PDA

View Full Version : Green Flooring at Rio Olympics 2016!

TableTennisDaily
11-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Last week saw the Rio Olympic Test Event where fans could see how the venue will look like. The table as always looks great and is a big attraction, however fans shifted their attention to the Green Flooring. The new all green flooring has been requested by the organisation of Rio 2016. This is the first time green flooring will be used.

The ITTF expressed, "the green colour was picked in a petition by the organisation of the Rio 2016 Olympics, not just table tennis but other sports will use this floor colour to".

Steve Dainton the ITTF Marketing Director spoke about the new colour and explained, "the green floor is from Tinsue the supplier company and it looks great on TV. We received positive feedback from the players to and the colour works well with the San Ei tables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKsjd6IKxEw

What do you all think of the new green flooring?

Reaper
11-24-2015, 04:14 PM
seems like a mistake, It looks better on video when there's a contrast between the table an the floor

silvershamaa
11-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Actually, this is the beginning of a true prophecy. Ever since 2013, I, along with several others, had imagined that Rio 2016 will feature a bright green flooring. The prophecy also showed that Japan will win some form of gold medal, possibly involving Jun Mizutani.

Mikael Berglund
11-24-2015, 08:39 PM
I dislike the color, I think that the classic red one is the best. The green is dull and looks like the 70s. Sorry.

violoniste18
11-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Green is my favorite color but on the video, the table looks light green ? i guess classical blue with yellow ball will show a better contrast

allencorn
11-26-2015, 05:46 AM
It looks like a green screen that weather forecasters use - maybe through some high tech CGI they will add interesting stuff to the floor.

VicVoc32
11-26-2015, 08:01 AM
I like red more but maybe I will like the green more after a while. It may take some time getting used to

Suga D
11-26-2015, 11:52 AM
It doesn't look bad, but as Reaper already pointed out, i really miss the contrast.

TTHopeful
12-01-2015, 09:56 AM
It doesn't look bad, but as Reaper already pointed out, i really miss the contrast.

Same. I am not a big fan from what I have seen so far! bring back red

ttbatman
12-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Green doesn't look like it's going to help the cameras. Either need to change it or change the table colour to something more contrasting.