PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Team - Bat pictures!

Pages : [1] 2

Dan
07-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Have you ever wondered what the professional players bats look like, and what are they using?. Well your in luck as the pictures here are taken from the raquet control from the China Open 2011 just a couple of weeks ago. Check out all the best players bats in the world including, Ma long, Zhang Jike, Ma Lin, Wang hao, Guo Yue and plenty more.

--- Leave your comments on what you think of them ---

Ma Long's Blade and Rubbers

Bat in July 2011:

Forehand Rubber - DHS Skyline III

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat2.jpg

Backhand Rubber - Butterfly Tenergy 05

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat6.jpg

Bat during the WTTTC 2012:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/malongten64bh.jpg

Zhang Jike (CHINA), FH: DHS Hurricane III

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat3.jpg

Zhang Jike (CHINA), BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat16.jpg

Dan
07-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Ma Lin (CHINA), FH: DHS Skyline II

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat4.jpg

Ma Lin (CHINA), BH: Butterfly Bryce Speed FX

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat12.jpg

Wang Hao (CHINA), FH: DHS Skyline III

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat10.jpg

Wang Hao (CHINA), BH: Butterfly Sriver D-13 L

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat11.jpg

Dan
07-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Wang Liqin (CHINA), FH: DHS Hurricane III

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat5.jpg

Wang Liqin (CHINA), BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat17.jpg

Guo Yue (CHINA), FH: Tibhar Grip-S

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat9.jpg

Guo Yue (CHN), BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat7.jpg

Dan
07-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Liu Shiwen (CHINA), FH: Tibhar Grip-S

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat14.jpg

Liu Shiwen (CHINA), BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat13.jpg

Wen Jia (CHINA), FH: DHS Hurricane III

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat8.jpg

Wen Jia (CHINA), BH: Donic Baracuda

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat15.jpg

Dan
07-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Feng Tianwei (SIN), FH: DHS Hurricane III

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat1.jpg

Feng Tianwei (SIN), BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat18.jpg

MaLinAkAKilly
07-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Haha Wang Hao in backhand with sriver :p

GianniiD
07-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Nice :D
How do you get these pictures ??

DKPOWA
07-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Lovely pictures, all brand new rubbers, tight :D

Mattis
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
nice to see what rubbers they use. alot of them have dhs skyline or hurricane. never played with this. i think i'll test it soon :-)

chughtai
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
all the chinese team uses dhs hurricane ok i will to lolz

PongPing
07-05-2011, 05:43 PM
One thing I have noticed is their BH rubbers. Majority of them uses Tenergy.. What about the European players, can you please post as well?

nightwolf34
07-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Exelent Dan thank you for these pics, Wonder where is the photo of Xu xin bat xD, exelent post

wischegg
07-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Excelent post. Good work Dan. Please post more photos with other bats ...

azlan
07-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Dan dude, I have no idea how you got these pics, and I ain't gonna ask. I have only one thing to say...YOU THE BOMB!! Nice one mate! Cheers...

kiwiNCFC
07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
A lot of them are using DHS Hurricane 3. I might buy a sheet and see what its like!

WiWa
07-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Haha some of their blades look really cheap like WLQ's. I bet it is not but they look like that xD. Cool post! DHS on FH, Butterfly on BH seems the most common setup for these guys. Would that mean Butterfly rubbers are a little slower in general than DHS?

Reiin
07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Nice :D
How do you get these pictures ??

I don't think it's actually "their" blades, but someone who knows what the they're playing with and then replicated it.

azlan
07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
A lot of them are using DHS Hurricane 3. I might buy a sheet and see what its like!

All of them are using the blue sponged hurricane3, not the ones that you get from your suppliers. I got mine from China, and they don't sell it off the rack. Do a bit of scouting and hunting, and you just may get them.

Reiin
07-05-2011, 08:34 PM
To the ones who wants to try these out: they are extremely difficult to play with, they are slow in the slow game and only when you really hit the ball hard there will be speed in the rubber. I don't recommend these rubbers for anyone. If you played these from the start of your "career" you can manage or else it will take a lot of time to get adjusted to! I played them for a while and anyone can play them but they wont get any out of them if they are not high level players. And if you have a "euro-style"-loop (little bit of bended arm and use of elbow), you will have to get used to use your full arm and underarm pretty much stretched with A LOT of strenght and speed. Check out how Maze and Boll is looping vs. Ma Long and Wang Liqin.

Dan
07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't think it's actually "their" blades, but someone who knows what the they're playing with and then replicated it.

Hey Relin :)

I got them from TTProvider, they are the official bats that the players used in the China Open 2011. You can tell the high quality of the rubbers and blades. You can see the air bubbles in the blades... look fast :P

Tinykin
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Anyone notice that the shakehand blades all have flared handles?

Dan
07-05-2011, 09:00 PM

Yeah I noticed that to!... mine is flared! Im moving in the right direction :)

Reiin
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Hey Reiin :)

I got them from TTProvider, they are the official bats that the players used in the China Open 2011. You can tell the high quality of the rubbers and blades. You can see the air bubbles in the blades... look fast :P

It's right they're real. Forgot about that, the real photos is from this thred of an chinese forum http://www.guott.com/tt/dispbbs.asp?boardid=69&Id=417794

A user called atv from mytabletennis.net also posted them in a thread there.

Reiin
07-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Aaargh, was just about to post that @Tinykin :D

Justchill
07-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice, but I also don't think these pics are real...

Wang Hao with sriver in the B/h ?

lgreggs
07-05-2011, 09:06 PM
These pics are awesome. Keep it up Dan!

Any more pics?

Bensmithbortey
07-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Ma long actually uses Hurricane 3 National Version on his FH in black.

I asked to have a look at his bat at English Open.

Reiin
07-05-2011, 09:18 PM

He changed - they do it all the time but the most of the time he has been playing with Skyline

Dan
07-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Yeah that's true, but he has changed since then... these pictures are taken from the recent China Open

Charlie
07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
amazing pictures nice post dan!

WiWa
07-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Nice, but I also don't think these pics are real...

Wang Hao with sriver in the B/h ?

Sriver on BH seems very possible considering most of WH's BH loops and flicks are extremely spinny and relatively slow compared to other backhands. Of course there are not many penhold backhands to compare :P But I believe those are real, why would it be not possible to take a picture of them while they are being checked by the umpires.

TT Guru
07-06-2011, 01:00 AM
lol, Wang Liqin and Feng Tianwei have identical bats :P

UpSideDownCarl
07-06-2011, 01:34 AM
These are great photos. Thanks Dan, once again. Excellent info. A picture is worth a thousand words. Funny, I just recently switched to Skyline III on my forehand not knowing that Ma Long and Ma Lin Wang were using that rubber. I thought they were using Hurricane III. Wang Hao, I think has been using it for a while. I had used Skyline about a year ago and really liked it so I decided to try it out for my forehand as something less expensive than Tenergy. It is a little hard to get used to it after Tenergy. I think, Tenergy is more versatile and has more control but it is good and I still need to get used to it. The guy who runs the club I play at in NY goes to China a few times a year and gets rubbers straight from DHS so he gets the good stuff rather than what you would get if you ordered it from a distributor. But it still needs to be boosted to stand next to Tenergy. :)

There is a real difference playing with a hard, tacky rubber rather than Tenergy but it is pretty decent for the forehand. Who knows, if I play with it long enough I will see if it works for me. Thanks again Dan, for the great photos.

RIPPER
07-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Intereseting how ma lin uses bryce speed fx, as far as i am aware all of the chinese national team players use nittakui glue (atleast 3 layers). however alot of the rest of the chinese players (that are not well known) will use dhs (double happiness glue).

azlan
07-06-2011, 05:35 AM
I definitely think they're the genuine article. No doubt about it.

Rhydian
07-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Wow! Nice thread Dan! Thanks for the information and the pictures!!
Amazing ^^
The most of them use Tenergy ^^ and then DHS Skyline or Hurricane ^^

zhong97
07-06-2011, 08:12 AM
ugh since when did ma long use skyline and 05. i just can't belive it

shogun
07-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Great pictures! At least we now know what they are using. The rubbers are mostly, H3/S3 on forehand and Tenergy on backhand.

ttaus3
07-06-2011, 06:21 PM
its interesting to note how many of them use tenergy 05 on their bhs and hurricane III on their fhs!!

zhong97
07-07-2011, 07:04 AM
do anyone know if the skyline rubber ma long used is neo or not.

olvarox
07-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I want Ma Long's bat!

Has anyone got an idea what the players do with their bats/rubbers after a single match/tournament?
Do they replace it immediately when they chip their wood/rubber?
Please don't tell me they just throw it into the bin?

What would thus be the odds one could obtain Timo Boll's rubbers after a match?

azlan
07-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Maybe the juniors will get them...through the coach

MrRothhaendle
07-07-2011, 01:06 PM
When the player speedglued, some used to throw their rubbers in the crowd after the match.
But now I think they use the rubbers more often, because the rubber endurance is longer.

Rhydian
07-07-2011, 01:09 PM
I want Ma Long's bat!

Has anyone got an idea what the players do with their bats/rubbers after a single match/tournament?

If I was there, I'd jump into the bin and take everything and run away! :D

WiWa
07-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Don't they have to give their bats to the umpires after the match now? Or is that only sometimes. That would mean if u throw ur bat into the audience after u win a match u get disqualified and lose the match :P Ur opponent might be so happy that he throws his bat in the audience :D

eps0n
07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
To the ones who wants to try these out: they are extremely difficult to play with, they are slow in the slow game and only when you really hit the ball hard there will be speed in the rubber. I don't recommend these rubbers for anyone. If you played these from the start of your "career" you can manage or else it will take a lot of time to get adjusted to! I played them for a while and anyone can play them but they wont get any out of them if they are not high level players. And if you have a "euro-style"-loop (little bit of bended arm and use of elbow), you will have to get used to use your full arm and underarm pretty much stretched with A LOT of strenght and speed. Check out how Maze and Boll is looping vs. Ma Long and Wang Liqin.

Totally agree. this rubbers ( DHS rubbers, like hurricane 3 Blue Sponge ) are extremely hard to use, a lot of skill is needed .

sry for my bad english, i like this forum a lot :D.

UpSideDownCarl
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
If you boost Hurricane and Skyline they are great. They do take getting used to. I know, it is against the rules of competitions to boost. But all the guys using DHS rubbers are boosting. All the top players are boosting in one way or another. I am pretty sure they are. All those rubbers look boosted. Don't they?

And they all look brand new except for Wang Hao's Sriver. It looks like it has been through a little bit. You can even see where he puts his fingers on the rubber.

UpSideDownCarl
07-08-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't think they throw their bats away though. I think the keep them for a while. Bats are too inconsistent. If you got 5 Butterfly Timo Boll ALC blades, they might all be good, but they would all be a little different than the others. Even though they have carbon which is very consistent, the wood they use is all a little different. So changing bats after each tournament would cause them to need to get used to a new setup and the difference would be a lot more than just changing rubbers. This would be more the case with bats that are all wood (no carbon).

If you look at the backhand side of Ma Long's blade you can see it has been used for a while; Jike's as well; in fact they all look like they have been used for at least a few weeks. The two that look the newest to me are Wang Liqin's and Feng Tianwei's. And that might be the rosewood since they are both the same blade.

On several of the blades, particularly Wang Liqin's you can see excess glue below the bottom edge of the rubber. :)

Reiin
07-08-2011, 06:10 AM
I want Ma Long's bat!

They give them away in charities nowadays. Michael Maze just have some of his stuff away to some youngsters at a Danish club :)

Bryce
07-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Ma long changed from dhs hurricane 3 neo to skyline 3 neo... Whats the difference between skyline3 and h3neo?

Bryce
07-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Whats the diff between skyline3 and h3 neo?

YosuaYosan
07-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Woah sweet pics :D
Wang Hao uses Sriver, no wonder he go a great control haha..

MildSeven
07-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for these pictures. Its nice to have up to date and self explanatory photos.

ddee22
07-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Great post. Never thought I would be able to actually see the pictures of their bats. Prized information.
thanks for sharing.:)

scylla24
07-10-2011, 01:34 PM

no, at least from Dan's description, it seems like they are the actual ones. Since they were taken from the control room at the China open 2011.

scylla24
07-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Man, it would be awesome to get Ma Long or Zhang Jike's paddle, since I play shakehand. That way, afterwards, you can never use the excuse of, oh well I don't have good equipment haha.

That way you can focus solely on your training with the knowledge that you have some of the best stuff.

UpSideDownCarl
07-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Ma long changed from dhs hurricane 3 neo to skyline 3 neo... Whats the difference between skyline3 and h3neo?

I think the Skyline sponge is a little softer and springier. I think the topsheet is a little tackier. I am not 100% sure this is right the Neo versions, but that is the difference between regular versions of Skyline and Hurricane. They both are pretty good rubber once you are used to them though. They last a really long time, they have many gears; good for control, in slow game they are slow, good for a lot of spin, serves, pushes and loops can be VERY spinny; and when you take a full swing the sponge kicks in and the ball flies. All in all, I feel like Tenergy is a little better but they are very different types of rubber, so the technique you use with each is a little different. Worth trying, taking the time to get used to and then seeing how you feel about them after a few weeks.

Also, they are not that expensive, but they are better for forehand than backhand. A lot of the times when the Chinese players (who use one of these on their forehands) are smashing, they twiddle their paddles and switch to the Tenergy side (red, backhand rubber).

azlan
07-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Out of curiousity, does this mean that neo's have blue sponge? Because as I noticed, most chinese players are using DHS with blue sponge. And also, is it true that the chinese national team have a 6-side uncut rubber?

Sovetbek
07-25-2011, 03:20 AM
Thanks DAN for the picture!!! I want to ask you about Ma long blades is it true what he uses for his FH skyline 3?

JustAlt
07-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Out of curiousity, does this mean that neo's have blue sponge? Because as I noticed, most chinese players are using DHS with blue sponge. And also, is it true that the chinese national team have a 6-side uncut rubber?

No is the answer to both. Only the national and provincial team's Neos have a blue sponge, commercials come with a orange one.
National DHS rubbers have four edges, provincial version is six-sided.

niko
07-30-2011, 09:24 AM
cool I've always wanted to know what racket ma long use

Dan
07-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks DAN for the picture!!! I want to ask you about Ma long blades is it true what he uses for his FH skyline 3?

Yeah its true, he now uses skyline 3. He use to use the National Hurricane 3 but has now changed to skyline 3.

no, at least from Dan's description, it seems like they are the actual ones. Since they were taken from the control room at the China open 2011.

Yeah these are 100% real photos from the control room at the China Open

ziggy
07-31-2011, 08:20 PM
yeah I noticed that, maybe they see Tenergy's strength in short BH strokes, more expansive forehands with the Hurricane III

JustAlt
08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
I guess Wang Hao is using Ma Lin Extra Offensive with Hurricane Hao handle. The top ply looks the same as Ma Lin's, as well as the shape of the blade.
Or can you think of any other options? It's definately not Hurricane Hao.

wilfred888
08-11-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm surprised by the lack of XIOM rubbers.. and they all seem to have a tendency of butterfly rubbers

comeglan
08-13-2011, 01:13 AM
COol pics!! Their cuts are so clean! Do you have any pics of the Euro players stuff?

Dan
08-13-2011, 12:08 PM
COol pics!! Their cuts are so clean! Do you have any pics of the Euro players stuff?

Hey Nick, no sorry these are the only pictures we could get for now. I hope Europe rubbers will come along :)

tayyabsaeedkhan
08-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Great Paddles :)
I am amazed to see Ma long with skyline and T05

tayyabsaeedkhan
08-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Wen Jia is using Donic blade and Barracuda.
I was expecting her to use some chineese styled setup :)

TTOski
08-14-2011, 09:57 PM
What's happening about Wang Hao using the sriver? I used that sriver rubbers on my first real table tennis bat. I know that they're using slow rubbers with a lot of spin, but that rubber??

Anders
08-14-2011, 10:35 PM
What's happening about Wang Hao using the sriver? I used that sriver rubbers on my first real table tennis bat. I know that they're using slow rubbers with a lot of spin, but that rubber??

@TTOski: Because they're boosting like there is no tomorrow, they can use slow rubbers with lots of spin. When they boost a rubber with good spin and control, it becomes an insane speed machine with nice control + good spin :)

janus
08-15-2011, 01:59 PM
THANK YOU Very Much Dan!!! (and of course TTProvider!)

GREAT POST!!!

--J.

moriguchi2
08-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Dont think these players actually like playing with these rubbers and blades. All top players are payed to play with certain blades and rubber.

UpSideDownCarl
08-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Dont think these players actually like playing with these rubbers and blades. All top players are payed to play with certain blades and rubber.

Sometimes sponsorships do work like this. But sometimes they do not. Some players get a sponsorship and then sort of are playing with that product because they are sponsored by the company rather than because they want to. But sometimes sponsorship works differently. When a player is so good, so well know, such a marketable commodity, sometimes they just play with exactly what they want and go to the companies and say, "sponsor me" and get the sponsorship. I think part of the DHS thing for the Chinese players might have to do with obligation and nationalism, but I do not think they would be using them if they did not like them. As players they are too good to use something they really don't like. I have no doubt that Jike is just using exactly what he likes. :) I cannot see him using something because of some company or contract, or following those kinds of rules.

I know there are stories about things like Wang Hao using a particular Stiga blade with a DHS handle. I have also heard stuff like that they can get something like Tenergy with a DHS lable on it. And perhaps the older guys, sponsorship went to companies they did not 100% want. But I do think Jike and Long are using what they want. I think Wang Liqin is now as well.

There have been players caught by their sponsors using Tenergy. So I doubt that anyone is using Tenergy because they have too and don't like it.

And those DHS rubbers are amazing for looping with the forehand.

moriguchi2
08-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Sometimes sponsorships do work like this. But sometimes they do not. Some players get a sponsorship and then sort of are playing with that product because they are sponsored by the company rather than because they want to. But sometimes sponsorship works differently. When a player is so good, so well know, such a marketable commodity, sometimes they just play with exactly what they want and go to the companies and say, "sponsor me" and get the sponsorship. I think part of the DHS thing for the Chinese players might have to do with obligation and nationalism, but I do not think they would be using them if they did not like them. As players they are too good to use something they really don't like. I have no doubt that Jike is just using exactly what he likes. :) I cannot see him using something because of some company or contract, or following those kinds of rules.

I know there are stories about things like Wang Hao using a particular Stiga blade with a DHS handle. I have also heard stuff like that they can get something like Tenergy with a DHS lable on it. And perhaps the older guys, sponsorship went to companies they did not 100% want. But I do think Jike and Long are using what they want. I think Wang Liqin is now as well.

There have been players caught by their sponsors using Tenergy. So I doubt that anyone is using Tenergy because they have too and don't like it.

And those DHS rubbers are amazing for looping with the forehand.

I see but how would you get money to eat and pay for bills and trips when you have small contract sponsorships. Players go with the best sponsorship to get the best pay and therefore have to use certain rubbers, blades, apparel and so forth.

Bai
08-16-2011, 07:46 AM
In fact the professional players bats are not as normal as the market edtion,the manufacturer(DHS STIGA BUTTERFLY.ETC) offer a special weapon(blade rubber) supply to the professional players.
so we would not buy it from the market,even thougy they have a same face.

JustAlt
08-16-2011, 08:00 AM
I see but how would you get money to eat and pay for bills and trips when you have small contract sponsorships. Players go with the best sponsorship to get the best pay and therefore have to use certain rubbers, blades, apparel and so forth.

That may be true with players that are not in the top of the world.
But for example Chen Qi is sponsored by Killerspin but never uses Killerspin equipment except maybe a shirt in a Killerspin tournament.

UpSideDownCarl
08-16-2011, 12:26 PM
I think the top players do not have to worry too much about money. In that interview with the Chinese team Ma Lin said he did not like collecting and then he said, he liked collecting houses. :)

UpSideDownCarl
08-16-2011, 03:48 PM
In fact the professional players bats are not as normal as the market edtion,the manufacturer(DHS STIGA BUTTERFLY.ETC) offer a special weapon(blade rubber) supply to the professional players.
so we would not buy it from the market,even thougy they have a same face.

That is what I have heard as well. I have heard that they get the best stuff but they also get their stuff custom made and prepared for them. And if you look at those rubbers, they look juiced to me. :)

veloce150
08-17-2011, 08:02 PM
is it true about all this blade...can they give their blade to be capture...actually i,ve seen wang hao...blade that he did not use hurricane hao...that have at the store...today i,ve seen it through ittv video...the grip is diffrent it doesnt have a tag that show wang hao face at the back i guest..
and bottom of the grip...but the rubber its pretty quite same as been show above..
and ma lin he really use the yasaka ma lin carbon but dont now which one..

SimonDK
08-18-2011, 01:28 PM
All the good players from the chinese national team have special m ade equipment, they measure the hand and make a handle that fits, the feet are measured, and shoes made with their name on it. And now all of the players play with the rubber they want to play. but make no mistake, have you ever tried playing in moist conditions with your normal rubber and then with Hurricane 3? even in very moist conditions it grips the ball perfectly. They play DHS national team rubbers because they are the best FH rubber. Allthough i dont understand why they all play flared handles, but i guess someone could explain that? my Chinese friend couldnt.

Tennisfan
08-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Geat pics Dan, Just one question can you get any info on the thickness of sponge these players use?

pingpongnz
09-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Nice, Neat huh? Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

mirror
10-08-2011, 01:23 PM
nice pictures!
But i think they use the Hurricane III NEO and not the normal Hurricane III

Mr. RicharD
10-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Hey mirror they use the H3 Neo topsheet as it has the same Ittf number, but they use the DHS Blue sponge. I'm not sure which one though. It's a great rubber regardless. I love H3 Neo even with the orange sponge. I'm sure the blue sponge is much better, but until it's available commercially it'll have to do.

btw I've seen the purple sponge that the Grip-S used by Liu Shiwen at the Swedish Open. Purple must be the color for professionals? Anyone know the difference?

Bensmithbortey
10-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Mr. RicharD

this is the Grip-S used by Liu Shiwen

http://ttnpp.com/shop/tibhar-grips-tuned-p-513.html

WiWa
10-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Mr. RicharD

The rubbers on their site are very very cheap for 'Chinese pro rubbers'. U ever bought something there? Was it real? xD

lucas_melo_css
10-26-2011, 12:55 AM
man, this site is too cheap :cool:

chalo_sterling
10-26-2011, 01:24 AM
excellent post!!! the sorprise: wang liqin now use hurricane neo 3??? what happen with hurricane neo 2?...

ma long, ma lin and wang hao don't use the skyline neo series?? maybe is a national version of old skyline series??

qamai ali
10-26-2011, 02:08 AM
لك الشكر يا سيد ( دان ) على المعلومات المفيدة ولكن يا حبذا لو أضفت أسماء المضارب ,ارجو المعذرة لأني لا أجيد اللغة الانجليزية

azlan
10-26-2011, 06:41 AM
لك الشكر يا سيد ( دان ) على المعلومات المفيدة ولكن يا حبذا لو أضفت أسماء المضارب ,ارجو المعذرة لأني لا أجيد اللغة الانجليزية

Anybody read arabic? :D

the_M
10-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Mr. RicharD

Great Link.

Anybody ever ordered stuff there and does the shipping to europe work? Contract form on the site seems to be offline at the moment?
Really would like to test some of the pretuned stuff they have

Bensmithbortey
10-26-2011, 12:03 PM

I have bought of this website its very reliable and cheap. The also ship to europe which take 1-2 weeks.

The rubbers are real.

This is where I bought my Haifu Blue Whale III 3 Factory Tuned, Haifu Blue Whale II Factory Tuned Vacuum-Packed (Whale Power) and Haifu Blue Whale II Factory Tuned UPGRADE Vacuum- Packed

sugengz
10-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Looking forward to see the update of Ma Long's set up.

UpSideDownCarl
10-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Looking forward to see the update of Ma Long's set up.

There is a thread called Ma Long New Setup or something like that where they show that he is using a blade with a DHS handle.

Scorpnox
10-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Does anyone knows with what blade Chen Qi plays? He is my favorite player but it seems he changes a lot of equipement...

Bensmithbortey
10-29-2011, 11:19 AM
chen qi use michael maze, Tenergy 05 on the BH and Hurricane 3 Blue sponge for FH

Scorpnox
10-29-2011, 11:27 AM
chen qi use michael maze, Tenergy 05 on the BH and Hurricane 3 Blue sponge for FH
But should i buy a michael maze blade, because normal people don't have acces to blue sponges?
Some people say that blade is not that fast...

Bensmithbortey
10-29-2011, 11:35 AM
you could buy the Micael Maze OFF. Here is a website where you can get the blue sponge

http://ttnpp.com/shop/

The blade is good for hard hitters who need control

Scorpnox
10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
I am a looper, especially with a lot of spin, is it a good choice or should i buy an other blade?
I ask these questions because i want to improve my game and I want to buy a new blade...

dvlferdz
11-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Nice one! Always thought the tenergy was more for FH, wonder why the CHN players use it for BH?

Justchill
11-07-2011, 07:33 AM
I am a looper, especially with a lot of spin, is it a good choice or should i buy an other blade?
I ask these questions because i want to improve my game and I want to buy a new blade...

scorpnox, which team you play and what ranking do you have?

Scorpnox
11-07-2011, 03:05 PM
scorpnox, which team you play and what ranking do you have?

I play in a very small club and I am not ranked so high... But my rank is going up fast
we propably have other ranks than other countries

yurybarquero
11-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the pics they are awesome... I just bougt 2 TG3, 2 H3 and 1 Pg7.One of this rubbers is for my little brother and the other ones are for me. The idea is to try ma longs blade. Therefore i will tune those rubbers to soften the sponge. I bought the H3s just to see which one I like the most. Now on my backhand I will try the roundell that I have been using in my forehand. I am pretty good with my backhand so I am pretty sure I can adjust to any rubber. But I just happened to see this page http://ttnpp.com/shop/where I saw that the TO 5 was $67 and the other butterfly rubbers were cheaper as well. I am kind of sceptical with this page. Has any one bought the Tenergy O5 and can guarantee that it is not the fake one...??? if it is true i might get either T05 or T64

Team Tackyfire
11-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Great post dan

nettcoach
12-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi,

does anyone know if the chinese players have upgraded their dhs rubbers to neo versions of hurricane and skyline?
or are they sticking with the standard hurricane 3 / skyline 3.
because i was fancying trying skyline 3 neo for my forehand...

Alex

Scorpnox
12-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi,

does anyone know if the chinese players have upgraded their dhs rubbers to neo versions of hurricane and skyline?
or are they sticking with the standard hurricane 3 / skyline 3.
because i was fancying trying skyline 3 neo for my forehand...

Alex

Chen Qi plays with the Neo version I think

Ash
12-15-2011, 12:10 PM
This is an amazing post! I recently went to the ITTF pro tour finals and also saw signature Ma long and Zhang jike blades.......I wonder if any of these two are going to move to that blade!

dingyibvs
12-18-2011, 08:46 AM
CNT player use Tenergies on the BH because they're bouncier and provide better speed more compact strokes. The H3/TG3 need larger strokes and a lot of power to reach similar speed levels as the Tenergies, but they provide better control in the service/return game, so they're used on the FH.

Gonzalospain
12-19-2011, 07:05 PM
most of them use dhs and butterfly tenergy rubber, seems a good combination, What do you thing about an hexer HD(forehand) and Hexer PowerSponge(backhand) in 1.9? tell me something because i'm wondering to take that change.

RyuSMin
12-29-2011, 01:21 PM
there you can see that chinese players boost. wang hao never plays a normal sriver ... ;D

RIPPER
12-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Luckily enough it is their real blades, pretty cool huh?

LegendenSBG
01-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Very nice to see their blades and rubbers, thankx for that

judah000
01-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Hi Dan what are AIR BUBBLES????

Brink
01-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Hey All

The DHS Hurricane 3 neo, witch many of them are using in there forehand is special made for the Chinese National team. You can know it by the blue sponge. The ones you can buy in the stores it not at all like this one. Playing with it requires a lot of skill. Instead of wasting a lot of money on this rubber i highly recommend to play with a soft rubber in the forehand. This will help you gain more control of the ball and it really will make you be able to loop with more spin and control.

Mr. RicharD
01-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Actually the best rubbers have medium to hard sponge and a hard topsheet. They help you feel the ball much better than rubbers with softer sponges and softer topsheets. Rubbers with medium topsheets and soft sponges have really good control, but the DHS rubbers are great rubbers regardless of commercial, provincial or National. I have National Blue sponge H3 and Sky 3 and they play amazingly, but the thing about these rubbers is that they are WAY more consistent than the commercial or provincial versions. Commercial is still the best bang for your buck if you rely on technique and footwork rather than habitual play.

judah000
01-21-2012, 06:41 AM
What do they do in a racket control?

azlan
01-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Quite a lot actually Judah. They check what kind of glue you're using, whether the rubbers are not tempered with, especially the pips, whether they're glued properly, they're all legal rubbers (there're a whole lists of banned rubbers), they measure the thickness and weight of the equipments too.

Axamax
01-21-2012, 08:24 AM
What do they do in a racket control?
I volunteered for racket control once in one of the ittf junior circuits. We had a list of all the approved racket coverings to make sure they were using a legal rubber, and then we had to check if the rubber extended over the limits of the blade. The man doing racket control usually did this. There are other things he needed to check too. Next we used a Mini-RAE Lite machine to test for VOC's. The machine costs over US$2000. It has a metal cup which you place over each rubber for 20 seconds. The problem was the room we were in was very humid, and there were so many rackets coming in and out. We would always have to start the test when the reading was over 2.0 ppm (We would take difference from the start reading to the end reading) and whenever it went over 3.0 ppm the machine would start beeping. They told us to close the door because the beeping was distracting the players, which made the room even more hot, and the beeping was bouncing off the walls and driving us crazy! Then we had a device to test the rubber thickness (under 4.0 mm) and the rubbers could not be too concave or convex. The worst part was that players kept showing up right before their match starts when they were supposed to show up 20 minutes before, and we have to check 20 rackets in 5 minutes! And for every racket we had to write a report of what rubber they were using, the ppm reading, the thickness of the rubber, etc...we had to use paper bags to deliver the rackets to the umpires.

azlan
01-21-2012, 09:45 AM
There you go Judah...now that's a detailed description. Thanx Axamax, that was very enlightening..
:)

judah000
01-22-2012, 11:30 AM
WOW!!!what a complicated sport table tennis is

Axamax
01-23-2012, 01:23 AM
WOW!!!what a complicated sport table tennis is
yup. I find it's really unnecessary to send every report to ittf, especially since sometimes we checked the same racket 5 times!! and there were a million other forms the racket control guy had to fill out and send. It's too much work imo, but being an Olympic sport, i guess that's the way it is :)

sidthelefty
02-01-2012, 04:21 PM
anyone knows which flared handle the stiga blades are? i kno theres the legend and the master :/

TTFrenzy
02-07-2012, 01:24 PM
hmm interesting topic . I want to share my opionion about DHS H3 and skyline rubbers compared to euro rubbers . First of all playing TT and practicing to get better everyone agrees that u must improve your technique not your equipment , personally i believe that equipment is only 10 % of the game 90 % is just practicing and getting better better through time . My point is that if your finishing FH topspin is very fast and powerfull then with a better rubber it will get even faster , but u will lose control in blocking and short playing . I dont believe that chinese rubbers require lots of skills to play with its just that comparing to euro rubbers they are slow but they give tons of spin . The reason that top chinese players will never play a chinese rubber on their BH is that BH technique at their level is to play counter BH rallies and blocking , how many times have you seen chinese players to hold for 3-4 sec a diagonal BH fast topspin rally (thats right ! never !) but in FH bcoz FH uses whole body motion (waist shoulder wrist feet etc) its much easier to hold a fast FH topspin rally . So there it is , in FH u need spinny rubber in order to have good services and service returns and a good spinny topspin but in BH u need a euro rubber with speed and control (control + speed are opposites so actually the combination of euro rubber and blade that gives the perfect speed+control result) and as much spin as possible ->

yang_fan
02-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty sure the Chinese have changed their setups. At least for sure malong has changed his blade. I think he also swapped to h3 blue sponge, like Zhang jike uses.

Mysttable
02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks for that! Good work!

Bishop Rasta 27
03-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the pics, i've been wondering for so long what equipments do these champions use and lo here it is...most have something in common, they use black for FH and mostly DHS, while BH is red and butterfly...no wonder they're so expensive...

i'm out of the sport for quite long, what's new with ITTF rules regarding what color be used for FH.?is there?

ttmedari
03-10-2012, 12:25 PM
i am still searching Xu Xin's equipment photos

Bishop Rasta 27
03-12-2012, 12:55 AM
anybody who knows what they are playing with this 2012 championships?

Dan
03-13-2012, 12:06 AM
anybody who knows what they are playing with this 2012 championships?

Its probably quite similar however Ma Long has changed his blade and I think forehand rubber. Perhaps after the WTTTC 2012 we could do a review on what the Chinese players are now using by looking at the footage after the championships :)

TTPlayer
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
I can't wait to see if who changed their equipment for this 2012 championship.

Sir Dan, Nice post... :)

UpSideDownCarl
03-17-2012, 10:51 AM
yep, and these photos were from one of the last, if not the last tournament Ma Long used with the Butterfly blade.

ars
03-20-2012, 09:07 PM
hmm interesting topic . I want to share my opionion about DHS H3 and skyline rubbers compared to euro rubbers . First of all playing TT and practicing to get better everyone agrees that u must improve your technique not your equipment , personally i believe that equipment is only 10 % of the game 90 % is just practicing and getting better better through time . My point is that if your finishing FH topspin is very fast and powerfull then with a better rubber it will get even faster , but u will lose control in blocking and short playing . I dont believe that chinese rubbers require lots of skills to play with its just that comparing to euro rubbers they are slow but they give tons of spin . The reason that top chinese players will never play a chinese rubber on their BH is that BH technique at their level is to play counter BH rallies and blocking , how many times have you seen chinese players to hold for 3-4 sec a diagonal BH fast topspin rally (thats right ! never !) but in FH bcoz FH uses whole body motion (waist shoulder wrist feet etc) its much easier to hold a fast FH topspin rally . So there it is , in FH u need spinny rubber in order to have good services and service returns and a good spinny topspin but in BH u need a euro rubber with speed and control (control + speed are opposites so actually the combination of euro rubber and blade that gives the perfect speed+control result) and as much spin as possible ->
i agree FH complete spin and attack and BH blocking and counter rallies

Dan
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Xu Xin's racquet from the World Team Championships 2012!

JustAlt
03-25-2012, 04:06 PM

Wow he's got personal style of sanding the blade :O

Anders123
03-25-2012, 04:51 PM

I believe thats the Skyline, right? :)

JustAlt
03-26-2012, 08:53 AM
I believe thats the Skyline, right? :)

So it seems.

kamalmasrun
04-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Xu Xin uses stiga rubber on his RPB, right?

JustAlt
04-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Xu Xin uses stiga rubber on his RPB, right?

Not sure, probably Stiga's calibra, boost or some sort of tenergy from Butterfly.
Or something else or something that no-one has ever heard of.

ducksick
04-10-2012, 02:57 AM
If not mistaken, T64 for Xu Xin RPB.

judah000
04-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Wow, I am so sure it is a skyline, but not sure whether 2 or 3

UpSideDownCarl
04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Wow he's got personal style of sanding the blade :O

I think a lot of penholders do that. I actually like to sand the wings down a little. It makes the blade feel better to me. I play shakehand but I still like to do it because it really feels good to have the wings sanded to the shape of your hand.

JustAlt
04-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I think a lot of penholders do that. I actually like to sand the wings down a little. It makes the blade feel better to me. I play shakehand but I still like to do it because it really feels good to have the wings sanded to the shape of your hand.

I know a lot of penholders do that, so do I. I meant the way that he has done it differs from other players. For example Ma Lin and Wang Hao sand their blades so that the places for forefinger and thumb look curvy. Xu Xin instead has sanded it like a straight line from the handle to higher up on the blade. I think it might be because he has got longer fingers and this way he gets more freedom and comfort especially for his forefinger.

yurybarquero
04-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Wow, I am so sure it is a skyline, but not sure whether 2 or 3

Checking other pictures and messing with the colors with a software I would say that it is Skyline III

mohammad taji
04-12-2012, 08:52 AM
hello to all member in this site and have a nice day

judah000
04-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Well, it kinnda seem pointless try copying their rubbers, because they get their rubber specially manufactured for them which is not for sale to us.
And it is very obvious that their rubber is much more nice than the commercial once or even the commercial ones.

But I do not know if Feng tianwei's rubber is specially manufactured for her.

Does someone of else where know if her Hurricane is specially manufactured for her or she just bought it in the market?

Giangt
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Found this pic of Ma Longs BH-rubber from the WTTTC in Dortmund. Seems like he is playing with Tenergy 64 now :)

ptnk_triz
04-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Found this pic of Ma Longs BH-rubber from the WTTTC in Dortmund. Seems like he is playing with Tenergy 64 now :)

We change again :)

ars
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
they change it again in London

XuXin88
05-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Very nice pictures! It's nice to see how Penhold players leave different space for their fingers, such as Wang Hao or Ma Lin.

barca
05-04-2012, 05:16 PM
nice to see what rubbers they use. alot of them have dhs skyline or hurricane. never played with this. i think i'll test it soon :-)

Me too. I might just testing these rubbers..

Dan
05-04-2012, 05:20 PM

Thanks for this picture Giangt! :)

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/malongten64bh.jpg

firdausnazeri
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Ma Long using DHS PG7 blade?

safa
05-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Ma Long personal blade

judah000
05-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Ma Long personal blade

thanks for the attachments safa :D

TTPlayer
05-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Ma Long using DHS PG7 blade?

Hi, does anyone know if whats the difference between Clipper WRB CR and DHS PG7. Since they look like have similarities in appearance. Thanks

CamiloG
05-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Nice pictures :D

mrxamad
05-12-2012, 06:22 PM
having chinese bat combination doesn't mean we will start playing like them :P i think bat which suits us the most can take us higher :)

TTFan01
05-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Anyone who knows what Chen Qi plays with?

JustAlt
05-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Anyone who knows what Chen Qi plays with?

Well I spotted him using a Stiga Rosewood NCT V or VII at the hungarian open, forehand is Chinese of course; probably H3 or TG3 and if he goes by the CNT fashion some kind of Tenergy on the backhand.

zachkinjo
05-16-2012, 09:08 PM
They are so nice looking! I wish I was able to change my rubber every 2 weeks like them and get the fullest out of the rubber

pai2
05-17-2012, 03:28 AM
I dont think , their blade is same with blade which can we found in store... The company will make for them special, with same appearance... hehehe

JustAlt
05-17-2012, 06:21 AM
They are so nice looking! I wish I was able to change my rubber every 2 weeks like them and get the fullest out of the rubber

I don't think they even use their backhand rubbers for more than a week and they change FH rubber even more often.

sxTT
05-17-2012, 06:56 AM
I don't think they even use their backhand rubbers for more than a week and they change FH rubber even more often.

i think seen a video of stiga featuring xu xin, if i remember correctly xx mentioned that he change rubbers every 10 days, well i dont remember him mentioning which particular side plus i dont know if its really true since its sponsored by stiga and it says there calibra LT which i think XX is not using or has ever used calibra

firdausnazeri
05-17-2012, 07:22 AM
most of my friends said the feel for both blade are similar which are medium(not too hard n not soft soft).... i think both have same properties... 7 layers..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

trevo1
05-20-2012, 10:22 AM
thanks for posting this is realy useful to know :)

TTPlayer
05-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Hi, does anyone know what Ma Long, Wang Liqin, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike are using now at the china open?

Giangt
05-29-2012, 09:45 AM
WLQ using Stiga Clipper again at China Open 2012, DHS must be happy about this ;)

Abakus
05-29-2012, 09:51 AM
looks pretty much like a Stiga Clipper CR WRB :)

abdullah
06-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Can anyone tell me where I might find blue sponged Hurricane3 that Zhang Ji Ke is using currently on his Viscaria

azlan
06-10-2012, 02:57 PM
You can try http://www.ttnpp.com/shop/ or http://www.fareastsports.com/products/rubber/pips_in/541

platonic
06-10-2012, 06:54 PM
very nice find...

platonic
06-10-2012, 06:55 PM
btw, sucks that they don't sell the good rubbers commercially.

JustAlt
06-10-2012, 07:54 PM

They do sell good rubbers for everyone, just not the very best.
But the sport is mostly about skill so they wouldn't really make you a better player anyway.

Best for the best sounds fair to me.

pai2
06-11-2012, 04:14 AM
anyone know what ding ning's setup?? tq...

Giangt
06-11-2012, 08:05 AM
anyone know what ding ning's setup?? tq...

I think I saw her play with Stiga Ebenholz at China Open. She plays with Hurricane 3 FH and I don't know what she is using in her BH.

noob
07-11-2012, 08:02 AM

maybe you'll find this link handy

http://www.prott.cc/List.aspx?t=6

svendelle
07-11-2012, 10:10 AM
azlan
You can try ttnpp or fareastsports

Have you or anybody else got any experience dealing with Ttnpp? How is the delivery to europe?

They seem pretty cheap compared to the TT-shops in europe. Ex. a Donic Bluefire 1 is at Ttnpp.com 38$ and at contra.com it´s 48$ and in Denmark 60$. That´s a big difference.

Any advice will be appreciated.

the_M
07-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Well if you know the people from the shops or order in large quantity in german shops you get 30% Percent discount on anything thats not from BTY.

Have you or anybody else got any experience dealing with Ttnpp? How is the delivery to europe?

They seem pretty cheap compared to the TT-shops in europe. Ex. a Donic Bluefire 1 is at Ttnpp.com 38$ and at contra.com it´s 48$ and in Denmark 60$. That´s a big difference.

Any advice will be appreciated.

decoy
07-11-2012, 04:27 PM
ttnnpp is good.. although sometimes you wont get your stuff up to 3 weeks.. depends how much you order.. i thing the more you order in one go the longer it would take.. .

also eacheng.net is a good one to buy from

alpapito
08-13-2012, 02:18 PM
this post just made me so happy. I always wanted to know the China team's paddle set up. many thanks!

janetang
08-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Great! I like the strong team.

pingpongholic10
09-04-2012, 08:22 PM
any updates?

Phil
10-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Don't know if this helps at all?

http://tabletenniskingdom.com/ttk_products.php?cat=equipment

UpSideDownCarl
10-30-2012, 02:35 AM
I would be great to see updated photos of what each of them are using now. Not that many changes, but enough.

The Setup of Liu Shiwen is very interesting. She is probably using her own signature blade now but that is very similar to the Butterfly Innerforce ZLF that she was using when these photos were taken. But, I am also interested in her using Tibhar Grip-S for her forehand.

Wang Liqin's setup and Feng Tianwei's setup, which are the same, are a very good combination: Stiga Rosewood V NCT, DHS Hurricane III NEO, Butterfly Tenergy 64.

Guo Yue's setup is also pretty interesting: Stiga Ebenholz V NCT, Tibhar Grip-S, Butterfly Tenergy 05.

Giangt
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I would be great to see updated photos of what each of them are using now. Not that many changes, but enough.

The Setup of Liu Shiwen is very interesting. She is probably using her own signature blade now but that is very similar to the Butterfly Innerforce ZLF that she was using when these photos were taken. But, I am also interested in her using Tibhar Grip-S for her forehand.

Wang Liqin's setup and Feng Tianwei's setup, which are the same, are a very good combination: Stiga Rosewood V NCT, DHS Hurricane III NEO, Butterfly Tenergy 64.

Guo Yue's setup is also pretty interesting: Stiga Ebenholz V NCT, Tibhar Grip-S, Butterfly Tenergy 05.

I totally agree with you, having a new updated list with the pro's equipment.
I think Wang Liqin is playing clipper now and Feng Tianwei ZJK... don't know about the rubbers though. But as you said could be interesting to see who has sticked too their old setup.

As Ma Long going from a composite blade to an all-wood blade.

Dan
10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I totally agree with you, having a new updated list with the pro's equipment.
I think Wang Liqin is playing clipper now and Feng Tianwei ZJK... don't know about the rubbers though. But as you said could be interesting to see who has sticked too their old setup.

As Ma Long going from a composite blade to an all-wood blade.

Good idea guys, lets make an update :) Anyone have pictures of the pro's new bats and rubbers?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

UpSideDownCarl
10-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Good idea guys, lets make an update :) Anyone have pictures of the pro's new bats and rubbers?

Dan, I think you and TTProvider are going to have pull a few strings and make some magic like when you got these photos. :) Imagine getting your hands on photos of the bats as they were being tested for legality again!!! Now that would be something! :)

Dan
11-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Dan, I think you and TTProvider are going to have pull a few strings and make some magic like when you got these photos. :) Imagine getting your hands on photos of the bats as they were being tested for legality again!!! Now that would be something! :)

Very true Carl. Ill see what I can do :) I have an idea however i've been told people who tests bats at tournaments are not allowed to have cameras on them. Ill see what I can do :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Scorpnox
11-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Does anyone knows the last setup chen qi was using?

sebas-aguirre
11-09-2012, 08:19 PM
ma long/wang liqin:

http://pingpongrevelations.blogspot....-pictures.html (http://pingpongrevelations.blogspot.com.ar/2012/11/ma-longwang-liqin-paddle-pictures.html)

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Hello!
Dear fellow tabletennisstars, does anybody know for sure what rubbers XU XIN plays? I found so many sites with everybody saying something else!
Thank you in advance :)

Giangt
12-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Hello!
Dear fellow tabletennisstars, does anybody know for sure what rubbers XU XIN plays? I found so many sites with everybody saying something else!
Thank you in advance :)

As I posted in your thread: H3 National Blue Sponge FH and Calibra LT ;)

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 01:40 PM
As I posted in your thread: H3 National Blue Sponge FH and Calibra LT ;)

Thank youuuuuuu :D

Markvee
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Xu Xin uses Tenergy 05 or 64 on the backhand like all the rest of the Chinese national team. ;) Stiga's website is just marketing blabla. Like Yasaka's website saying Ma Lin uses New Era and Mark V HPS.

Giangt
12-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Xu Xin uses Tenergy 05 or 64 on the backhand like all the rest of the Chinese national team. ;) Stiga's website is just marketing blabla. Like Yasaka's website saying Ma Lin uses New Era and Mark V HPS.

He use to play with a Tenergy rubber, but switched to Stiga...

MegaZZ
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Yes I agree with Giangt, at least as of beginning 2012, Xu Xin was definitely using National H3 (FH) and Calibra LT (BH). What Stiga says is true. If you want to check look at the Youtube video Kim Min Seok vs Xu Xin WTTTC in Dortmund in 2012. There is one shot of Xu Xin's backhand sponge and it's almost certainly a Calibra LT (I have one myself and checked) and most definitely not any of the Tenergies (I have all the Tenergies and unless it's one especially only made for Xu Xin then it's definitely not a Tenergy). Personally though I find both Tenergy 05 or 64 very good for RPB and soon I will test Calibra LT but I would be surprised if it was better then Tenergy

royan
12-31-2012, 05:25 PM
3280 how about this one?

sebas-aguirre
12-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Yes I agree with Giangt, at least as of beginning 2012, Xu Xin was definitely using National H3 (FH) and Calibra LT (BH). What Stiga says is true. If you want to check look at the Youtube video Kim Min Seok vs Xu Xin WTTTC in Dortmund in 2012. There is one shot of Xu Xin's backhand sponge and it's almost certainly a Calibra LT (I have one myself and checked) and most definitely not any of the Tenergies (I have all the Tenergies and unless it's one especially only made for Xu Xin then it's definitely not a Tenergy). Personally though I find both Tenergy 05 or 64 very good for RPB and soon I will test Calibra LT but I would be surprised if it was better then Tenergy

xu xin pic

http://www.tabletennisonline.org/2012/12/xu-xin-paddle-pictures.html

TurboZ
01-12-2013, 02:12 PM

Not sure which game you are refering to but XX did not participate in 2012 WTTTC in Dortmund. The closest match I can find is World Team Cup in late 2011 that he played Kim. A closeup pic of his blade did show the sponge is red like a tenergy. Also the FH rubber looks more like a TG3.

RIPPER
02-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Hey Relin :)

this is one of my favourite posts, im thinking of maybe getting the rosewood vct 5, is this the same version tht gav has dan? thr sik blades but then wang liquin obviously uses hurricane so mayb not right blade for me but if he using tenergy on bh then it should be fine for me even if i have sumfing like tenergy on fh

dklaaaa
02-16-2013, 01:48 AM
不错,不过很久远了。

Spitfire
02-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Calibra LT also has a Red Sponge :)

MegaZZ
02-16-2013, 03:22 PM
You are right about it being World Team Cup! I have Calibra LT and Tenergy 64 and 05 and it looks a lot more like Calibra LT to me with the latter having a more orange-reddish colour. I think now you are right about the Xu Xin forehand rubber being a TG3 rather than Hurricane 3, cheers!

sev3n
02-22-2013, 11:26 PM
His Sriver is a special version made by Butterfly Japan.

Alborz
03-10-2013, 02:31 PM
do chinese players boost the rubber?

jmillsy2
03-10-2013, 05:05 PM
do chinese players boost the rubber?

yes, most if not all of them do...
just like most of the top players boost, except mizutani, boll (apparently) and some others..

Alborz
03-10-2013, 06:20 PM
but it is not legal !!!!!!!!!!

bzing
03-24-2013, 01:56 PM
I have a question - does Zhang Jike still use Hurricane 3 on his FH? Watching Kuwait 2013 final when he confronted Ma Long, on many occasions his forehand seemed to overpower Ma Long's FH even though technique wise Ma Long's is clearly stronger. It looked as if Zhang Jike was using some Tenergies or something... Because I couldn't believe how Ma Long's FH was easily crushed down in that match.

PolishTT
03-24-2013, 02:47 PM
I think they both still use. Zhang Jike the Hurricane and Ma Long the skyline. Both in special blue sponge version. And yes they both play Tenergy. But on BH. Seems to be no chinese BH rubber for them cuz they use it for so lang... :P

Maybe i am not up to date but i this are the info's i have ;)

Alborz
03-24-2013, 03:03 PM
originaly posted by bzing:
I have a question - does Zhang Jike still use Hurricane 3 on his FH? Watching Kuwait 2013 final when he confronted Ma Long, on many occasions his forehand seemed to overpower Ma Long's FH even though technique wise Ma Long's is clearly stronger. It looked as if Zhang Jike was using some Tenergies or something... Because I couldn't believe how Ma Long's FH was easily crushed down in that match.
ZJK is still using Hurricane.and in that match ML was playing so bad and that's the reason why ZJK can overpower ML's forehand not because of his equipment.

PolishTT
03-24-2013, 03:20 PM
but it is not legal !!!!!!!!!!
I think they really don't care about that. And I talked to a referee, who is on World Championships and he said that they don't care about it too. They know it that they do it but they don't have the technique to cover it up. But Patrick Baum from germany had a to much thick sponge and did he get a suspension?? No nothing. He just got disqualified and thats it. And this is what i say to me if i am thinking about that it isn't legal. ;)

Sali
03-25-2013, 09:33 AM
First of all. The equipment they use is top secret. Do not look at the logo. They are custom made for the players needs and the keep it in secret. Do you really think that t05 which Timo Ball uses is the same as the one you can buy in store :)? The other think is 90% of pro players boost a lot.

Vincent Lim
04-26-2013, 06:37 AM
what kind of version is ma longs dhs skyline 3?

spin4net
04-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Ma long is using TG3 National Blue sponge. Xu Xin is using Yasaka Extra Offensive.

revulucao
04-26-2013, 10:00 PM
ma long is using tg? i thought it was H3...

RIPPER
04-27-2013, 06:05 AM
I want to see what they are playing with now, we need new photos

janetang
04-27-2013, 08:39 AM
I also like Tenergy 05 and 64 playing in my spare time.

TableTennisDK
04-27-2013, 10:10 AM
First of all. The equipment they use is top secret. Do not look at the logo. They are custom made for the players needs and the keep it in secret. Do you really think that t05 which Timo Ball uses is the same as the one you can buy in store :)? The other think is 90% of pro players boost a lot.

The pro players get the pro versions of the rubbers. You cannot get the pro versions unless you are a pro sponsored players, so no, we cannot buy the same as Timo Bolls. You can, though, get hold of the national versions of the Chinese rubbers, but it can be quite difficult and expensive.

harveyaquino
04-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Hey guys! Is the Timo Boll ALC FL (the one in the picture) handle longer than the ST version? 'Cuz my Timo Boll ALC ST handle is a bit short, and I'm thinking the FL version is a bit longer?

TurboZ
04-29-2013, 11:41 AM
ma long is using tg? i thought it was H3...

Picture of ML using the new Hurricane Long 3 early this year is indeed H3 BS, so is ZJK.

Dan
05-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Picture of ML using the new Hurricane Long 3 early this year is indeed H3 BS, so is ZJK.

Wow I would love to try those bats. They look awesome!

TurboZ
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Some taobao seller is already selling the Hurricane Long 3 for 800 Yuan, as well as the special CNT version for 2800 Yuan. Links through buychina if anyone wants to have a look. Should be a hot item if ML win the WTTC next week.

http://www.buychina.com/products/24239624137
http://www.buychina.com/products/24019064489

Denni
05-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Wow, great post! I have noticed for sometime that WLQ does not use HK anymore. Too bad, I have getting used to the HK so badly and could not think any better blade, even TBS, except for replacement. I hope they still produce the old HK, since it becomes the only blade suitable to my hand.

TurboZ
05-13-2013, 02:48 PM
WLQ use Stiga CL CR non-WRB for some time now and Stiga RW5 before that. In fact many believe he did not actually use HK in the past but only a Stiga CR with HK handle. I have HK, HK3 and H-WL. They are all good but I think H-WL's handle has the best feel in hand.

prince
05-15-2013, 12:35 PM
nice rubbers

prince
05-15-2013, 12:37 PM
well i think they are cool bats

bulah87
05-22-2013, 02:46 AM
ma long charge his bat to use blade DHS.....

Sun Tzu
05-22-2013, 06:53 AM
I think this needs some attention: (Pictures are not mine, I took them from another forum but are worth sharing)

Zhang Jike's Viscaria
Tenergy 05-FX & Hurricane 3

Alborz
05-25-2013, 07:21 PM
I think this needs some attention: (Pictures are not mine, I took them from another forum but are worth sharing)

Zhang Jike's Viscaria
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3916&d=1369205531&thumb=1 (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3916&d=1369205531)
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3917&d=1369205550&thumb=1 (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3917&d=1369205550)

are you sure it is ZJK's personal bat ? where do you find this photos ? i will be surprised if he really us T05-fx on BH.

chuklebolt
05-25-2013, 09:23 PM
so he really changed to 05FX? I heard some Thai people spreading this rumor in the Thai forum, and I found it recently on the Wikipedia page. So I came here looking for a more reliable source and proves hehehe :rolleyes: can anyone confirm?

huri
05-26-2013, 10:56 AM
On Eurosport they also said that he was using 05 fx during the worlds.

Dan
05-26-2013, 09:24 PM

Zhang Jike's Viscaria

Wow great find, can we confirm this is his?

Sun Tzu
05-27-2013, 08:24 AM
2 members on another forum worked for the DHS stand in Paris at the WTTC2013.
They made alot of photo's of themselves with people like Wang Liqin, Persson etc. Blades of China team were brought to the back of the DHS stand to be checked by the DHS officials (Not the workers at the stand) to see if they would pass ITTF racket control. One of the members asked the DHS staff if they could see the blade and make a picture. The staff guy said ok and held the blade for them to make pictures.

Can only get more clear if Zhang Jike shows it during a match ;)

Dan
05-27-2013, 01:12 PM
2 members on another forum worked for the DHS stand in Paris at the WTTC2013.
They made alot of photo's of themselves with people like Wang Liqin, Persson etc. Blades of China team were brought to the back of the DHS stand to be checked by the DHS officials (Not the workers at the stand) to see if they would pass ITTF racket control. One of the members asked the DHS staff if they could see the blade and make a picture. The staff guy said ok and held the blade for them to make pictures.

Can only get more clear if Zhang Jike shows it during a match ;)

Thanks for the information! Sounds very legit! any more pictures of players bats from the team?

Thanks Sun Tzu :)

Sun Tzu
05-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Haven't seen them, I do have a picture that Chen Qi is playing with the new Zhang Jike Super ZLC.
He won't win the best look award with this photo though..

Sun Tzu
05-27-2013, 01:55 PM
By the way, im can't guarantee the Viscaria is really Zhang Jike, the DHS staff might have misunderstood and just showed them á blade from the Chinese team, Yan An also plays with the Viscaria, so its either Zhang Jike or Yan An. Lets say its 80% chance of Zhang Jike and 20% of Yan An being the wielder of this weapon. I tried 05-FX on my Viscaria and really didn't like it for my forehand (had a slower bh rubber that time).

Like all others, I found and still find it hard to believe he left Tenergy64, especially for an FX version of any other Tenergy.

Dan
05-27-2013, 02:12 PM
By the way, im can't guarantee the Viscaria is really Zhang Jike, the DHS staff might have misunderstood and just showed them á blade from the Chinese team, Yan An also plays with the Viscaria, so its either Zhang Jike or Yan An. Lets say its 80% chance of Zhang Jike and 20% of Yan An being the wielder of this weapon. I tried 05-FX on my Viscaria and really didn't like it for my forehand (had a slower bh rubber that time).

Like all others, I found and still find it hard to believe he left Tenergy64, especially for an FX version of any other Tenergy.

Yeah I understand :) I would say it's pretty much Zhang Jike's I doubt that would make such a mistake. Which forum did you find this info on? :)

Sun Tzu
05-27-2013, 02:13 PM
on mytt.net in the thread adventure of jcdi and ttping85 or something like that ;)

Samuraisam 3467
06-07-2013, 07:27 PM
It is important to remember that the rubbers the Chinese national team is supplied is like a national version of it compared to the commercial versions we can buy. At his level it really shouldn't affect him at all but I think it was a good change for his backhand. The 64 was best for blocking back balls low and fast which he did well but I think he is trying to be more attackive with his backhand. If you watch the difference of matches before then the one of him in WTTC his flicks were more spinny and he won more faster shots. Very nice backhand ;)

Alborz
06-08-2013, 02:46 PM
It is important to remember that the rubbers the Chinese national team is supplied is like a national version of it compared to the commercial versions we can buy. At his level it really shouldn't affect him at all but I think it was a good change for his backhand. The 64 was best for blocking back balls low and fast which he did well but I think he is trying to be more attackive with his backhand. If you watch the difference of matches before then the one of him in WTTC his flicks were more spinny and he won more faster shots. Very nice backhand ;)

he didn't need to change his rubber because of changing the game plan a little . and i'm wondering why he switched to FX version . i think it's to soft/slow for a player at the level of ZJK .

vikhas16
06-08-2013, 05:00 PM
hey great to see such bats..

hats of nice collection.. keep it up stay blessed

EricTian
06-25-2013, 12:09 PM
what dhs blade is that one that wang hao uses? my dad has that blade and i never could quite figure out what it was :P

DruvCarbonBlade
06-25-2013, 12:32 PM
what dhs blade is that one that wang hao uses? my dad has that blade and i never could quite figure out what it was :P
Wang Hao uses DHS Hurricane Hao

JustAlt
06-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Wang Hao uses DHS Hurricane Hao

I think he uses something like this:
http://prott.vip020.net/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=WHB

Which really looks like a Yasaka Ma Lin Extra offensive with a Dhs Hurricane Hao handle. Just look at Wang Hao's blade at any tournament and you will see that the top ply is not the same as Hurricane Hao's
Please understand that these players get their equipment custom-made according to their personal preferences. I guess Wang Hao uses the Hurricane Hao handle only because of his DHS sponsorship.

TurboZ
06-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Back in 2007 Wang Hao used something like the current DHS Dipper Di16. He only use the one with H-Hao handle as backup. May be his blade today is some variant of his old time Dipper. I think YEO was not yet released until 2008.

BritneySpears
07-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Are none of these players sponsored then?

Britney

DruvCarbonBlade
07-08-2013, 02:49 AM
Are none of these players sponsored then?

Britney
I think most of them have sponsorships. But they can't keep them from using other brand's equipment if it suits them better. Especially if they are so highly ranked. If you're a small player than no one's heard of then I've heard that they restrict you for using only their blades and rubbers

--Furry--
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
CAN U GUYZ REPLY ON THIS POST

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5183-Table-Tennis-Equipment

ZJK
07-08-2013, 05:05 PM
I heard that there are 3 types of (DHS) rubbers in China: A, B and C
A is ONLY for the core members of the national Team, B is for all professionals and C is for everyone to buy.
I think this is quite an interesting info, someone else heard about it?