as well but way more soft when pressing finger. No smell, very little curl. I could easily reglue with simetry this rubber. when i clean the sponge, despite have softer sponge, i did not damage it just like P7. I used Norizuke San Yasaka Glue on both.
Control control and control. This rubber is all about control. Has decent speed ( if t64 is 9.4 this is 9.0), very good spin even with small wrist movement. Dead in passive game, doesnt accept income spin. Punch blocks 80% goes to the table. Well, i punch block a lot, i love to push to the oponent do a slow loop :3
Low throw but not like LT Sound, id say Medium Throw, like MarkV or Vega Europa. Despite the throw, 3rd ball opening is easy and very controlled and so does 2nd ball attack. At my level, most of serves are heavy-long-lateral in my BH. I can easily attack those balls, not lighting fast to win the point but i really do considerably damage. As its brother P7, P3 also shines Mid Distance when you do a full swing. The arc is awesome, trajetory low.
In short :
*Awesome BH Rubber
*Dead short game
*Little wrist movement packages tons of spin
*Medium-low Throw
*Grippy as rat-trap
*I did not like the feeling that much. I prefer the P7 at this department. Feels like a Xiom rubber.
*Durability might be an issue. It is soft (42.5 i suppose) and the topsheet is thin compared to P7, Rakza or Omegas.

---

Well, i hope you guys like this review/thoughts about these products. If there is anything in particular about the equipements you wanna know, feel free to ask or PM.

Grateful,
Raul Paccheco.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
As im not an expert, just a newbie EJ, my focus will be about the feeling and try to compare these to others blades i have. Currently i am with this Tenor setup, RW5 2 Rakza 7, Appelgren Exlcusive 2 MarkV AD, Extra Offensive LT Plus/OmegaIV(the original) , CarboSpeed 2 OmegaIVAsia , Joo se Hyu OmegaIVAsia/CurlP1, Offensive S 802-40/MarkV, Ludeack LT Spin/Clippa, P500 H3NEO/MarkV, Malin Extra Special LTPlus/LT Sound(gone :( ) , Victas Matsushita H3NEO/P3 Alpha (gone too :( ). And when i get some time ill try to review these as well.

So you describe yourself as "a newbie EJ", but you have tons of equipment :D.

I just wonder how much equipment it takes to buy to become an "expert EJ" :D.

As for the review, very informative, thanks a lot!

Reactions: JulienB