Advice needed.......

Hi Guys

Just a quick question if someone has bought a couple of tenergy rubbers a year ago and used them twice then not used them again until now will the performance of these rubbers dropped if they was kept in a bat wallet with protectors over them?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Good question Pricey.

I have heard once before that when the rubbers are out of the packet and into the air they begin their decay. However i think that's not really the case and not true. I think the rubbers should play fine, I am interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this one.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Once i removed my yasaka mark v rubbers kept them with protective sheets and covers on. The rubber was good but sponge was a bit hard. When i glued it i felt that its speed was decreased but the spin was fine. Don't know what is gonna happen with ur tenergy rubber. Let's see what others say.

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
My short and unproven experience is that it all depends on the initial sponge and rubber quality.
If you take of a DHS rubber and store it in a fridge-bag for a year with some sticky-foil on, take it out, reboost it and give the topsheet a rub with some moisturizer of some sort, that will be a great rubber for months!
But im not sure the euro-rubbers will be as good. I did this with the stiga Boost xt. Feels like it is "done".. :/

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This link will explain why, even in a factory, sitting on a shelf, a rubber begins to break down as soon as it is finished being made. It will also explain ways of slowing that process down or speeding it up. Hints: Liten's freezer bags and foil may be good as long as the rubber does not go in the freezer. :) Things to avoid: heat, cold and open air. But, in the long run, the question is how much will it matter? 20 years is more than 1 year.

https://thoughtsontabletennis.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/introduction-to-table-tennis-chemistry/

Reactions: BeGo and Liten
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tenergy's sponge will gas out in that time. The topsheet will be fine if it only has a few hours and the spong also will not be dead... but the original performance will be 60% or so.

As suggested, a boosting will help it some.

When T05 was $50 USD a sheet, I could use it and replace it every month just fine as my BH rubber was $8 USD but when price jacked up to $80 I gave up the ghost and found Aurus.

It is nice just to slap on a sheet of rubber that lasts a long time and plays well enough without boosting.

Once in a while it might be fun to do this or that to an old sheet of rubber, but all in all, for your competition bat, it is still too much of a hassle, even if it is every few weeks.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Difficult to answer. But I think you will defenetly be able to use your rubbers. It probably won't be avoided that the rubber becomes a bit bader but all in all I think you can use them ;-):)