Fastest rubber

This user has no status.
Answer: Secret handshake CNT DHS Blue Sponge H3..

65bqmb.jpg

Yours for 600 dollars!

of_course_you_can_trust_me_trollcat_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

[Edit]Realized I have to edit and clarify that im KIDDING![/edit]

Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I would guess M1-Turbo is the fastest.
Through, Acuda S1-Turbo and Coppa X1-Turbo are rated 10++ on speed as well.
On the donic website.
I have not tried the S1-Turbo so I can't say much there appart from I heard it's very good, but if you're going for Bluefire I would pick Jp-01 Turbo ahead of M1-Turbo... Simply because of better feel and control. (which is rated 10+ in speed) There are many other rubbers in the 10+ range, which are also good... Speed isn't everything but, if you're solely aiming for speed I'd say M1-Turbo or S1-Turbo.

Fastest rubber is hard to say. Tenergy 64 is the fastest Tenergy, but I think some Tensors might be faster, without saying that for sure. Someone else would probably be able to answer that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The fastest rubber? Really? Really! And nobody said anything worthwhile or sane? Well, except for Liten!

Where are Der_Echte and NextLevel when they are needed?

Okay, here we go: What rubbers are you currently using? You have said you are using the Donic Ovtcharov CarboSpeed. What rubbers did you have on it?

What level player are you? If someone gives you heavy backspin long to your backhand can you:

a) loop it with your backhand fairly easily?
b) step around your backhand and loop it with your forehand?
c) both of the above decided by tactical choice?

Most higher level players have a preference for some balance in the speed to spin ratio of a rubber. And would not consider speed without considering the speed to spin ratio of a rubber.

For example, there are a lot of pros who choose to use Tenergy 05 over the other Tenergy rubbers even though it is the slowest. It is the slowest but because it has the highest Spin to Speed ratio, you can swing harder, more safely and make your shot go faster and have more spin so that it arcs onto the table. So the slowest Tenergy allows you to hit the ball harder because it generates more spin and allows those shots to be safer.

A lot of the fastest rubbers have a lower throw angle because the speed is the higher factor in the speed to spin ratio. So a rubber with a higher speed in the speed to spin ratio will have a flatter arc and will require more control from the player to get the ball on the table, but those low arc, lower spin, fast shots will be lethal in the hands of someone with top level skill who likes that kind of arc. Trouble is, it makes it much easier to miss the table and for anyone lower than a pretty high level pro, it would also force you to take a much softer, less aggressive stroke.

Now way more top pros use rubbers with a high spin to speed ratio whereas, not so many top pros use a rubber with high speed to spin ratio.

The supreme example of this is in Liten's joke. Often when people are used to Tensor rubbers and they try DHS Hurricane 3 they think, "this rubber is sooooooo slow! Why do the top Chinese players use a rubber that is so slow?" The fact of the matter is that H3 is way up on the spin to speed ratio. Way more spin than speed. But look at what gigantic strokes the top Chinese players are able to make with those slow spinny rubbers! And notice, because of what powerful shots they take, the ball goes faster with the high spin, low speed rubber than the European players get with their fast blades and fast rubbers. Also, the top Chinese players are using blades that are an okay speed. But not blades that are anywhere near the fastest blades in terms of speed.

So, do you really want the fastest rubbers out there? I don't know. Perhaps you should try Stiga Calibra! That fits the category you seem to be looking for.

I would try Tibhar Evolution EL-P or Tenergy 05 instead. Better spin, good enough speed.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And why was I asking for Der_Echte? Well, aside from the fact that his sense of humor is second to none, his stories about using an $8.00 control rubber and what he can do with his BH with that or with Nexy Elpis (another inexpensive, non-Tensor rubber that is noted for control and not for speed or spin). And I promise, he can hit the ball faster with that slow azzed rubber than many would be able to hit with Tenergy. Or would it be for him talking about how he can use a 2 year old, middle of the road rubber on his forehand and still generate lots of spin and pace.

So, why was I asking for NextLevel? Well, it is good when someone can talk common sense, and give the information that will actually help someone, I like that. I think this thread may need a bit of that.

However, often when that happens, the OP in a thread like this, ignores the common sense and gets the fastest thing around in spite of the information presented.

But who knows, perhaps there is a real and valid reason for swayamsd to want the fastest rubber without there being any other qualifications.

I say, Calibra should go perfectly with that Ovtcharov CarboSpeed blade.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Ooooo once more..... Analysing all.... Why not to throw one rubber to the he place.... And btw ....long 5 is one of the fastest blades..... And for me it is dhs h8... And good is also rasant grip ... You have to look for hard sponges to get good speed....but i did not try all rubbers..
But as upsidedowncarl says it depends....

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Those 3 forum members make BH loop kills or Smash shots that are more powerful than 90% of players FOREHANDS...

and NONE of them use a particularly fast rubber there.

Think about that a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Yes this is true. I with rasant beat which is pretty soft had much faster bh then with much faster rubber like omega v euro... The smashing was just ideal...this i can not acomplish (for now ) with omega v.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl