PDA

View Full Version : Tibhar Drinkhall Allround & Offensive Classic Blade Review

Dan
10-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Hey all,

Below is my latest review with Paul Drinkhall looking at his new blades, the Tibhar Paul Drinkhall Allround & Offensive Classic Blade Review.

Myself and Paul both alternated the blades throughout the review using the Tibhar Evolution MX-P rubbers on both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ita9Etfa7Vo

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried any of the blades from Paul Drinkhall's range yet?

Stay tuned for our upcoming review with Paul looking at his Carbon blade.

More reviews
Drinkhall all round classic reviews: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/blades/11066-drinkhall-allround-classic
Drinkhall Offensive Classic reviews: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/blades/11067-drinkhall-offensive-classic

Paul Drinkhall
10-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks to Dan and TableTennisDaily for reviewing two of my three signature blades with me, we had a great time making the video - Dan taught me that last shot there at the end, the behind the back super smash, I owe it to him ;-)

Kaiwen
10-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Is that the Samsonov stratus carbon the real choice of Paul for play every days please?

TTHopeful
10-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Nice review, looking forward to the Carbon review. Is there a great difference between the offensive and the all round?

Ilia Minkin
10-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Watched the review just to watch how a top player plays in a "casual" setting. Awesome :)

anchorschmidt
10-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Wow, it's much more apparent how good the pros are when they are filmed at this angle. The overhead angle slows the game down a bit :) Paul's strokes looked deadly and refined. I would really struggle just blocking them, forget counterlooping :D. I wonder what Wang Liqin's forehand would look like at full speed from this angle.

Paul Drinkhall
10-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Is that the Samsonov stratus carbon the real choice of Paul for play every days please?

Hi Kaiwen, I was playing with the Samsonov Stratus Carbon when I first signed to TIBHAR, now I'm using my own TIBHAR Paul Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon blade. Me and Dan will be reviewing it soon!

Paul Drinkhall
10-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Nice review, looking forward to the Carbon review. Is there a great difference between the offensive and the all round?

Hi TTHopeful, yes the difference is quite big, the Offensive is faster and has a different feeling. The Allround is really nice to play with as it is a little slower and you get so much control due to the increased dwell time of the ball on the blade!

Paul Drinkhall
10-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Wow, it's much more apparent how good the pros are when they are filmed at this angle. The overhead angle slows the game down a bit :) Paul's strokes looked deadly and refined. I would really struggle just blocking them, forget counterlooping :D. I wonder what Wang Liqin's forehand would look like at full speed from this angle.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wang Liquin's forehand from this angle either Anchorschmidt ;-) One of the most deadly strokes in the history of the game!!

anchorschmidt
10-08-2015, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Wang Liquin's forehand from this angle either Anchorschmidt ;-) One of the most deadly strokes in the history of the game!!

Wasn't just the deadliness of your strokes, it was also the unpredictability. I had no idea that you were going to play that forehand stroke down the line at 1:35 after you had been looping to Dan's forehand or that Backhand at around the 2 minute mark that you also played down the line. Are you constantly reading the body language of your opponent during a rally? For my level it's sufficient to just concentrate on where the opponent is and what is racket angle is.

Liten
10-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah. Struck me as well, you look like a real machine in the drill-sequenses Paul! In the flicks and drive-shots, real unpredictable. Great vid!

Reaper
10-08-2015, 02:22 PM
quick question, the tag on the handle is a lens or is it made of metal? or a sticker?

Dan
10-15-2015, 05:25 PM
quick question, the tag on the handle is a lens or is it made of metal? or a sticker?

Hi Reaper, it is plastic I have attached a photo below. The lens sits around half a mm below the edge of the handle, fits well.

Dan
10-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Hi all,

I've just got back from shooting footage with Paul Drinkhall on the upcoming Drinkhall Carbon Blade Review. It is incredible how much speed and spin Paul gets on the ball. I also on a few occasions I really felt I had won the point, however he just returns it with ease! :)

We also did some fun stuff looking forward to showing you. A very nice blade indeed!

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/paulcarbonbladereview.jpg

Kaiwen
10-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Hi Kaiwen, I was playing with the Samsonov Stratus Carbon when I first signed to TIBHAR, now I'm using my own TIBHAR Paul Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon blade. Me and Dan will be reviewing it soon!

Thanks Paul ;)

Paul Drinkhall
10-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Wasn't just the deadliness of your strokes, it was also the unpredictability. I had no idea that you were going to play that forehand stroke down the line at 1:35 after you had been looping to Dan's forehand or that Backhand at around the 2 minute mark that you also played down the line. Are you constantly reading the body language of your opponent during a rally? For my level it's sufficient to just concentrate on where the opponent is and what is racket angle is.

Hi Anchorschmidt, Of course you try to disguise your strokes to give your opponent as little time to react as possible. Yes it's something that I practiced a lot many years ago and still do to this day, things like backhand to backhand switch and irregular footwork drills help to develop this!

Killerspintt
10-21-2015, 09:55 PM
Nice review and very fair price for those two blades.

vvk1
10-22-2015, 04:29 PM
I was asked to make up a bat for one of the new players at my club yesterday. The blade is Paul Drinkhall Classic FL and rubbers - BTY Shriver.

The blade looks and feels well made, no rough edges or surfaces anywhere. The edges near the handle are not sanded off, but they don't feel sharp nor bite into the hand. I wouldn't bother with sanding them on this blade (compare that with Stiga Ebenholtz or Xiom Vega Pro where you're better sand off the edges or prepare to grow blisters).

The handle's surface is "grainy" (see above pics), not as smooth as, say, on a BTY Viscaria or an Adidas Hypertouch. But when one holds the bat, you almost don't feel the grain. The handle's shape is standard FL shape, almost identical to Adidas Hypertouch.

Once the rubbers were glued on, the bat felt very well balanced and not heavy at all. I did not play with the bat yet, but based on a couple of bounce tests, it seems to have excellent control, and a decent sweet spot. Does not seem to vibrate a lot, unless you really hit close to an edge. Looping a ball across the room exhibits a sweet medium high arc :-)

Based on first impressions, this is probably not the worst setup for an allround player.

Mar5kid
11-03-2015, 08:23 PM
So how would you choose between the Drinkhall offensive and PowerWood ?

I was thinking of getting the Powerwood blade but now confused by Special offer for Tibhar Drinkhall Allrounder Classic with Q5 VIP rubber at only £65.

https://bribartt.co.uk/product/tibhar-drinkhall-xmas-vip-bat/

I think my decision would have been easier if it was the DrinkHall Offensive blade in the offer. I lean towards offensive forehand and a good combination of both speed and control is preferred.

NextLevel
11-03-2015, 09:08 PM
So how would you choose between the Drinkhall offensive and PowerWood ?

I was thinking of getting the Powerwood blade but now confused by Special offer for Tibhar Drinkhall Allrounder Classic with Q5 VIP rubber at only £65.

https://bribartt.co.uk/product/tibhar-drinkhall-xmas-vip-bat/

I think my decision would have been easier if it was the DrinkHall Offensive blade in the offer. I lean towards offensive forehand and a good combination of both speed and control is preferred.

Send a quiet email asking to Bribart and don't tell anyone what happened until 6 months or more later.

Mar5kid
11-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Send a quiet email asking to Bribart and don't tell anyone what happened until 6 months or more later.

???? Noted.

So Drinkhall offensive with Q5 VIP vs Powerwood with Vega Pro/Vega Eu ?

Similar price. Any opinions ?

guitch
11-04-2015, 02:34 PM
impressed! Great review once again, love it!! :)

vvk1
11-04-2015, 04:05 PM
???? Noted.

So Drinkhall offensive with Q5 VIP vs Powerwood with Vega Pro/Vega Eu ?

Similar price. Any opinions ?

5Q VIP is harder than Vega Europe, but softer than Vega Pro. If you like spinning the ball on both wings and do that equally well, go with 5Q. If your BH is weaker than your FH (or vice versa), go with the Vegas.

TTHopeful
11-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Paul is using his carbon blade in a league match in France

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11148632_10205316224694320_965540621832382976_n.jpg?oh=13acb431d3ebfb87b6999b7e275a5f0f&oe=56B1829D

gmiller2233
08-18-2016, 01:56 AM
Just order the drinkhall allround. Can't wait to get it in. I have been wanting a sold all blade to match up a nice spin set up. My main blade has been a power wood which I just chipped on the table. I will replace it but I was also wondering about the difference between the power wood and drinkhall offensive classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ardenhouse165
08-18-2016, 07:45 AM
Hi Dan / Paul,
I assume you wouldn't recommend the MX-P rubbers on either of these blades in reality for the beginner/intermediate player?
Maybe wait for the Carbon review for that combo.
Other Evolution rubbers possibly better suited to these wood blades.

gmiller2233
08-18-2016, 03:34 PM
I was also wondering if any one knew the wood make up and how thick this blade is. And maybe a ballpark flex and stiffness ratio. I may have missed it but I did not see that listed anywhere.

Thank you,

gmiller2233
08-26-2016, 04:48 PM
The dirnkhall allround is a nice blade btw. I have only played to twice now but so far it feels great. Well done!