Need more spin after the plastic ball!

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hi guys!

Someone tried DHS Tin Arc 5 Mid Hard or Tin Arc 5 Soft? Or some of Tin Arc Series? I use Tenergy 05 on forehand, but I feel that I lost some spin on loops and on services(my strong point!!) after the change of the ball! With poly ball, I've adopted a more close-to-the-table game, so maybe I could like chinese rubbers, but I dont know :(

Thanks in advice! :D

This user has no status.
Hi guys!

Someone tried DHS Tin Arc 5 Mid Hard or Tin Arc 5 Soft? Or some of Tin Arc Series? I use Tenergy 05 on forehand, but I feel that I lost some spin on loops and on services(my strong point!!) after the change of the ball! With poly ball, I've adopted a more close-to-the-table game, so maybe I could like chinese rubbers, but I dont know :(

If your friend got H3 original or H3 Neo, try it. ;)

Sent from my S5G using Tapatalk

Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Experimenta a Yasaka Rising Dragon. Dá muito bom efeito ;)
Abraço

Não me tinha lembrado dessa! Ainda vou mudar para uma Clipper, é mais lenta que a Viscaria e pode ser que chegue! Mas se não me adaptar talvez experimente uma dessas! Abraço :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

Hi guys!

Tenergy 25 is supposed to be the closest to a Chinese style rubber of the series. If someone you know has it on a blade, try it.

Apart from Yasaka's Rising Dragon, other possibilities are Tibhar's MX-S or Xiom Omega V Asia or Adidas P7.

As always, try before you buy!

Kindest regards,

James

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

I've had some good results changing to H3 NEO myself since the new ball came out, I would give it a try if I were you :)
I thought that H8 was for the new ball, whereas H3 was for the old one?

Have you tried it? Might it not be a better option!?

Kindest regards,

James

This user has no status.
Eu já usei a Omega V Euro com as novas bolas de plástico e ela é muito boa. Durabilidade dela é ótima também.
Adidas P7 é boa, mas agora está dificil de achar e se o tempo tiver úmido ela não fica nada boa.
A Rising Dragon é muito boa também, corroboro a recomendação dela. Rakza X está no meio das citadas porém o peso dela e a imprevisibilidade do bloqueio dela é algo a se considerar.
--
Opa, eu esqueci de mencionar as borrachas da Nittaku.
Estou a usar a Fastarc G-1, muito parecida com a P7 mas mais previsivel e com grip melhor. Ela é bem dura mas com topsheet elástico, meus saques ficaram muito mais pesados com ela, tanto com a celuloide quanto com a de plastico.
Há a nova versao dela para as bolinhas de plastico, a Fastarc P-1. Testei ela apenas por um breve momento mas digo que compartilha grande partes das caracteristicas da G-1.

----------------------
Ive used Omega V Euro with the new ball and it is very good! Lifespan also good.
Adidas P7 is amazing but now is getting difficult to get your hand in one and if the weather is humid it becomes really bad.
Rising Dragon is also very good, i corroborate its recommendation. Rakza X is among of those but with its weight and unprectability on blocks is something to consider.

Oh, i forgot to mention Nittaku rubbers.
Ive been using Fastarc G-1, it is similar to P7 but more predictable and better grip. It is very hard but with an elastic topsheet, my serves became much more heavy and controlled with it, using either celluloid or plastic.
There is its new version, Fastarc P-1. I tested it just for a moment but i say it shares a lot of G-1 characteristics.

Last edited:
says Ok. If you're interested tell me something. Regards
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
A Yasaka Rising Dragon precisa de ser bem batida pois é chinesa, e nas primeiras horas de treino ainda fica muito dura. Sei disso pq experimentei uma já mais batida e ficava mais mole (sem booster).
Tem boa velocidade.
As que o Paccheco disse nunca experimentei, mas também ouvi falar bem das Xiom Omega V

Reactions: Paccheco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
In terms of spin Yasaka Rising Dragon is really great! BUT, I don't think the rubber is your problem.. You just need to be patient and to change some of your serves somehow. The point of contact or the wrist impact.. Tenergy 05 is still a very capable rubber! Even with the 40+ balls.

May 2013
Read 3 reviews
Maybe there will be some developments in terms of balls characteristics and perhaps they will become better.
Spin was also different when the ball went from 38mm to 40mm
In time rubber and ball suppliers may find something close to "old" spin
But they will charge that on us...

Eu já usei a Omega V Euro com as novas bolas de plástico e ela é muito boa. Durabilidade dela é ótima também.
Adidas P7 é boa, mas agora está dificil de achar e se o tempo tiver úmido ela não fica nada boa.
A Rising Dragon é muito boa também, corroboro a recomendação dela. Rakza X está no meio das citadas porém o peso dela e a imprevisibilidade do bloqueio dela é algo a se considerar.
--
Opa, eu esqueci de mencionar as borrachas da Nittaku.
Estou a usar a Fastarc G-1, muito parecida com a P7 mas mais previsivel e com grip melhor. Ela é bem dura mas com topsheet elástico, meus saques ficaram muito mais pesados com ela, tanto com a celuloide quanto com a de plastico.
Há a nova versao dela para as bolinhas de plastico, a Fastarc P-1. Testei ela apenas por um breve momento mas digo que compartilha grande partes das caracteristicas da G-1.

----------------------
Ive used Omega V Euro with the new ball and it is very good! Lifespan also good.
Adidas P7 is amazing but now is getting difficult to get your hand in one and if the weather is humid it becomes really bad.
Rising Dragon is also very good, i corroborate its recommendation. Rakza X is among of those but with its weight and unprectability on blocks is something to consider.

Oh, i forgot to mention Nittaku rubbers.
Ive been using Fastarc G-1, it is similar to P7 but more predictable and better grip. It is very hard but with an elastic topsheet, my serves became much more heavy and controlled with it, using either celluloid or plastic.
There is its new version, Fastarc P-1. I tested it just for a moment but i say it shares a lot of G-1 characteristics.
Thanks a lot for translating.
I hand't considered that some rubbers are influenced more from humid conditions than other I thought all rubbers loose their spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I have moved from Stiga Calibra LT to Stiga Tour M to H3Neo to H8 to Stiga Airoc Astro M on my FH

I find that Stiga Airoc Astro M has good spin and speed.

The reason that I moved from H3Neo was because
1. It needed extra effort to produce fast spinny topspins, and because I dont practice regularly, timing goes off. Gets worse playing away from the table.
2. Sponge is hard so its less forgiving and needs more precise timing. Over the table topspins are hard to execute.
3. In winter, the rubber/sponge feels harder, and needs to be warmed up for best performance.
4. Reactive to incoming spin

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dragan Glas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

I have moved from Stiga Calibra LT to Stiga Tour M to H3Neo to H8 to Stiga Airoc Astro M on my FH

I find that Stiga Airoc Astro M has good spin and speed.

The reason that I moved from H3Neo was because
1. It needed extra effort to produce fast spinny topspins, and because I dont practice regularly, timing goes off. Gets worse playing away from the table.
2. Sponge is hard so its less forgiving and needs more precise timing. Over the table topspins are hard to execute.
3. In winter, the rubber/sponge feels harder, and needs to be warmed up for best performance.
4. Reactive to incoming spin

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Chinese-style rubbers need the use of the wrist more over-the-table, like with a flick. As you've discovered, and point out, you need more of an effort with your arm/wrist with them to generate the same spin as you'd get with a European "Tensor"-style rubber.

Kindest regards,

James

This user has no status.
Greetings,

Tenergy 25 is supposed to be the closest to a Chinese style rubber of the series. If someone you know has it on a blade, try it.

Apart from Yasaka's Rising Dragon, other possibilities are Tibhar's MX-S or Xiom Omega V Asia or Adidas P7.

As always, try before you buy!

Kindest regards,

James

Very difficult to try before you buy in the UK