Blade Advise needed

This user has no status.
rubber Advise needed

Hey everyone,
probably i'm going to buy a pair of new rubber this week and would love to see what you recommend
I quit like hardness and speed of my current setup, but what I really need is more spin, surely I can cope with a bit higher or lower speed, but hardness, maybe something harder but there's no way that I go for anything softer

As I'm sure that Carl is going to ask about my level and if I can loop on both sides! YUP!! I can say that I can loop almost 90% of shots on FH and 60% on BH if there's backspin on the ball.
I like to keep my loops spinny and medium speed most of the times

what I'm looking for? something spinnier for FH maybe lower speed, maybe I stick with the bluefire on BH.
I'm all ears to your suggestions :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
For your TBS? The common suggestions would be 2x Vega pro, Omega V Asia&Pro, T05&T64, Cornilleau Target Pro 47&50 (not common but very good)

But why are you changing besides it worned out? Want something softer? Spinner? different throw? Longer or shorter trajectory? The list is immense, help us narrowing it down. :eek:

--
After op's edit.

--
A spinny and slightly slower FH would be Fastarc G-1. It has monstruous spin and yet not bouncy in shortgame. It is 47-48 degrees but with a soft feel. Very easy to engage sponge.
There is also rakza 7, but it is 45 degrees and a bit bouncy.
Vega Asia is another spinny controlled rubber. Softish topsheet with hard sponge. But suffers alot with humid weather and is fragile.
Last but not least, there is the Evolution series from Tibhar. Never tried them more than 10min but i really like it and everyone here seems to like it as well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
For your TBS? The common suggestions would be 2x Vega pro, Omega V Asia&Pro, T05&T64, Cornilleau Target Pro 47&50 (not common but very good)

But why are you changing besides it worned out? Want something softer? Spinner? different throw? Longer or shorter trajectory? The list is immense, help us narrowing it down. :eek:

Just edited the first post

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Whats your playing style?

Do you like soft sponge with a grippy topsheet? if so go for rasant grip. or fx-p
Do you like Hard sponge with a grippy topsheet? go for mx-p
do you like a soft topsheet AND a soft sponge? go for bluefire m3
soft topsheet and HARD sponge? try m1
Hard topsheet and hard sponge? go hurricane 3 or tibhar evolution mx-s

if you describe your playing style let us know not only if you're a two winged looper but if you power loop or go for a more of a spinny/soft loop. maybe post a video. all information can help

Reactions: artemis
This user has no status.
Whats your playing style?

Do you like soft sponge with a grippy topsheet? if so go for rasant grip. or fx-p
Do you like Hard sponge with a grippy topsheet? go for mx-p
do you like a soft topsheet AND a soft sponge? go for bluefire m3
soft topsheet and HARD sponge? try m1
Hard topsheet and hard sponge? go hurricane 3 or tibhar evolution mx-s

if you describe your playing style let us know not only if you're a two winged looper but if you power loop or go for a more of a spinny/soft loop. maybe post a video. all information can help

I play close / mid-range, I like to finish the point with a 4th or 3rd ball loop
i've tried chinese tacky rubbers like H3 but no way that I play with them anymore, I don't have the footwork needed
maybe a medium sponge with a grippier top sheet :confused:
so I think your last 3 suggestions aren't what I need and I maybe second one...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
mx-p is a very good choice for most looping players. if money isn't an issue just go all out and do Tenergy 05. you said you play close/mid-range and finish with a loop. what level player are you? if you're consistantly finishing with the 3rd or 4th ball loop, im assuming it's a power loop opposed to a slow spinny loop or a faster less spinny loop. is my assumption correct? if so mx-p sounds like the best option to me.

This user has no status.
mx-p is a very good choice for most looping players. if money isn't an issue just go all out and do Tenergy 05. you said you play close/mid-range and finish with a loop. what level player are you? if you're consistantly finishing with the 3rd or 4th ball loop, im assuming it's a power loop opposed to a slow spinny loop or a faster less spinny loop. is my assumption correct? if so mx-p sounds like the best option to me.

Yup U surely can call it a power loop but my point it is that speed wasn't that high spin is more important to me in loops
Money isn't a big deal I can afford T05 but I'm afraid that it would be too bouncy
Been considering BTY spinart! Any idea? Isn't it too hard??
Yeah, these evolution series seems like a good deal
And about my level! What am I supposed to say? A bit lower than MA LONG?? :p

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
If you go for more of a spinny loop then you are probably more of the type of player who grazes the ball more consistently than hitting. As a player who grazes the ball more t05 wont feel very springy to you and i think youll be very comfortable after a day of playing with it.

This user has no status.
If you go for more of a spinny loop then you are probably more of the type of player who grazes the ball more consistently than hitting. As a player who grazes the first ball more t05 wont feel very springy to you and i think youll be very comfortable after a day of playing with it.
Yeah about that grazing thing you said!! That's exactly what I do, I just couldn't explain it
I really think that T05 would be good
But after reading a few reviews of BTY spinart, I came to realize that it might be better for me!!
They all agreed that spinart is better than T05 in first 3-4 balls and coz my play style isn't about long rallies maybe it would suit me better
So it's probably gonna be T05 or spinart for FH
Any idea for BH??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hi artemis i agree with Shuki about the 05 on fh. Once u know how to graze the ball speedy rubbers are not needed. I was about to suggest the same. About your bh rubber may i ask what do u prefer on it, med medhard hard or soft on bh so you could do daijo and chiquita? In a way our members could breakdown rubers specifications.
About spinart, i have used it before and compaeed it with t05. For me spinart has short lifespan about 2months then topsheet is not that good anymore. (Everyday use of about 4 to 6hrs). T05 lifespan can extend up to 4months topsheet is still good for grazing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi artemis i agree with Shuki about the 05 on fh. Once u know how to graze the ball speedy rubbers are not needed. I was about to suggest the same. About your bh rubber may i ask what do u prefer on it, med medhard hard or soft on bh so you could do daijo and chiquita? In a way our members could breakdown rubers specifications.
About spinart, i have used it before and compaeed it with t05. For me spinart has short lifespan about 2months then topsheet is not that good anymore. (Everyday use of about 4 to 6hrs). T05 lifespan can extend up to 4months topsheet is still good for grazing.

What an honor, I can actually talk to someone that used spinart!!! So they both have the same price, spinart maybe a bit better than T05 in the first balls but endurance is half of Tenergy? Now I'm pretty sure that I should buy T05
I like this bluefire gp01 hardness (med-hard) for BH I can perform both daijo and Chiquita, not perfect, but does the job for me.
Maybe I'll just stick with it for a month or two and then buy a new BH rubber
What do you recommend?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

My last Spinart lasted almost a full season. (From september to may). But only played 10 - 15 hours per week and also used rubber protection sheets and good storage. My BH rubber was and still is T05.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
My last Spinart lasted almost a full season. (From september to may). But only played 10 - 15 hours per week and also used rubber protection sheets and good storage. My BH rubber was and still is T05.

And would you please compare it to T05?
If they last the same I really have no idea which one should I buy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hi uhmm ok its like this. The reason why i said spin art only lasted 2months for us is because players use it everyday on a high intensity training sequence, multiball feeding etc. By 9 to 10 month the topsheet is not that responsive at mid distance anymore. As compared to 05 even after 3months you can still feel the ball when you graze. Spinart is more like a looping, counter topspin attack on close table distance, med to low arc ball . If you are after on getting the ball into safety i prefer you try 05.

Hi Suga! Artemis ask suga how he manage to prolong the life of his spinart.

Artemis have you tried 05 on both sides? Since you are use to having a med hardness on bh side i wouldnt say
" ohhhhhh try 05fx" but even Carl would agree that 05 fx is good at bh [emoji4]

Bluefire is fine,may i ask what makes you want to change it for somethin else?

On 05 lets say you will only appreciate the beauty of it if you play more active than passive blocking, meaning give it alil brush everytime you hit to activate the spring tech. On spinart you are required to really brush and press the ball.

Look into xiom sigma II euro for bh, ive been using it for 1 and a half year now, i decided to use it since its med throw and works better on my style of play on bh side doing counter to counter topspin attack rally. 05 is good, its just that i dont like high arc on bh,i want the ball spinny direct and fast. Personal preference.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi uhmm ok its like this. The reason why i said spin art only lasted 2months for us is because players use it everyday on a high intensity training sequence, multiball feeding etc. By 9 to 10 month the topsheet is not that responsive at mid distance anymore. As compared to 05 even after 3months you can still feel the ball when you graze. Spinart is more like a looping, counter topspin attack on close table distance, med to low arc ball . If you are after on getting the ball into safety i prefer you try 05.

Hi Suga! Artemis ask suga how he manage to prolong the life of his spinart.

Artemis have you tried 05 on both sides? Since you are use to having a med hardness on bh side i wouldnt say
" ohhhhhh try 05fx" but even Carl would agree that 05 fx is good at bh ????.

Bluefire is fine,may i ask what makes you want to decide to change it for somethin else?

First of all, did you protected your spinart with protectors? As it has a slightly tacky topsheet I think it's necessary
T05, I tried it like 4 years ago with my Primorac off- and it was just awesome, But as you know my current blade is way harder than that, maybe I'm overthinking but Im afraid that it would be too bouncy for my close range gameplay.
before my current bluefire I tried T64!! It was terrible couldn't stand it more than 2 weeks!!!
I really like more spin for my FH but my BH for now its just ok, but I'm sure that either T05 and T05-FX would work great for my BH
As my current rubbers aren't too old (about 2months) maybe I just stick with it for another month or two and then go for a Tenergy or another bluefire

Thanks for your advises by the way :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Yah but rubber protector wont help much if we are hitting like 800balls every 25mins.
I was never a fan of t64, to fast for me and the delayed timing on hitting the ball on t64 will make the ball float due to pips structure,so its not for me.

Its okay its really better to ask around and get diffrent info and preference vs playing style. More like brainstorming thing and also visit some reviews.
We do have a collegiate player who use bluefire on both sides and plays beastmode on training and tournaments. Current defending champs for 2yrs now. Bluefire is still ok with polyballs.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yah but rubber protector wont help much if we are hitting like 800balls every 25mins.
I was never a fan of t64, to fast for me and the delayed timing on hitting the ball on t64 will make the ball float due to pips structure,so its not for me.

Its okay its really better to ask around and get diffrent info and preference vs playing style. More like brainstorming thing and also visit some reviews.
We do have a collegiate player who use bluefire on both sides and plays beastmode on training and tournaments. Current defending champs for 2yrs now. Bluefire is still ok with polyballs.

800 balls every 25mins!! Thats nasty!!
But as you used both T05 and spinart would you compare them??
After a couple of reviews I think T05 is better for rallies and spinart is better for the 4-5 balls do you aree with that?
And spinart with my TBS... Isn't that going to be too hard??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Nonstop ball feed from our mentor, the sequence is insane and the only rest we have is to get the footwork on the right timing. More heavy spin on 05 with less effort, u can equally give the same heavy spin on spinart but with more effort. I prefer spinart for passive blocking quick punch and near table countertopspin. I prefer to play 05 on heavy serve touchplay then take the ball into a rally on mid distance. For quick plays i think spinart is better 3 to 4balls its done. For us spinners i myself prefer to take the ball to a rally specially if my opponent is good at blocking and punching let heavy spins eat him.
Tbs is a verygood blade, any rubbers will fit into it.

This user has no status.
Nonstop ball feed from our mentor, the sequence is insane and the only rest we have is to get the footwork on the right timing. More heavy spin on 05 with less effort, u can equally give the same heavy spin on spinart but with more effort. I prefer spinart for passive blocking quick punch and near table countertopspin. I prefer to play 05 on heavy serve touchplay then take the ball into a rally on mid distance. For quick plays i think spinart is better 3 to 4balls its done. For us spinners i myself prefer to take the ball to a rally specially if my opponent is good at blocking and punching let heavy spins eat him.
Tbs is a verygood blade, any rubbers will fit into it.

So after all its probably going to be a T05 for FH and after a month another one for BH

Many thanks :)

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.