Anatomy of a Table Tennis player

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The official youtube channel of the Olympics has just released a superb video talking about the anatomy of a table tennis player. The video is narrated by Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov.

What is the best anatomy for a table tennis player? Watch the video below.

What do you think?

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Among table tennis players , Zhang jike is a good example of a fit body . Every one knows how powerful And FULL OF MUSCLE his legs are . It shows how important it is to have suitable legs for table tennis . But arms are important too... I dont know why dima told he doesnt work so much on his arms !!!!!! He should learn from FZD and ML to have strong arms !!!!

Dima did say in the video why he doesn't work as much on his arms.. Because all the strength he needs for playing TT comes from just that, playing. And because he also gets his arms done whilst doing other things in training.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 4 reviews
The video can only be watched in youtube it seems don't know why.Never mind i agree with dima.long arms are certainly an advantage.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Maybe it makes you a bit better if you have this anatomy but wahat really counts is (like Ovtcharov also said) to train you muscles to become fast and felxible. This perfect anatomy brings you nothing if you are lazy and don't train. Look at Wang Hao: even if he's very well trained he's buildt very broad. Anoter example is Samsonov: he's so big but since years he' s (nearly) in the top 10 of the world. So for me everybody can became good even if his body is bad for the sport (because of your body is very broad or you are very big)