How about Nittaku fastarc g1 (fh) + Hammond pro beta (bh)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I hit with Hammond Pro Beta years ago and absolutely hated it. Fast, bouncy, very little grip on the topsheet; not very good for looping backspin (for me back then anyway).

I have seen a few people use FastArc series rubbers and they seem to like them and be getting decent spin.

But, being honest, I don't know that Nittaku has been in the picture as far as rubbers are concerned since regular Hammond and Speed Glue were a top choice and that is a long time since they were truly competitive in the "market"!

At least it seems that way to me.

Sent from TheDepthsOfTartarus via TheHouseOfHades

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokain
This user has no status.
Im splited too. I got a new carbon blade and i dont know whether i put Rakza X or F-G1. I know both are very hard. RX playing just like an euro/jap rubber and g1 being a bit different.
What i can add to the post is that i already used others Fastarcs. I had F-S1& F-C1 on a carbon blade. C1 as BH is amazing, remembered a alot Adidas P3. Bit bouncy, soft, spinny on short wirst movement. S1 is alot bouncier, the feel is like rakza7. It has more speed, same as R9 i think, slightly lower throw than R7 and bit less spin. Its an off table rubber. Awesome mid-distance. I saw some pals using both G-1 and S-1 as BH as well. Its a matter of taste i guess.

I hope i helped you :) And any thoughts about RX vs F-G1 or just some more information about G1 would be very helpful :eek:

Grateful,
Raul Pacheco.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
@UpSideDownCarl wow man, that's surprising to hear. In the last couple of months I nearly went for the Beta Pro but I'm glad I didn't. Despite the lower price it wasn't worth with shipping for something I may totally hate. Plus I'm not a fan of soft sponges but people always brag how amazing this rubber is so that's why I wanted to try. It's also in the top 20 low throw rubber ratings, which could explain why returning backspin requires adjustment.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@UpSideDownCarl wow man, that's surprising to hear. In the last couple of months I nearly went for the Beta Pro but I'm glad I didn't. Despite the lower price it wasn't worth with shipping for something I may totally hate. Plus I'm not a fan of soft sponges but people always brag how amazing this rubber is so that's why I wanted to try. It's also in the top 20 low throw rubber ratings, which could explain why returning backspin requires adjustment.

Yeah. Since everyone likes different stuff it is really hard to say. It has to be at least three years ago that I tried Beta Pro. I thought I was going to love it and I hated it. To me, at the time the topsheet felt slippery. I really don't know what I would feel or think now. But it felt super low on the low throw spectrum from my memory.

But hopefully there is someone on the forum who actually uses the rubber and likes it to explain what it does well.

FYI: I really don't like the Stiga Calibra rubbers either. So it may be a related issue in what kind of rubbers work for me.

Sent from MountDoom via TheRingOfPower