New rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hi.
I'm currently playing with butterfly balsa carbo x5 blade and stiga calibra tour s 1,9 bh/calibra lt 2,0 fh rubbers. The rubbers are getting old so I'm gonna need to buy a new ones.
I have weaker bh, I use it basically only for keeping the ball in game. Fh I play mostly topsins/smashes. I play close to the table most of the time. I'm nearly satisfied with my current setup, but there are things I would like to change. For bh, I feel sometimes it reacts to the spin too much so sometimes my blocks are too long/too high. For fh, I mostly have problem with heavy backspin balls that I can't just play with topspin.
So I was thinking for bh I would order calibra tour h because I think it could solve my problems, but I'm not sure how it will get with this balsa blade because of hard sponge (I read somewhere that hard sponge just doesn't fit with this blade), and for fh, I thought calibra spin/sound or airoc s/airoc astro s could work best. (I think any softer rubber with similar top sheet will work for fh, so I'm mainly asking for advice about my bh)
If you are confused about something I wrote, just ask, and I'll try to explain it better because as non-native speaker I'm not sure about my english and especially table tennis terminology. I hope you'll help me find the best rubbers for me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Your English is good. Everything you have written shows you understand your game. I do not like your rubbers but they seem to suit your game. For backhand, you can also consider cheaper traditional rubber like Dawei XP 2008. If you like tensor, some people like Joola Rhyzm in softer sponge for blocking but you may not like it.

For your BH it's more a matter of speed than an issue with sensitivity to incomming spin : Calibra Tour rubbers are the most insensitive offensive backsides you can find on the market (read this review topic : http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4487-Stiga-Calibra-Tour-Rubber-Review , it's even suggested to be an alternative to short pips).

You should consider a slower rubber on BH imho, and not a faster one like the tour H which I think will just aggravate the situation you describe.

I would suggest T80 for FH and T80fx for BH, based on what you described. But I warn you : it will feel really slow compared to your current setup, at least at the beginning.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
Tour S with 1.9mm sponge is actually quite slow and I think that it is a very good rubber for your bh if your main goal is to keep baal on the table. I haven´t try any Airrocs yet but i could imagine that Airroc astro could be good for you. If you are looking for rubber that is easy to play even tough it´s fastish and has nice spin you could try Donic JP02. I play with Tour S on my bh and JP02 on fh and I´m quite happy with this set up except JP02 could be a little bit faster.

Last edited: