an idea for improving services

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
haha it seems really funny. My way of practicing placement on my serves is setting the empty bucket @ where the ball is going to fall and then just focus on my 1st/2nd bounce placement. Its really hard at the begining but once you get the hang of it you spend less and less time gathering balls which means your success ratio is getting higher!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If you have a robot, you can use the collecting net. Or you can also buy a pingpongbuddy as it picks up balls fast.

I prefer to practice at my club without my robot net collecting serves because you learn about the quality of your serve by seeing the full trajectory even when it comes off the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
There is some benefit to practicing the action without the table to for refining the wrist movement and working on getting the ball to have more spin.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

You unlocked my mind a little. I never made the connection between the floor serve and the table serve trajectory fully until now. Now I can see that part of the reason I like to watch my table serve complete its travel after the serve is over is because I know what the floor serve pattern is and I am looking for it.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You unlocked my mind a little. I never made the connection between the floor serve and the table serve trajectory fully until now. Now I can see that part of the reason I like to watch my table serve complete its travel after the serve is over is because I know what the floor serve pattern is and I am looking for it.

NextLevel, do me a favor and have a look at bobpuls' other thread on serving where he has videos. When I saw and commented on it, it made me think of you and how you would have some helpful suggestions to help Bob improve his serves.

I know you are pretty good with this kind of technique work. So I am glad you found this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NextLevel, do me a favor and have a look at bobpuls' other thread on serving where he has videos. When I saw and commented on it, it made me think of you and how you would have some helpful suggestions to help Bob improve his serves.

I know you are pretty good with this kind of technique work. So I am glad you found this thread.

Will do - maybe someone well get something out of it ;).

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl