Looking for a new rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hello guys. I've been playing for like 16 years and almost always used butterfly rubbers. Started with some mark v and then went to sriver fx and then to bryce fx. The thing is I left table tennis for about a year (during the first years of the speed glue ban) and when I came back all was different.
Couldn't find a nice alternative to bryce fx that gave me the same feel and sound of speed glue.

In the new years I've used tibhar nimbus soft and nimbus sound bluefire m1 and bluefire M2 on a grubba all+ blade. Well I liked the nimbus sound but always felt they lacked a little bit of speed and "bite".
I tough it was about the blade and changed my blade to a balsacarbo x5 and bought a tenergy 05 to see what all the fuss is about.
Speed is good (and that throw angle is awesome for closed bat top spin) but sound and feel could be a little better. But to be honest I don't feel that tenergy is the thing. However I still like it and will use it until I find the perfect rubber.

So, long story short I'm in need of a backhand rubber. And was thinking Going back to soft rubbers Will soft rubbers match well with my balsacarbo x5? Or my blade is not appropriate? I tried a friend's andro treiber k (alc blade?) and I feel they are about "the same" in terms of feel and speed.

So I was considering:
Tibhar evolution el-p
Tibhar evolution fx-p
Rasant Beat
Acuda P2
Acuda P3

Can you guys recommend something for me?

Right now o feel that the M2 is nice on the backhand for aggressive blocking but when I need some more control against high spin top spin.

Thanks in advance.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I`m using balsa carbo with rasant beat on BH
Smashing ,flick, blocks, push are excellent ... but i'm still searching here something more ... maybe the feeling is not right and loops are average.... but ...... i do not now..... i'm also still searching for bh Rubber... for now the best it is the Rasant Beat... But still waiting for the xiom omega V EURO (for one month now it's making me crazy.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
I`m using balsa carbo with rasant beat on BH
Smashing ,flick, blocks, push are excellent ... but i'm still searching here something more ... maybe the feeling is not right and loops are average.... but ...... i do not now..... i'm also still searching for bh Rubber... for now the best it is the Rasant Beat... But still waiting for the xiom omega V EURO (for one month now it's making me crazy.)

That's really good to read. That a player has the same blade and rubber with good results. So th rubber is not very soft with this blade? I was afraid that soft rubber with soft blade with make a bad combo.

I don't like your blade - classic ALC blades are a bit different and better IMO - but try EL-P - you may end up loving it on both sides. FX-P is very good as well. I hear that the sound o EL-P is really good. If you are a fan of sound from gluing days, you probably need to boost too.

As far as I know boosting is not allowed here in Portugal. And since I do play in a national league that's off the table (no pun intended).
Well this balsacarbo is new (has less then a year) but of imperative I could change it. But to be honest I felt that they were very similar. The treiber K Is faster and more "direct" if you know what I mean.

Just need to decide between el-p, fx-p and Rasant Beat. I like the top layer of the Rasant grip. If the Rasant Beat has the same top layer with a softer sponge I might jump into that one. Although a tried a el-p from a guy from another club and it sounded pretty nice compared to today's standard. Still I'm not sure if it was due to the blade or the rubber.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
That's really good to read. That a player has the same blade and rubber with good results. So th rubber is not very soft with this blade? I was afraid that soft rubber with soft blade with make a bad combo.

Trust me i do not have the same blade ... I have custom carbon balsa blade..... and it is stiff not soft... top layer is Mahogany.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Trust me i do not have the same blade ... I have custom carbon balsa blade..... and it is stiff not soft... top layer is Mahogany.

Oh I see. Well mine is not super soft. The carbon ads a little bit of stiffness. The outer layer doesn't seem to be balsa but I don't know for sure.

This user has no status.
Hello guys. I've been playing for like 16 years and almost always used butterfly rubbers. Started with some mark v and then went to sriver fx and then to bryce fx. The thing is I left table tennis for about a year (during the first years of the speed glue ban) and when I came back all was different.
Couldn't find a nice alternative to bryce fx that gave me the same feel and sound of speed glue.

In the new years I've used tibhar nimbus soft and nimbus sound bluefire m1 and bluefire M2 on a grubba all+ blade. Well I liked the nimbus sound but always felt they lacked a little bit of speed and "bite".
I tough it was about the blade and changed my blade to a balsacarbo x5 and bought a tenergy 05 to see what all the fuss is about.
Speed is good (and that throw angle is awesome for closed bat top spin) but sound and feel could be a little better. But to be honest I don't feel that tenergy is the thing. However I still like it and will use it until I find the perfect rubber.

So, long story short I'm in need of a backhand rubber. And was thinking Going back to soft rubbers Will soft rubbers match well with my balsacarbo x5? Or my blade is not appropriate? I tried a friend's andro treiber k (alc blade?) and I feel they are about "the same" in terms of feel and speed.

So I was considering:
Tibhar evolution el-p
Tibhar evolution fx-p
Rasant Beat
Acuda P2
Acuda P3

Can you guys recommend something for me?

Right now o feel that the M2 is nice on the backhand for aggressive blocking but when I need some more control against high spin top spin.

Thanks in advance.
I would recommend xiom vega Europe or Tibhar evolution fx-p
I find xiom is even softer than evolution however in my opinion doesn't spin as much

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Although you would be disappointed in the utter lack of glue sound, FX-P will give you every bit of spin and control and then some. Feel will be different too, but let's get REAL. There is NOTHING exactly like the old days unless you simply speed glue for the glory and lulz.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk