Fake Tenergy

This user has no status.
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
The pic in that page is definitely of a fake. Real tenergy never has a removable protection film supplied with it, and it's a dead give away. Now that's not to say that the rubber won't be real when it arrives - it might just be a pic the seller took from another source. But it doesn't bode well for your friend.

You can't really tell much else from the other picture. Authentic sheets are supplied in a packaging wrapper with a holographic print, and there is a laser-cut code on the sponge. You can check that when the rubber arrives I suppose, if he's already ordered one.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One thing to know, in addition to Andy's great info, if new Tenergy is being sold for that low a price, it can't be coming from an authorized distributor and an authorized distributor could only ship to certain areas or they would get bounced by Butterfly who wants to control prices within specific regions and markets.

So, it is highly unlikely that this is the real stuff. In other words: BUY AT YOUR OWN (or in this case, your friend's own) RISK! [emoji2]

Great info Andy! Thanks.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
i got it from tt-japan with no plastic film and higher price
but as you see this has good price but i`m still doubt it is fake
+1 for AndySmith's post. What he told are the way that Butterfly try to avoid their product being counterfeited.
If you want to investigate the product some more you could try to get the seller to send you some pictures. If the seller acts dodgy, run for your life!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I actually was sold fake Tenergy once by a Butterfly dealer.

Hopefully you reported him to Butterfly and they sent the goon squad to take care of him.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

This user has no status.
I have a post from this summer about this listing :

I have also found a fake, but a way more dangerous Tenergy fake.

The first impression isn't so bad : it costs 53$ or 47 euros which isn't so far from the normal price, just a little bit cheaper - the price doesn't make you think that it's definitely a fake, and you are tempted to buy it until it's on sale. Not so many pro players have read the Butterfly article about how to spot Butterfly fakes.

So let's take a closer look. First of all, on the first image we can see clearly that on the front side of the package, on the left side, we can see the topsheet of the rubber. Genuine Tenergies are turned so we can see the orange sponge on the front side of the package. Then we take a look at the second image. We can see that the rubber has a protective film on it. Genuine Tenergies have no protective film on them.

You still wanna buy one of those "Tenergies"? I just can hope that the ones who bought 34 of those will get their money back and that no one else will spend so much money on a fake.

As for me, no way to catch me into that curse, I wouldn't spend 52$ even on a genuine Tenergy haha...

attachment.php
attachment.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Don't understand the language but he seems to be doing pretty well with the fake rubber in the video. Is it the lighting or the colour of sponge is actually yellow? There are "better" fakes with similar sponge colour to the original but only in looks. A $5 rubber selling for $50+ and I wonder if anyone has ever been prosecuted for selling fake Tenergy online. Too bad this "profitable" business just seems unstoppable.

Last edited: