Lightweight Off- Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Hey, I'm a very offensive player who likes the speed above anything else. I bought a Optimum Carbo off a friend and have used it for a while now, but it doesn't feel all that comfortable for me, especially the grip. I've learned that you don't need a really fast blade to play with a lot of speed, and I think a slightly slower blade will benefit me.
I think I want to try a new blade. It should be light(!) and have a longer dwell time than Optimum Carbo, but still be great for an attacking style.

From what I've read, Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 seems like the right choice for me, what does Tabletennisdaily say?
I currently use Calibra LT Sound on FH and Boost TC on BH, but I plan on switching my BH to Boost TX or Calibra Plus.

Last edited:
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
John is right, those rubbers are heavy, since I use Calibra LT Plus myself. Previously I was using Optimum Plus (not Off-), now Optimum Carbo & Ebenholz. I would suggest butterfly kumpuru. It's off- carbon laminated blade, but it's slightly heavier than Opimum Plus

This user has no status.
Hey, I'm a very offensive player who likes the speed above anything else. I bought a Optimum Carbo off a friend and have used it for a while now, but it doesn't feel all that comfortable for me, especially the grip. I've learned that you don't need a really fast blade to play with a lot of speed, and I think a slightly slower blade will benefit me.
I think I want to try a new blade. It should be light(!) and have a longer dwell time than Optimum Carbo, but still be great for an attacking style.

From what I've read, Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 seems like the right choice for me, what does Tabletennisdaily say?
I currently use Calibra LT Sound on FH and Boost TC on BH, but I plan on switching my BH to Boost TX or Calibra Plus.

I have also Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 (71 grams) which I normally use, this blade mix between attack and control. Very comfortable and fits perfectly in my hand which is small, because my hands are too small to hold a heavy blade. Good for playing Loop, spin, and flick.