Equipment Advice (Under $100 U.S.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Equipment Advice (10 Months play)

Hi,
I am a 15 year old regional player (only 10 months of play) and am an aggressive looper from both wings, I generally try to kill points within 5 shots.
At the moment I'm using a pre-built premade (if that makes sense). You can see my equipment anyway. The Mercury is Non-tacky which I prefer.
Everyone in my level uses tenergy, or a substitute: Bluefire, Rasant Powergrip, Xiom Vega/Omega etc.
Just saying in advance: I do not have a dealer, a coach or a club.
I would prefer a faster rubber; especially on fh.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are ways to get w setup for under $100.00 but it sounds like, for your level, you probably should get something pretty decent which would cost more than $100.00; or you could listen to BeGo's good advice and save yourself some money and just keep what you already have.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Reactions: NextLevel and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
If you have no preference on brands then it is always a good idea to browse through the Weekly Special and Clearance section in tabletennis11 for reference. One thing for sure is that you won't pay more than you needed with their discount items. Also they change every week so if you can't find anything you like then you know you can always check back later.

For me I would pick the Nittaku Flyatt Carbon Pro and Renanos Soft both sides for around $100 include shipping. Just keep in mind the discount applied will be gone after this weekend.

Reactions: NextLevel and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thanks for the advice everyone, for now I'll buy booster, but I will definitely look at the Tabletennis11 clearance for future reference. Kevin, I can't fine the Mark V for that cheap, it costs around $35 every I've checked. Where did you find it for that cheap?

ttnpp.com has it for relatively cheap, but Mark V is overpriced rubber IMO.

If you want cheap but fairly reliable stuff, your best bet is to look at this website in the US

www.colestt.com

He supplies most of the good Chinese stuff at a decent price. I was reluctant to recommend the site given what you say your peers play with, but I have found Yinhe stuff like Big Dipper and Moon to be pretty decent and better and competitive at the USATT 2000 level. I'm just too old and weak to continue using it.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
My main problem is where I live. Basically, it will cost an extra $25 to ship here plus duty fees 10% and VAT (15%). When I lived in the UK I could have bought a better set up. In all honesty, Amazon is the only place I can really buy from if I want to maximize my budget which is actually nearly $200.
I've read up on the moon (Forums) and it seems inconsistent, some people say it's 90% of a tenergy some say it's horrible, so I'm torn.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
With $200, you really should just buy new rubbers and keep the blade you currently have. Order from Dandoy their 3 for the price of 4 Evolution deal.

Do you mean 4 for the price of 3? I am guessing you must. Because the other way you would be paying more and getting less product.

And I agree, just getting good rubbers and keeping the current blade may be the way to go.

Reactions: BeGo and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Do you mean 4 for the price of 3? I am guessing you must. Because the other way you would be paying more and getting less product.

And I agree, just getting good rubbers and keeping the current blade may be the way to go.

Yeah - I must be in one of those moods where anything I write must make sense even when it doesn't quite :cool:.

And to be honest, without that 4 for 3 deal, I am not sure I would be using Evolution today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I would propose a Butterfly primorac off- ( arround 35€) with two xiom vega elite or europe. It's not to fast and good to learn topspin, fast ones but aswell spinny ones
Good luck :);-)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would propose a Butterfly primorac off- ( arround 35€) with two xiom vega elite or europe. It's not to fast and good to learn topspin, fast ones but aswell spinny ones
Good luck :);-)

This wouldn't match his stated budget and it sounds like this would not be any better than his current setup.

He probably should keep what he has and boost the rubbers, get new rubbers and keep the blade or break down and get something top flight to go with the top flight blade.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Well, I took NextLevel's advice, and bought 2 Tibhar Evolution MXP's. They were very fast and I found it suitable for FH. But for the backhand, it was far too hard, and it didn't feel right. Plus, the set up was heavy, I never weighed it though. So I swapped my blade with the red MX-P for a DHS Carbon blade with a red Bluefire M2. What do you guys think of this setup?