Boosting legal or not?

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
VOC-Free Booster Detection

Hi guys!

I've tried in last year boost my rubbers. I've never had such sensation while playing(I'm not from speed gluing era :( ), I didn't need to do almost no strenght on my strokes, and the ball went always extremely fast, thoug with the sponge more softer, that gave me more control too. But this year I think about it, and I thought that was unfair, and I wanted to play with a legal racket, But if my booster(Falco Tempo Booster), is VOC-Free, is it legal? If it isn't how can they detect it? bounce test? Rubber light reflection test?

Thanks in advice guys!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
If its VOC free and in sponge thickness range that is allowed, it is legal. If the rubber is too thick after boosting, it is illegal. It is hard for people to determine if there is boost as professionals use booster too. I don't boost myself but if i were you, i wouldn't boost. I wouldn't boost as it is unfair to other players that don't, and it makes your rubber not last longer. Booster kills your rubber but makes it really good for a short amount of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, actually, I believe that boosting is against the rules regardless of whether it has VOCs or not. The factories can boost. But players are not supposed to boost. The rules don't make sense and nobody pays attention to them but boosting, regardless of what you used for boosting, is against the rules.

Here, here is a video on the subject of how the ITTF has some strange dual standards:

The thing about this video is, it is obviously a joke but most of the info in it are actually pretty accurate.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Is farting right before you do the side change illegal? Some farts can linger for minutes and can be pretty full of VOCs. Will that make the ITTF want to ENEZ my azz? What is it all coming too? First Goon Squads trying to reclaim Ur unauthorized Pro and National versions of rubbers and now this... When is it all gunna end???

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
If its VOC free and in sponge thickness range that is allowed, it is legal. If the rubber is too thick after boosting, it is illegal. It is hard for people to determine if there is boost as professionals use booster too. I don't boost myself but if i were you, i wouldn't boost. I wouldn't boost as it is unfair to other players that don't, and it makes your rubber not last longer. Booster kills your rubber but makes it really good for a short amount of time.

said the guy who created a post on 'what oil can be used as booster' LOL

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have heard that Haifu SeaMoon booster is better than Dianchi. That Dianchi booster is pretty good and both are better than Falco.

But the idea of an optimal sponge hardness and an optimal amount of boost, asked as though those things are the same for everyone, is based on a simple misunderstanding of the fact that each of us are different. Our personal choices, what we like, are different. Our strokes are different. Our impact on contact is different.

For you to figure out what the optimal amount of boost FOR YOU would be, you would need to do some testing. Same with the hardness of the sponge of an H3.

Start testing and tell us what you find.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

This user has no status.
I have heard that Haifu SeaMoon booster is better than Dianchi. That Dianchi booster is pretty good and both are better than Falco.

But the idea of an optimal sponge hardness and an optimal amount of boost, asked as though those things are the same for everyone, is based on a simple misunderstanding of the fact that each of us are different. Our personal choices, what we like, are different. Our strokes are different. Our impact on contact is different.

For you to figure out what the optimal amount of boost FOR YOU would be, you would need to do some testing. Same with the hardness of the sponge of an H3.

Start testing and tell us what you find.

Thanks. As I got up this morning I rethought my question and you've just reinforced my morning thoughts. Lol The optional playing properties are going to be different for each person. And thanks again for letting me know that I got the bottom of the barrel booster. Lol

I will use it up and then try one of the better brands.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think there are people on here who will tell you Falco is good. I got the info I gave about SeaMoon and Dianchi from a friend who boosts and is 2300+. He is a kid though and he is fussy about that stuff. I am sure they all work decently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Thanks. As I got up this morning I rethought my question and you've just reinforced my morning thoughts. Lol The optional playing properties are going to be different for each person. And thanks again for letting me know that I got the bottom of the barrel booster. Lol

I will use it up and then try one of the better brands.

Falco long boost works very well with non chinese rubbers, Haifu SeaMoon and Dianchi is stronger I think and works better on chinese rubbers.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl