Zhang Jike Provoked

This user has no status.
Anybody knows more about this provokation? Source: PingPangWorld

Zhang Jike faced Jang Woojin of Korea in the Asian Championships, a dispute occurred as the Chinese team believed the ball hit Jang's tshirt during play. The score however was given to Jang. Coach Liu Guoliang told the referee to look at a video playback however they refused the request.

Liu Guoliang commented to the media, “There was no link between Zhang Jike’s defeat and the incident against Jang and the referee. Zhang Jike is not in good match state at the moment and we will analyse his condition soon."

A report said both players from Korea and China were preparing to leave the stadium when things got heated between the two players. Both coaches were their to stop anything progressing.

Who has more information on this incident?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I have no idea what happened but it usually takes two people to have a conflict. That said, its never a good idea to give the CNT extra motivation. I like both players so I do hope they can put this behind them amicably. Zhang has surely more medals awaiting him and Jang is one of the few bright spots in Korean men's table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
News report said that there was a controversial point in game six while ZJK claimed the ball touch JWJ's jersey, yet he returned the ball and end on JWJ's side of table. Umpire denied his claim and award the point to JWJ. LGL protest and said even the ball did not touch JWJ's jersey the point should gave to ZJK or replay because the ball was end on JWJ's side. Head umpire was called but the umpire insist the ball end on ZJK's side so the point still stand. LGL proposed to view his game recording but also denied.

After the match JWJ was seen raise his face and walk towards Zhang Jike making provocative expression. He was stopped by his coach. ZJK was irritated and made a stand but also stopped by LGL. Yet many news headline only criticized ZJK for nasty action after losing the match. Probably nothing more than just trying to attract reader's attention.

Anyway JWJ was beaten by WCT 4:0 in the quarter final. A perfect revenge while some people made fun of it saying LGL told his brother Liu Quodong, the coach of WCT, to go all out and finish the job. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I hope our umpires will use technology to end all disputes.
Some of these calls made by the officials is really questionable.
In that point, ZJK did everything correct - raise the attention and continued to play the point.....

As a coach, I would teach my player the same and of course it is not fair if the point is awarded against you if the last legal contact was made by you, and your opponent failed to return it

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I really dont get why should jang woojin provoke ZJK, it seems really stupid to me provoking anyone during or after a game.

Its a disgrace towards the game and your ownself when you behave like that. The only thing that lightens the importance of his actions is his young age.

Another incident that really left me surprised was gardos vs shibaev.

check the serve @ 2:12 at full speed u cannot tell clearly but when played @ 0.25 speed you can tell that the ball changes direction after it "whiffs" shibaev's shirt. Shibaev just noded "no" but didnt even defend himself to the claims of gardos. I dont know if its allowed or not but the russian coach should also interfere, the whole russian team just stood there speechless like nothing happened. You could