Rakza P.O Review (Comparing to 802-40)

This user has no status.
Hi there again :)

I bought recently Rakza P.O and acquired a 2nd hand 802-40. Im looking foward to try these SP's in the next week on a 7 ply Nittaku Ludeack FL 86gr.
I can say in advance that rakza shotsheet is a bit thicker, just a little. Both horizontaly aligned. Rakza pips are thiner, way less grippy when rubbing the ball against it and more spaced. 802-40 sponge is also way softer than rakza's.

I will follow the pictures and will add the review/thoughts/feeling as soon as possible.
Feel free to ask in the meanwhile. :eek:

Grateful,
Raul Pacheco.

WP_20150908_002.jpgWP_20150908_003.jpgWP_20150908_005.jpgWP_20150908_007.jpgWP_20150910_005.jpgWP_20150910_015.jpgWP_20150910_016.jpgWP_20150910_017.jpg

Reactions: Suga D and Liten
This user has no status.
Today i finally hit with it. I took a while because i was waiting Rakza 7 to arrive.
I glued both on a Tenor instead of Ludeack. I found ludeack top ply may be too soft, then i switch the rubbers that was on tenor to ludeack. (I must say it is really something with p7,p3. Control and counter department is awesome, without any cons i think...ok, maybe short game.)
For the first 2 hours i glue both 802-40 and Rakza PO. As i was more familiar with 802-40 it was more consistent at first. Doing drills were ok. Playgame i could easily open opponent serves. The problem i found it was bouncy when blocking or hitting through topspins. It is spinny, id say same as premades dhs bats and on serves, its just like an average inverted.
I prefered 802/40 on FH as its behavior does not differs that much from inverted. Too spinny. Maybe as a Cpen FH hitter it is good (and sure i will use for this purpose).
After 2 hours i finally glued Rakza 7 MAX onto Tenor's FH. During these first hours i could slowly getting/learning Rakza PO's behavior. Way easier to block than 729. 2nd ball attack required more precise timing but still can do it. Hitting through opponent 3rd ball loop was easy. It does feel and play way less spinnier than 802/40. More balls go to the net due it. I really requires precise timing to hit otherwise you will only use it for block. But of course, it does pay off. Speed is lightning fast. The sponge does look and feel like rakza's. I think its the same as Rakza 7 Soft, although not remotely as bouncy as it. After first 4 hours i tried some matches. Disaster. Still not familiar with SP strategy. Positioning and trading like an inverted x.x Despite the shame i was able to win lot of points countering 3rd balls or fast drives or quick BH to BH rally killing it with a flat hit :) - the opponents i play are used to SP and as BH is my best wing they tended explore far FH side drives -. It was a good first experience.

All in all
802-40 is easy learning because it is really spinny. If you are used to inverted this is really something and its very cheap!
Still fast, good attack and ok control for a SP.
Rakza PO is deader. Way less spin. Does require a bit of time to get used to. Maybe if you are a long time SP user and want something really fast might be something for you. I much preffered to attack with it, felt more consistent after a while whereas with 729 it was tricky due spin acceptiveness. Do not try to chop with it. Too fast. Serves are ok, not as good as 802-40.

If there is anything else ye wanna know, just ask :eek:

Grateful,
Raul Pacheco.

Reactions: Inkognito and Liten