How do you cut your rubber?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Scissors or Fresh clip of razor...

Sometimes... for the LULZ... try using this...

Bosch-12V-Circular-Saw.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Scissors or Fresh clip of razor...

Sometimes... for the LULZ... try using this...

View attachment 8515

Hahaha. That is just what I thought you were using. I think I have used the same one a few times.

I like using a scissor. It is fast and easy. If it is a sharp scissor, it goes well. It takes some practice to start it off well with scissors. But after a few it gets easier and easier.

If you have one of the large X-Acto knives with a handle like a screwdriver they work better. [edit: Better than the smaller X-Acto knives]. Also, there is one X-Acto blade that is for what they call "Trimming and Carving" that is only for the larger screwdriver handle size that works better than the other X-Acto blades. But using a knife is too fussy for me since I can get a cut that is just fine in about 30 seconds (going slow and careful) with a scissor.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Chain saws already mentioned are effective but sometimes upset the wife and kids (or campus authorities) when used to cut rubber while watching TV or drinking beer. Also, preparing the fuel for the two-cycle engines is annoying.

So if that is a problem at your house, or dorm, I have never found anything that works as well as these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Roberts-...g-Shears-High-Carbon-Steel-10-586-3/100095042

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D