Rubbers for DHS Hurricane Long V

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hello everybody,
I've just received a DHS Hurricane Long V blade today.
Please share your experiences about rubbers on this blade. Which rubbers do you use on this blade?
Any response is highly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have tried both euro and chinese rubbers on this blade and they both work good.
More specific I used H3 NEO and Tenergy 64 at that time. I would say T05 is a better match IMO.

what's the different between commercial and prov neo? I've never used the commercial one

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
what's the different between commercial and prov neo? I've never used the commercial one
They are just a nudge better in terms of quality and tackiness. Still needs to be boosted to get the full pontential out of the rubber though.

They are just a nudge better in terms of quality and tackiness. Still needs to be boosted to get the full pontential out of the rubber though.

I heard the provincial is less tacky compared to the commercial, not sure though, i guess I'll try the commercial after my rubber dies.

This user has no status.
Congratulations!

I also recommend T05 for this blade, i have this rubber on my DHS Hurricane Hao III, and in our club there is a player with DHS Hurricane Long 5 and T05 rubber on it[FH i think], not sure about the other rubber, but it is really difficult to ignore T05 if you can afford it and look for something else, if you can't afford it just wait hundreds of recommendation to be posted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
So far there are only 6 messages. Hope I'll get more.
As far as T05 is concerned, I've just put 05 and 64 on Mizutani ZLC blade and would not like to remove them for now. I will in future, though, to see which is a better match.
I have the following rubbers available (almost brand new). Please advise the two of them as I don't want to spend money for rubbers at the moment.
XIOM OMEGA IV Elite
DONIC Bluefire M3
YASAKA RAKZA 7 SOFT
TSP Agrit
Donic Acuda S2
Donic Baracuda
TIBHAR AURUS SOFT
Cornilleau Target Force 45
STIGA CALIBRA TOUR M Medium
Maxxx 450
Tibhar Evolution EL-P
ANDRO RASANT POWERGRIP
Donic BlueFire JP03

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
We have no clue what this guy's level is and nor his playing style and we want to recommend to him the best equipment for his blade - really?

Guys, let's be honest - any good blade and any good rubber go together - the question is whether the combination fits your playing style.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
We have no clue what this guy's level is and nor his playing style and we want to recommend to him the best equipment for his blade - really?

Guys, let's be honest - any good blade and any good rubber go together - the question is whether the combination fits your playing style.

He said he've just received that DHS Hurricane Long 5, i myself a low level dreaming about this blade, and this blade is not All-round or not even OFF, i rate it as OFF+ or OFF++ and you think he should go with slow or controllable rubber?

This blade means that the player is good enough, doesn't mean he is so high level, but to use one of those so fast blade means the skill or level is good enough, i have DHS HH3 after so many blades i bought and honestly speaking all my friends told me that my style is so differnt with this blade than any other blades including JM and Carbonado 190.

Don't take my post as an offensive to your post, but when i read his OP i felt like he shouldn't go less than his blade, and it is not our responsibility about his level or playing style, at the end we buy anything regardless it is the right buy or wrong, and from what i did i felt that i may use all blades good enough with practice or coaching for sure, but, some rackets can make my play easier than other even if i am still in beginning, and when someone buy a high quality or expensive blade then i keep recommending high quality rubbers too or if he buys high quality/expensive rubber than i also recommend something that is rated high or expensive blade.

Tenergy 05 and T05FX proved for me on different blade, so why i shouldn't recommend it then? it is expensive yes, i just recommend and it is up to others can afford it or not, i can recommend another rubbers that are good enough but cheap, but i really don't know how long those rubber can last and if it will serve for so long time, now me with T05 i don't think i will change it for so long time, but if i bought some of those chinese cheap rubber i may change it in about 1-2 months, i started with a $10 blade and $200 blade, and about $20 4 rubbers and $65 2 rubbers, and within 1-2 months just returned back to this sport i definitely kept that so cheap blade/rubbers in my bag and never touch it again, and that cheap blade/rubber was by recommendations from others for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
TareqPhoto,

I know what I am doing and the reason why I am doing it. Lots of people read these kinds of posts and buy into the same mindset that you and the OP do, that there is something special about a blade and rubber pairing that requires you to match it like a jigsaw puzzle. I have played pretty long and bought a lot of rubbers and I can say with strong certainty that that is a bunch of nonsense. IF you want, either you or OP can post a video of your matches so we can see what these blades and magic rubbers are doing for your game.

My post is one among many. You can have your personal preferences, but you cannot tell me that this rubber was made for this blade in a way that says that if another rubber was put on it, the blade would be unusable. All good blades and good rubbers can be used. For a particular experienced player, his familiarity with a specific blade may make it better for him and with his playing style, a certain set of rubbers make sense and with his familiarity with that rubber, he will play well with both as a setup. If you give me a good popular all round to offensive blade with decent feeling and an offensive, high spin rubber/tensor of good quality (Tenergy, Evolution, Rasant), I will play well with it, no matter what the combination of blade and rubber is in 95% of the cases.

Please, let's stop this nonsense about matching blades and rubbers as if there is a huge science behind it.

Thanks,
NL

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And to add to what NextLevel is saying, this quote is really an excellent piece of information:

To help a player with equipment it is not just arbitrary stuff. Knowing things like how long someone has been playing, their skill at looping with FH and BH, what style of play: offensive looper, offensive drive and smash, all around, defensive, modern defender, lobber, blocker, so many details.

So, at least NextLevel is asking the right questions rather than arbitrarily saying a rubber for the blade without knowing anything at all about the OP.

Now you can listen to anyone you want but if you hear the information properly, NextLevel is on a better track to help the OP than anyone else.

I could say, "Oh, Hurricane Long V, these rubbers would be good:
DONIC Bluefire M3 YASAKA RAKZA 7 SOFT
Donic Acuda S2
Donic Baracuda
TIBHAR AURUS SOFT
STIGA CALIBRA TOUR M Medium
Maxxx 450
Tibhar Evolution EL-P
ANDRO RASANT POWERGRIP
Donic BlueFire JP03"

And all those rubbers would be fine for that racket. But would they be fine for the OP or would the blade even be fine for the OP which is probably a bigger question.

I love Tareq's enthusiasm and his desire to be friendly and help people out. But if I was trying to set up a racket that would be good for me, there is no way I would listen to anyone on this thread's opinion before NextLevel's. He actually is at a high enough level to know how equipment really works and has been playing long enough, has good enough technique and has tried enough equipment that he could give really good information here. That is why he wants to actually know the OP's level and playing style. Yeah, it is true, there are other people who could help the OP. But NextLevel is the guy asking the right questions here.

Also, someone who is at a relatively low level, even if they think they know what works well for their own game really might not. And then the advice they give might not be that great either even if their advice is simply the most well known and widely used rubber on the market.

Anyone can say what they want about what other people should use or even what is best for themselves, but most people don't really even know what would be best to use for their own game. NextLevel actually does! Giangt does too! But the best information on the thread so far is that it makes no sense to recommend rubbers for a blade without even knowing some details about the way a person actually plays and how experienced as a player the person is.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I am pretty sure that Aurus and Elips are NOT the absolute BEST rubbers for the FH & BH wing on the Kim Jung Hoon blade I use, but what the heck... Carl and NL could argue that I make them work well enough, and they were very wore out rubbers by the time they saw 'em.

Point is... get something SUITABLE and stay with it. You will get valuable touch and trust that will help you in the clutch. This is an overlooked aspect of equipment selection.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another way to look at is to keep it simple... like say use this rubber and this rubber with THAT blade (because they are suitable for the required style of play) and forget about it for months.

Another way to look at it is to come to that conclusion after evaluating many factors of performance and what the player needs, plus where they are going forward, like NL does and also shows exactly how to evaluate and correct.

Or you could be like Carl, and speak 4 paragraphs about the equipment, and relate it all to ugly goons, trap doors, and a circus elephant sitting on you legs trapping you in place while you urgently need to use the restroom to take care of a personal problem of being too full of crap. (like Der_Echte)

You could be like Dan and have companies give you the stuff for free to make fun video tests with elite amature players.

Anyway, is that Marty Reiseman beech-slapping a FH winner over there?

Gotta go check that out.

This user has no status.
Again a bogus thematical therum from Der_Echte thats holds it's own. I can't say sorry enough for asking to many users in here for advice on rubbers, just to save a dollar or two.

Just go out and get some! Let us all know what they play like. Use them on other blades, update your reviews.

You will surley cope with whatever performance the rubbers have. If not, make a note, move on.
There will be 1 in a thousand who can read them selves to "the magical and perfect rubber" for their blade. Then their preferences will change as they try new stuff.
Like evolution! (I GOT IT) ;)

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Again a bogus thematical therum from Der_Echte thats holds it's own. I can't say sorry enough for asking to many users in here for advice on rubbers, just to save a dollar or two.

Just go out and get some! Let us all know what they play like. Use them on other blades, update your reviews.

You will surley cope with whatever performance the rubbers have. If not, make a note, move on.
There will be 1 in a thousand who can read them selves to "the magical and perfect rubber" for their blade. Then their preferences will change as they try new stuff.
Like evolution! (I GOT IT) ;)
That's the talk i like .... exactli.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
More than 30 years ago my rating was equivalent to US 2000 nowadays. I used to have a rank of "Candidate to Master of Sport" in the SU times. That was the 4-th highest rank possible. Then I stopped playing t/t completely. I am quite physically fit now to practice for 3 or 4 hours. The problem is that I don't have enough time to practice at least 3 times a week. Sometimes it's once or twice a month only. Sometimes 3 times a week (in summer mostly).
I prefer to play close to the table and in the mid zone. I attack at the slightest possibility and exercise pressure on my opponent with every ball. It's mostly drive looping and smashing from FH and blocking with BH.

Last edited: