Yeo and h3neo !

This user has no status.
Hey guys!
Read so much about chinese rubbers that i couldn't resist myself from getting one. Hence i got two set ups.
1. Yasaka Ma lin extra offensive - h3neo black; lkt rapid speed red.
2. Dhs pg7- skyline 3 neo black;lkt rapid speed red.
Now using both set ups,i found 1 to be suitable as it was slow,as i needed control. But the problem was as all have said,inconsistencies in commercial grade rubbers of dhs.
The sponge is brick hard,which is not a problem,but rubber is not that much predictable to play. So what should I do?
Either to play for some time and let the sponge soften a little. Or use speed glue kind of,,here people tend to use Omni glue,,which is tyre puncture glue for cycles, which boosts rubbers slightly,and softens them. But since I don't know about chinese rubbers,I am afraid, as I might degrade them. Pls help me here.
I am intermediate player,,playing in college, and yes my footwork is not the best,but I am trying to improve as that's required in chinese rubbers.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
For C H3NEO you will need good 5-10 hours of play to break it. If you want to soften the sponge there is a bunch of booster and oils. For the topsheet, there also some oils but if you are inexperied, try to soften it with some smashes :p
There is a huge thread here about boosting, let me see if i can find it.

Found them!
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?11087-Boosters-how-to-use
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?7712-Boosting-with-baby-oil
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10371-Boosting-Neo-Hurricane-3

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I have a c-pen YEO. H3 Neo should work well without boosting. Ditto the comments about the YEO not being slow. I agree that H3 or H3 Neo should be fast enough unless you are an upper level player. I have H2 commercial mounted on my c-open. It is fast enough.

Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
I agree ! I did play today,and involved my footwork more,,could play better. Since I am coming from european rubbers,I am having hard time. But yes I am slowly improving ! If anyone could suggest me the techniques I need to develop or changes I need to do,would like it!
Also,if someone has idea, is lkt rapid speed good enough for backhand openings,like Fan Zhendong does? Maybe my rubber hasn't been broken in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
I have same blade in shake hand in it has very good power to me. I use Skyline 3 because it is a little easier to use. I had skyline 2 before. I read that I probably should have used Skyline 2 instead. I do like these chinese rubber. There is another called Friendship Battle II that is popular as well and maybe better.

Reactions: achalwins94
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I agree ! I did play today,and involved my footwork more,,could play better. Since I am coming from european rubbers,I am having hard time. But yes I am slowly improving ! If anyone could suggest me the techniques I need to develop or changes I need to do,would like it!
Also,if someone has idea, is lkt rapid speed good enough for backhand openings,like Fan Zhendong does? Maybe my rubber hasn't been broken in.

First of all: The rubber ain't what makes FZD so good at backhand openings..

Second: Yes, it's good enough, are you? ;)

This user has no status.
First of all: The rubber ain't what makes FZD so good at backhand openings..

Second: Yes, it's good enough, are you? ;)
Haha Anders ! Not like FZD but yeah,,good enough. Still, learning is what one should do continuosly and that is what I like to do it !

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am guessing you got somewhat used to H3 by now. It is a big switch from Euro catapult rubbers to H3.

Taking a topsheet off one rubber and gluing it onto a different sponge is not so easy. Do you have the sponge already? Is the sponge separate or does it have a topsheet on it that you also need to take off.

Too much fuss for me. Hope things go well with that experiment.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

This user has no status.
No,the sponge is not separated from its topsheet. Also wanted advice which sponge to get as I want a med-hard sponge.
Now I too think that this is just time pass. I am just too kind to my old things, I don't like to give up on them, as they have been so good in the past, hence I just want to revive and modify a little bit. I think instead of experimenting, should give my old set up to any junior. Atleast they would use it happily.
But if anyone tried removing topsheet from the sponge and new sponges,available in market, which are of good quality...
Haha, I am lil crazy, I know

This user has no status.
Yeah upsideDowncarl, almost got used. Have got exams, hence haven't played for quite some time. But I have used adidas p5 also,which have been compared with t05, but I must say, h3 neo is different, but I can sense greatness in this rubber, just need to understand properly,,tame it. Then lets hope I defeat those champion guys in my college [emoji14]