Which kind of tenergy is good for what?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Read 1 reviews
Hello guys.
Just wondering which tenergy is good for what?
I've heard that 05 is good for backhand and control on the table.
Anyone here who have used tenergy and what would you recommend and why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Hello guys.
Just wondering which tenergy is good for what?
I've heard that 05 is good for backhand and control on the table.
Yes, apparently many of the top Chinese players use T05 on their backhand. My coach was trained in Beijing and he uses the standard Chinese setup of H3 national on the FH and T05 on the BH.
I have gone through two sets of T05. Both lasted about 2 years. I think it is a very good BH rubber but unless you are a pro I doubt it will make much difference to how you play. I prefer a little harder rubber on my FH. T25 is more firm than T05 because of the larger pimples. It is easy to feel the difference between T05 and T25 but T25 is too fast relative to the spin ( low throw ) for me now but it is a good blocking and hitting rubber if you stick close to the table. I still have T25 mounted on the FH of my Firewall Plus. Sometimes I twiddle to block with the T25 instead of the LP and the opponent gets caught off guard when the ball bounce back quickly with top spin instead of slower with back spin.

I haven't played with any of the FX or 64 rubbers. Just T25 and T05.

Butterfly has some videos of Brian Pace evaluating the different pre FX Tenergys.

My first coach switch from T05 to T25 at the last moment before the state tournament. He lost in the finals and he blamed the T25 because he lost confidence in his loops. The trajectory of the T25 was too flat so he had to be careful not to hit the ball too long or into the net.

T25 is good but not that good. I don't think it is worth $67 or $75 that is being charged now. T25 is certainly not worth the same at T05 unless you really like hitting and blocking close to the table.

BTW, hello from Tianjin China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews