Using an iPhone to videotape TT matches

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
I've been experimenting with my iPhone 4 and its video capabilities. I'm going to use it to videotape my matches at my next tournament. It records in HD, it can record several hours of footage without running out, and - using a WiFi connection - I can upload the video directly to Youtube. Fast action doesn't seem to be a problem with the phone, as long as it's held still.

I also bought a mount which hold the phone in place while allowing me to screw it onto a tripod mount. I'll just need to make sure the battery stays charged, or I can use an extension and plug it into a wall socket and not worry about it.

Has anyone else used their iPhone for this purpose?

iphone4_1.jpg

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I've been experimenting with my iPhone 4 and its video capabilities. I'm going to use it to videotape my matches at my next tournament. It records in HD, it can record several hours of footage without running out, and - using a WiFi connection - I can upload the video directly to Youtube. Fast action doesn't seem to be a problem with the phone, as long as it's held still.

I also bought a mount which hold the phone in place while allowing me to screw it onto a tripod mount. I'll just need to make sure the battery stays charged, or I can use an extension and plug it into a wall socket and not worry about it.

Has anyone else used their iPhone for this purpose?

Hey Tricon7

I used my firends Iphone in training once for multi ball and the video quality is very good...

In your case recording matches... may take up a lot of memory and battery on the Iphone 4 but im not 100% sure. Try it out, im looking forward to your videos and how it goes. Upload the url youtube video here when you have them :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
I have a tournament in about a week. I'll upload footage from that to Youtube and get the link up (it won't be world-class play, so don't expect much!). I hope we're all pleasantly surprised with the video quality. As far as I can see, the only downside to this iPhone 4 is that it doesn't have zoom like my Sony camcorder does. So I hope I can get close enough to the match for good coverage.