Top 10 Best Points - World Cup 2015

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The World Cup saw many spectacular points, below is a video produced by the iTTF on the greatest points from the recent World Cup! Enjoy!

01) Omar Assar's forehand smash
02) Fan Zhendong's forehand counter topspin
03) Chuang Chih Yuan's forehand sidespin
04) Koki Niwa and Dimitrij Ovtcharov exchange
05) Kristian Karlsson's forehand counter topspin
06) Marcos Freitas backhand
07) Simon Gauzy's defence
08) Simon Gauzy forehand no look shot
09) Ma Long forehand
10) Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Jun Mizutani rally

What was your favourite rally/shot from the 2015 World Cup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
10 was the best, but can anyone explain why Ma Long is twiddling his racket in number 9? He's got backside on both but switches to his red Tenergy (05, I suppose?) at one point. Can anyone explain that? What is on his black side and why would he prefer T05 in that specific situation?
To make it short: you can see many chinese players do this. Mainly 'cause most of them play with a tenergy on bh and a tacky rubber on fh (most likely one from the hurricane fam) which are very good for brush looping full arm swing but not so good at smashing and driving (due to the tack).Hope this s helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: brabhamista
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
LOL. I was trying to figure out why you were calling that shot #9 when in the video it is listed as #2!!!! Then I realized that, even though the video lists them with the first one viewed as #10 and the last one on the video as #1 because it is a top 10 countdown and then, in his post, Dan has given the rallies the inverted number. So the first one appearing in the video, even though the video clearly labels it #10 is listed by Dan as #1. In Dan's system #1 = #10 and #9 = #2 etc. Hahahahaha. Anyone else confused? Hehe.

In the rally with Freitas and Ma Long, which, in the video is listed as #2 and in Dan's list is listed as #9, Ma Long twiddles as soon as he sees Freitas lob. All the CNT players do that as soon as the opponent is lobbing because of exactly what Suga D has already said. When crushing high balls DHS H3 is relatively slow....like....turtle slow. And the red rubber (I believe Ma Long may have gone back to T05 but am not really sure) usually has much more catapult, and so, is much faster for that kind of smash.

Watch any rally with any CNT player and once the ball coming to them is high, they twiddle to the red side and smash with the catapult rubber, not with the tacky rubber.

When Ma Long did twiddle in that rally with Freitas, he does it pretty artfully. It looks darn cool. Haha. The boy has style.

Sent from the Oracle OfDelphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D