Disaster strikes - my bat case stolen!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I'm after a little advice on a whole new set after my bat case was stolen from my car last night; i'd just lost 3-2 in a match after being 2-0 up...it doesn't get any worse, all trainning is now postponed until I get sorted with a new blade and rubbers.

I had a Butterfly Korbel blade, FH Rakza 7, BH Calibra soft
I also had a Butterfly Alan Cooke blade (irreplacable)

So, I had an attacking set up, I felt the Calibra was maybe a little quick for my backhand mainly due to my poor technique but could benefit from a little more control, but I love the speed of calibra.

I don't want a faster blade than the Korbel, but am in the habit of changing my shakehand grip from high up on the backhand, thumb planted in the bottom edge of the rubber, switching to loosened grip hand further down the straight handle. I could use a blade that has a smooth handle that won't hinder my grip changes.

I was trailling the Rakza 7 on my FH and was enjoying the speed and spin.

TTD people, i'm sorry about my sob story, but can you advise me on a new set up?

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Sorry for your lost (sound like your cat just died)..:) yup, it's unexpected, and it's a great lost. But look on the bright side..you get to shop for a new bat!!! Heck of an excuse, don't you think?
A mate in my club has a grip like yours, looser and with the thumb on the handle. He uses a lot of wrist work..a lot of spin in his shots, FH & BH. He uses butterfly kumpuru blade with calibra sound on the FH, and Tibhar DTecs on BH.

Mar 2011
Kumpuru is a slower blade with carbon, and it's not that expensive if you are on a tight budget. It offers control and feel, and immense spin/loop in slow games and has power when you let it rip far from the table. Certainly not as fast as your Korbel. Calibra LT Sound is softer. The Alan Cooke bat, sorry about that mate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Thanks for the advice guys, I don't think the Kumpuru blade is available here in the UK so would need to import. My local retailer is a TSP agent and has Agrit rubbers in stock. Anyone tried these? I was really enjoying Rakza 7 before I got robbed!