Which Rubbers & Blades Do Pros Use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews

Ma Long- Hurricane Long 5, forehand Hurricane 3 national blue sponge, and on backhand I think Hurricane 3-50
Xu Xin- Stiga intensity NCT, forehand Skyline 2 blue sponge, backhand is a tenergy
Fan Zhendong- Viscaria with Infitity handle, Hurricane 3 blue sponge forehand, Tenergy 05 for backhand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ProPetrov
This user has no status.
Ma Long- Hurricane Long 5, forehand Hurricane 3 national blue sponge, and on backhand I think Hurricane 3-50
Xu Xin- Stiga intensity NCT, forehand Skyline 2 blue sponge, backhand is a tenergy
Fan Zhendong- Viscaria with Infitity handle, Hurricane 3 blue sponge forehand, Tenergy 05 for backhand

Sent using Tapatalk

Hmmmm.... why do so many professionals use Hurricane 3 blue sponge on forehand? What is so good about this rubber?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The real truth is that all the guys on the CNT have these big contracts and say they are using all these special blades and rubbers. But they are all issued the same racket and the untold truth is, they are using the infamous Der_Echte Special with a slight modification. It is:

The Yinhe Galaxy 896 Blade
FH: Yinhe Big Dipper Black
BH: Dawei 2008XP Super Power

All the blades have the handle of their sponsor company. All the FH rubbers say something like DHS H3 and the BH rubber says something like Butterfly T05. But they are really using the 896, Big Dipper and 2008XP.

For under $45.00 you could have exactly what the CNT top pros use!

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hmmmm.... why do so many professionals use Hurricane 3 blue sponge on forehand? What is so good about this rubber?

Only the CNT gets the "real"and best of this rubber, and it's probably the best looping rubber there is especially for the Chinese style. I noticed a lot of shake hand players use the Hurricane, while a lot of pen holders use the Skyline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: violoniste18
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Find a pro who isn't from China who uses H3.

But that is the best marketing scheme ever. Then people buy a regular H3 and wonder why it is so dead. Then they try the Provincial version and wonder why it is so dead. Then they think the National is what the CNT players are really using. Only to find it feels dead also.

Then someone says you have to boost it. So they go about boosting it. And then they have spent a lot of money trying to figure out why CNT uses H3 only to find it is really Big Dipper with a made so that it says DHS H3 label on the topsheet.

No, for real, DHS rubber is good for certain things like if you take a very big swing.

Reactions: Suga D and Rajah*
This user has no status.
The real truth is that all the guys on the CNT have these big contracts and say they are using all these special blades and rubbers. But they are all issued the same racket and the untold truth is, they are using the infamous Der_Echte Special with a slight modification. It is:

The Yinhe Galaxy 896 Blade
FH: Yinhe Big Dipper Black
BH: Dawei 2008XP Super Power

All the blades have the handle of their sponsor company. All the FH rubbers say something like DHS H3 and the BH rubber says something like Butterfly T05. But they are really using the 896, Big Dipper and 2008XP.

For under $45.00 you could have exactly what the CNT top pros use!

So you're basically telling me every table tennis professional player uses the exact same rubbers and blade? Right... and what does CNT mean. Sorry I'm a bit of a noob :/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
So you're basically telling me every table tennis professional player uses the exact same rubbers and blade? Right... and what does CNT mean. Sorry I'm a bit of a noob :/

CNT = Chinese National Team

Carl wants to divert you from thinking about spending tons of money in vain on shady equipment that is allegedly used by CNT pros.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Yep. Ilia is exactly right.

It is likely that whatever they are using is customed and with the blades they had a few hundred to choose from before they chose the few they keep. Also, a lot of the times the pros make it look like they are using one thing but are using something else.

Like, all indications are that Fan Zhendong uses a Butterfly Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle. Now, his sponsor is Stiga. Stiga advertises that he uses an Infinity with some version of Stiga rubber. Why does the guy have a sponsorship from Stiga and not use ANY equipment that they make??????

Also, you will find characters all over the place saying that they are selling things like special DHS National H3 or W968 blades that were custom made for Ma Long and National Haifu Oil and charging lots of money for things that may be okay, but are not what they are said to be.

And that racket setup that I listed, it would be good enough for most of us and a lot less expensive than most TT equipment.

And also, I like joking around and making things entertaining and fun.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
CNT = Chinese National Team

Carl wants to divert you from thinking about spending tons of money in vain on shady equipment that is allegedly used by CNT pros.

Shhhhhh.... we want to let him discover that without help. :D (That you can also pplay well with appropriate gear that doesn't cost two arms and 4 legs.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Shhhhhh.... we want to let him discover that without help. :D (That you can also pplay well with appropriate gear that doesn't cost two arms and 4 legs.

Hahaha. Now we are talking. That's my partner in crime. Der_Echte, tell these guys what we did the last time the goon squad chased us for using pro Tenergy and National H3 on our Viscaria with Infinity handle blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Where is he saying that he wants to know because he wants to buy the same setup as a pro? Maybe it's just interesting to know what they use? It'd be interesting to have a list even though you can find out what each individual player uses with some work.

It's better you guys just be upfront instead. If he does want to spend money on it that's his choice. Either way better to just tell the truth instead of confusing him like you obviously have.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Where is he saying that he wants to know because he wants to buy the same setup as a pro? Maybe it's just interesting to know what they use? It'd be interesting to have a list even though you can find out what each individual player uses with some work.

It's better you guys just be upfront instead. If he does want to spend money on it that's his choice. Either way better to just tell the truth instead of confusing him like you obviously have.

Hey, there is a difference between clowning around and other things. But everyone's got a right to their own opinion. Don't be afraid to voice yours. There is a long, pretty complete thread with an updated list of what all the pros are using though. So feel free to do a search for that. Till then, don't let the goon squad catch you using Pro Tenergy or National H3.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, in reality, most of he CNT is using very small variations on almost the exact same thing. Zhang Jike, Yan An and Fan Zhendong are all using Viscaria with H3 and Tenergy. I believe, at this point they are all using T05. But the version of Tenergy does change from time to time.

Ma Long and Fang Bo are both using the DHS W968 (Hurricane Long V variation) blade with H3 on FH. ML may be using Tenergy or a Hurricane variation for BH and Fang Bo is using T05 which ML definitely used to use.

Xu Xin is using Stiga Intensity blade with TG3 and some version of Tenergy like T05. The differences are much less than the similarities. And I bet if you gave any one of them one of the others blades, it wouldn't take long to get used to, well, except the handle of XX's blade for the others.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

The Japanese and European players are just slightly different. They generally don't use H3 or TG3. They use some version of Tenergy on both the FH and BH.

The blades aren't that different though.

But it is important to understand that table tennis is a sport that is much more about technique than equipment. As long as you understand that, checking out different equipment and EJing out can be fun but it can also cost a lot of money.

Just look at that guy Chen Chen who wants to charge 300 pounds for a blade that, according to him, is a DHS custom W968 so he is charging 175 pounds more than the going rate for a W968 which also may in fact be about 240 pounds too much for the actual blade he is selling. He has H3 Blue Sponge which he says is National which he is trying to charge 200 pounds for. Well most sources that sell H3 National Blue Sponge charge under $100.00 which is A LOT less than 200 pounds. But someone who didn't know that could get fleeced: at best his prices are WAY TOO HIGH, and more than likely, what he has, even if it is real DHS products, they probably aren't "National". And the guy even said he had "National" Haifu Oil, probably more like snake oil.

So there are plenty of ways for scam artists to use what people think the pros are using to separate newbies from their money.

Last edited: