List of all rubber families and their characteristics

I think it will be really neat if we have something like this. Please post basic comparison like this for rubbers in one family that you've tried. I will try to keep updating on the first page.

BUTTERFLY

Tenergy Family:

• 05: Hardest feeling, highest spin, lowest speed.
  • 80: Medium feeling, medium spin, medium speed.
  • 64: Softest feeling, lowest spin, fastest speed.
  • 25: Not sure about this one, nobody uses this rubber probably JKlol. It is said for those who wants strong spin over the table and very spiny serves.
  • fx means the sponge is softer. For example 05fx is Tenergy05 with softer sponge.
  • MORE INFO http://en.butterflymag.com/2015/06/all-about-tenergy-22/

TIBHAR

Evolution Family:

• MX-P: Hardest
  • EL-P: Medium Hard
  • FX-P: Medium Soft
  • MX-S: Hardest Also but this one has a different kind of sponge than the others that has less catapult and a lower throw angle that makes MX-S almost like a Euro/Chinese hybrid where it is halfway in between a Euro catapult rubber and a Chinese Tacky non-catapult rubber.

VICTAS

V>01 Family

• V>01 Stiff: Medium Hard
  • V>01: Medium
  • V>01 Limber: Medium Soft.

Will add later

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hamasaki_Fanz, perhaps this is a technical detail but this is information worth knowing.

All regular Tenergy rubbers have the same sponge and all Tenergy FX rubbers have the same FX sponge.

So, Tenergy 05, 80, 64 and 25 all have the same sponge. Tenergy 05FX has a different sponge than T05 but the sponge on 05FX, 80FX, 64FX and 25FX are all the same.

Where the Tenergy rubbers are different is in the PIMPLE size and PIMPLE STRUCTURE. T25 has short pimples with a very large diameter. They are the largest pimples of the Tenergy series and in fact, the largest pimples I have seen. So it is the Tenergy that feels the hardest because even though the sponge is the same and the rubber in the topsheet is the same, the pimple structure makes it so the topsheet does not give and flex (not sure that is the right word, but, hopefully you know what I mean) as much. 05 has a pretty normal looking pimple structure the pimples are a fairly normal height and diameter.

T64 the pips are taller, thinner and spaced wider apart so they give a softer feel and the topsheet gives and compresses more on contact so the rubber feels softer.

T80 is about half way between 05 and 64 in terms of the height, the diameter and the spacing of the pips.

The same topsheet is used on FX as on the non-FX Tenergy but the FX sponge is softer. The numbers for each Tenergy actually reflect some measurement on each pip structure. I don't know if it is the size of the pip, the diameter or the spacing between the pips.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Hamasaki_Fanz, perhaps this is a technical detail but this is information worth knowing.

All regular Tenergy rubbers have the same sponge and all Tenergy FX rubbers have the same FX sponge.

you're right, I'll edit it out. but the general feeling is 64 softer, 80 between, and 05 harder. I've never tried 25 by myself so I dont know how it feels. My goal is just to give general information how the rubber is compared to their family members :D

Please help me to fill the list :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good edit.

T25 has a much harder feel then the other Tenergy rubbers due to the giant size of the pips. It is hard for the ball to sink into the sponge or topsheet because of how big the pips are which is why it is not as reactive to incoming spin and very good over the table for things like flips and pushing but, also why it is relatively harder to loop from further back since, from further back where you need the ball to sink deeper into the sponge so the topsheet can wrap around the ball and grab more surface area of the ball before propelling it out, T25 can't really do that because of how big the pips are. Which means you have to loop more up and less forward and work harder to loop from back.

Over the table it is a very easy rubber to use. Back from the table it is pretty hard to use.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Evolution Series:
MX-P: Hardest
EL-P: Medium Hard
FX-P: Medium Soft
MX-S: Hardest Also but this one has a different kind of sponge than the others that has less catapult and a lower throw angle that makes MX-S almost like a Euro/Chinese hybrid where it is halfway in between a Euro catapult rubber and a Chinese Tacky non-catapult rubber.