Who will win the Men's Singles at the Japan Open 2011?

• Jun Mizutani

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Oh Sang Eun

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Ryu Seung Min

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Seiya Kishikawa

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Kim Min Seok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaii Yoshida

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

• Seo Hyun Deok

• Others - leave a comment below

• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
2011 Japan Open - ITTF Pro Tour,07 July - 10 July 2011, Kobe, JAPAN into the next pro tour, The Japan Open 2011. It begins this week on Thursday the 7th of July. This is going to be a big tournament, so lets get started and lets discuss the seeds. We can use this thread as a means to display the results, videos and latest news from this fantastic event!

11Graduate2.jpg

Photo by Qi Dazheng

The host nation will be supporting their inform number 1 seed Jun Mizutani. Jun the winner of the Kal Cup Pro Tour Grand Finals last December wants to make good use of this tournament to qualify for the prestigious tournament this year. Where better then to do that on home turf?

Jun Mizutani is the top seed for this major event and the Japanese 22 year old will soon have to start thinking about boooking a ticket to London for the ExCel Arena in the east of England’s capital city.

Mens Draw

1) Jun Mizutani
2) Oh Sang Eun
3) Ryu Seung Min
4) Chuang Chih Yuan
5) Seiya Kishikawa
6) Kim Min Seok
7) Kaii Yoshida
8) Kenta Matsudaira
9) Seo Hyun Deok
10) Yang Zi

Jun Mizutani may come up against the number 4 seed in form Chuang Chih Yuan to take revenge on. The Koreans number 2 seed Oh Sang Eun with Koreans 3 seed Ryu have a shot at the title.

The number 1 seeds for the men's doubles are host Japanese stars Kenta Matsudaira and Koki Niwa.

The host players looks odds on favourite to win the medals however things look differently in the under 21's. The fast improving Korean's of Kim Min Seok and Jun Young Sik are the top 2 seeds with the under 21's women's seeds of Yang Ha Eun And Kang Mi Soon.

Womens Draw

Img272444110.jpg

1) Feng Tianwei
2) Kasumi Ishikawa
3) Ai Fukuhara
4) Sayaka Hirano
5) Wang Yuegu
6) Jang Huajun
7) Shen Yanfei
8) Park Mi Young
9) Li Jiawei
10) Yu Mengyu

Singapore's Feng Tianwei enters the tournament as the number 1 seed. Feng in top form beat both Feng Yalan and Guo Yan in the China Vs World Team Challenge. Tianwei has maintained that form by winning rhe previous womens singles title at the Korean Open last week.

Who's going to win, who did you pick in the poll? Which players will pull of upsets do you think?

Enjoy the tournament and please feel free to share this page with your facebook friends to bring more members to this awesome community!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well in my opinion, only one, who can beat Mizutani there, is Matsudaira..
He is pretty good and knows how to play Jun, as they are teammates..
If Mizutani is 1st and Matsudaira is 8th, it means they will play in quarters.. So that will be most interesting match there :)
And Oh Sang Eun or Ryu in final :)
As for women, it will be Feng Tianwei, she is in great form and.. matches with Kasumi Ishikawa or Ai Fukuhara will be great!
I will logon bwin and get rich again :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well in my opinion, only one, who can beat Mizutani there, is Matsudaira..
He is pretty good and knows how to play Jun, as they are teammates..
If Mizutani is 1st and Matsudaira is 8th, it means they will play in quarters.. So that will be most interesting match there :)
And Oh Sang Eun or Ryu in final :)
As for women, it will be Feng Tianwei, she is in great form and.. matches with Kasumi Ishikawa or Ai Fukuhara will be great!
I will logon bwin and get rich again :D

Haha good luck, u could go with Matsudaira for the suprise, but I don't think it will happen. Jun is as used to him as he to Jun. If someone else wins it would be Oh or Ryu I think. Chuang does have a chance as well by the way.

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)

Lan

Jan 2011
Song Hongyuan:DDDD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Eventhough that Mizutani is the favorite I think that Oh Sang Eun will take it! If he is matching up with Mizutani at any point i think he will beat him. Oh is very wise and really a great player.

I would also like Ryu to take it - I always loved watching him play in the old days when he was on FIRE !!! He still got some moves sometimes, but he has come to the fall of his carreer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yeah maybe that's his greatest win. But in the same WTTC he almost threw Ma Lin out, so I don't know if he is overhyped. Maybe given some time he will be back strong. He has a very unique playing style, especially the serve of course. That is always welcome :)

Edit: I just see that Matsudaira faces Lin Gaoyuan in the first round, so he might get knocked out of the tournament right away. If Lin and Oh win their matches they will face each other in the QF. I hope Oh takes his revenge xD

Last edited:

Lan

Lan

Jan 2011
How come you know lin faced matsudaira