Butterfly Tenergy 05 or Tibhar Evolution MX-P?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I am a forehand looper. My game is more of spin than speed. I prefer medium-high to high throw rubbers. I am a medium-close distance player.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
At the end of the day, no matter how much you read on the internet, the only way to know for you will be to try them both. I like them both, prefer T05, don't like its price. I actually find EL-P to also be worth trying if you like T05 and find MX-P to be too hard.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sponge hardness preference is important.

One thing I noticed with MX-P, after about 3 weeks of play, either the sponge got softer or I got used to it and started feeling how to get the ball to sink into it. I actually think it may be some of both.

T05 and MX-P are both good rubbers. Whichever one is on your racket is the one to choose. Then next time you can choose the same or the other. And that will be the one to choose.

Sent from GroundZero from my NanoWeaponOfMassDestruction

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
My sponge hardness preference is 47.5-50 degrees in the donic scale

Sent from my vivo X5Max using Tapatalk

MX-P makes more sense then. MX-S would as well, but it might be lower throw than you prefer and have a little less catapult. T05 is a notch softer (closer to 45 degrees). Paul Drinkhall has good reviews of the Evolution series in the Equipment reviews section.

Reactions: Pooh1256
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Both are excellent rubbers, although I slightly prefer Tenergy 05. MX-P is a bit harder and more linear. Basically you largely get out of what you put in which can make it a little more predictable in certain situations than Tenergy 05. Tenergy 05 has more of a catapult feel, especially when you counterloop. Tenergy 05 is great for adding heavy spin and MX-P is perhaps a little better for hitting and driving.

Both are excellent rubbers, although I slightly prefer Tenergy 05. MX-P is a bit harder and more linear. Basically you largely get out of what you put in which can make it a little more predictable in certain situations than Tenergy 05. Tenergy 05 has more of a catapult feel, especially when you counterloop. Tenergy 05 is great for adding heavy spin and MX-P is perhaps a little better for hitting and driving.

Hi Kenny

As you have experience with both of these rubbers I'm looking to switch from Hurricane 3 to a European rubber which of these do you think the best bet would be?
I play an spin based game with loops but I also like to drive.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Oh and does MX-P has a curved ball trajectory like tenergy does? I was so impressed with its curved trajectory when I played with my friend's blade.

This user has no status.
Where did you hear this? That was not the impression I got since he is now with Butterfly, as well as Appolonia, who was also formerly with Tibhar.

I can't find the source but remember reading this in a question asked to him directly. He said he would play with the heaviest MXP or with T05.

This user has no status.
Yesterday i asked my friend coach to assemble my first blade, Jun Mizutani, again but with T05FX on FH and Stiga Calibra LT sound on BH, and i gave it a test, i never felt the same feeling when i am using my favorite racket, i felt it is a bit heavier and slower somehow, maybe i made wrong to use 05FX than 05, but still Tenergy is my favorite rubber.

I have MX-P on Carbonado, it didn't match my DHS racket, but many tested it and liked it more than my DHS racket, so not sure why.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Any answers

MX-P has a good arc, but it is not as high as Tenergy 05 (virtually nothing is). But MX-P has more linear control. This makes it easier to predict when playing with it vs. Tenergy 05 in the short game and many situations where absolute precision is required. That said, if you play with heavy spin and adapt to Tenergy 05, you might be more consistent with it as the catapult and spin can help with taking certain risks when out of position.

You have gotten some pretty good views already. Mr. Lindsay is a pretty high level player and aside from him, all of us have experience with MX-P and Tenergy 05 and our views are all pretty similar. I am sure that what Mr. Lindsay says will be echoed by just about any world class player out there.

I leave the final word to UpsideDownCarl, who said when it comes to choosing between both at our level, the one you choose is the one on your bat at the moment. And since Evolution MX-P is cheaper, it is much easier to start there. If you still feel the desire for Tenergy 05 after that, you will be able to use it if you want to.