Does anyone else here do speedcubing? And how fast are you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
This brings back childhood memories! I was rubbish at solving the Rubik's cube :-(

Googled "speedcubing 3x3" and it came up with this link https://uk.rubiks.com/speed-cubing that mentions "lubrication of the rubik's cube", "tensioning" and "finger tricks". I can see how this can easily appeal to some table tennis enthusiasts!

P.S.: Someone should try using "the Official Rubik’s Lube" to speed-glue a TT rubber ....

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Nice! I have a cousin that can solve it in 30-40 seconds (not sure about average)
I tried once to learn solving it, then I quit, now recently I started again, though I have yet to learn the last layer
(I have everything from the cross-2 layers thereafter in my head) but I'm slow + I need the last layer, I mean, I can follow the tutorial, but I can't do it on auto. I hated my current cube for being so annoying lol, so I got myself a Dayan Guhong, which I recived just a few days ago.

I have seen some videoes of speedcubing tricks (finger tricks etc), but, I think I first have to focus on learning to solve it lol...
# Best tutorial for starting up ->

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
K, update, I can do it just below 3 min with beginners method now. Not impressive really, but I can probably speed it up another half min - min with practice at same method. Though I'l atempt to learn that Friedrich method, firstly the F2L simultaneously one. (Since Zhemdengs and top speed cubers uses it has to be guid, hueheue).

You use that one too ya?