Rubber value

This user has no status.
Searching the net for good deals on rubbers I found a site selling Yinhe rubbers.
Reading up on this brand made me think of rubber value.

I get 2,5 big dippers for 1 rakza ..
I get 4,5 big dippers for 1 tenergy..

Big dippers got a 5 star rating in the equipment section.

Why isn't everybody playing big dipper? :)

I love the Rakza's.. But on paper the Yinhe must be best value rubber ever?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is what I find. There are a lot of companies, particularly from China that have a lot of semi-high quality products at fairly inexpensive prices. Usually these products are good but inconsistent. For example: you can read about people who got one batch of Big Dipper 38 degrees and thought: "wow, amazing!" And then got another batch and were disappointed because the next batch was much harder or the boost effect was not as noticeable. Now if you are the type of person who can get a rubber and be happy with it whatever it is, and then get a next rubber and be happy with it whatever it is, even though it is the same rubber and it plays differently, then go for it.

In spite of not loving Butterfly as a company, I will still give them their props when they do something well. Tenergy is probably the most consistent rubber on the market. So you know what you are getting. It also lasts longer than most rubbers in its price bracket.

But if you don't mind minor inconsistencies and a product that is a bit lower quality but a better overall value, then those products from China are well worth it.

I just watched Der_Ecthe play at a decently high level with rubbers that were beat up and dead as a door nail. And he still could generate lots of spin.

I am spoiled. I like the stuff that plays really well. But, I can use anything. Before I put on my new rubbers, the rubbers I was using were 10 months old and had gone through serious abuse. I did not change them because I needed to. I changed them because I felt like it. I could have used the old rubbers for another year or so. But, I like trying fancy new stuff. [emoji2]

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl just HAD to edit hiz post for the LULZ of it.

Yeah, my Aurus was 3 yrs old with 500 hrs on it and the Elpis likely had 350hrs+ on it as well, WELL past the "You had Better replace Ur rubbers" stage.

I hit with Carl's OSP with MX-P and made 19 of my last 20 loops using it. Good blade and rubbers surprisingly worked well.

I asked our CEO to send me new sheet of MX-P and Elpis, so maybe I'll be awesum like Carl, Next Level, BH-Smashy, and PP Holic some day.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I asked SmashFan if he had any idea of what you use on your BH and when I told him you were using a $25.00 non-tensor (basic) rubber that is old and well worn and that your FH rubber was even older, he said, "I know, well get him to try Tenergy!" I said: "No, you don't get it. He uses a basic rubbers, often already worn out, to show that, even with rubbers that most would consider slow and not very spinny, his BH still rocks the lights out."

Reactions: BeGo and Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I asked SmashFan if he had any idea of what you use on your BH and when I told him you were using a $25.00 non-tensor (basic) rubber that is old and well worn and that your FH rubber was even older, he said, "I know, well get him to try Tenergy!" I said: "No, you don't get it. He uses a basic rubbers, often already worn out, to show that, even with rubbers that most would consider slow and not very spinny, his BH still rocks the lights out."

I sent the Space Shuttle to retrieve this comment from Trouble Maker Carl's menacing App spying on us from teh ionosphere....

Carl credits me with KEEPING wore out rubbers on my blade just to "Stick it to the Establishment"... and on one level I reckon that is true, but in truth, I just don't like spending good money when I can make what I got work. Aurus last a WHOLE HEAP longer than T05. When I used Tenergy in Korea, I was lucky to get 3 weeks outta that thing before performance fell off the cliff. Absolutely HAD to change it out at 5 weeks, couldn't stand it any longer.

It is true I can make extreme spin with a good ole control rubber that isn't exactly in a new condition, but I wasn't really doing it to show off, I did it to save chicken and beer money :D

EDIT: I refuse to edit this post for spelling ^_^

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Longtime TTD forum members will know I was a believer in control class rubber on BH wing and frequently used XP 2008 in MAX for YEARS. Now that I am a President and Janitor of a TT Equipment Distributor, I needed to use NEXY blades and rubbers. Since I was already testing practically their entire lineup, it was easy to find many NEXY blades that suited me. Finding an inverted rubber is a little more tricky as we offer only two, I settled on ELPIS, a control rubber great for BH and in a pinch for FH. I simply continued using my Tenergy hangover rubbers, mostly Aurus and occasionally Evolution.

I think it is difficult to exceed the value of those rubbers and even harder to exceed a combination that you have developed a feel for the ball and good touch.

This user has no status.
Im asking cuz I found a combo that works for me. The banda/rakza is the best setup ive ever played. Id be happy playing it til my last breath, but the amount of old blades are stacking up, and they all scream at me from the drawer: im cold! Put some rubbers on me!!! I ain't got that kind of cash + im to qurious dying without trying new stuff! :)
Thats why im leaning towards trying yinhe out. Worst case scenario: they all end up on the damn stiga hybrid wood.. ;)

This user has no status.
If you play with Rakza and you like it, it's after all not that expensive. You can use your old ones on the spare blades...
However, if you want to put some newish clothes on old blades, you could do worse than getting some sheets of Xiom Vega (any, just not the China). Much cheaper than Rakza, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Other option is to get a few second hand rubbers at silly prices, if you don't mind the colour, or the potential dimensiosn mismatch.
I often coach with a blade with rubbers that are too small, and both the same colour.

Reactions: Liten
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Im hearing Olios advice: Xiom Vega. Found both Euro and Pro at 13euro less than rakza. Looking at some reviews they seem popular.
Thanks for the tip Olio! Will look in to them!

Olio's info is good. Vega is a great value. Very good and not too expensive.

Sent from OuterSpace via TroubleMakerCentral

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
Thanks!

Ive never used Tenergy, so I can't relate to the comparisons made.
So far the Rakza's are the best "do it all" rubbers ive tried. The Stiga Boost XT on the Hybrid Wood is the fastest rubber ive tried, and the TG2 neo and H3 Neo is the heaviest and tackiest rubbers ive tried. Tackiest is not equal to spinniest in my case as my tecnique is not up to par with what the H3 or TG2 can produce. I generate much more spin in over the table play with the Rakzas, only serves may be more spinnier with the chinese rubbers. I find the Chinese rubbers harder to vary my play with cuz of the effort needed to get speed on the ball, thus loosing control and the ability to ad spin on the ball when the pace picks up. The Rakzas let me be creative without loosing speed.

Im sure I would love the tenergy's. But I can't justify the money they cost, im not that good of a player.
Will look in to the Vega's if I can get hold of them at a fair price. They were pre-orders at the moment. :/

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
hmmm it is not completely thru that with sticky chinese rubbers you can not generate this big amount of spin ...
But it is true that with rakza or razant is it much simplier . But with good technique you can do a nice side loops or top loops and is is much easier to counter with china sticky rubbers.
I`m still waiting on shipment of Omega V Eur and DHS hurricane 8 arrive.
And then i do a new blade for me with carbon one side and carbo-aramid second side and there will be Tenergy 05 with DHS Hurricane 3 National. but when the omega will be good then i will stick with it.
This will be my decision no matter what price ratio.
But for now i really like Dhs TG2 and i`m seriously looking for good sponsor to get this one. http://www.prott.cc/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=XuXiTG2

This user has no status.
I to played TG2 Neo for a while. I think the blade really is key to getting the performance you whant out of those rubbers. It has to be a softer blade than a stiff off + carbon blade.

Verry true, my technique is the missing link. The chinese rubbers can get LOADS of spin on high speed balls as seen on most top matches with the CNT.. but im not even close to manipulating a weak return into something else than a drive or a loop with the chinese rubbers I got. If I try, the ball often lands off the table, due to the amout of effort needed to engage the ball. The rakzas are way more energy efficient in terms of effort needed to generate a mixed game. (For me that is.)