Strange equipment change issues.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
So I change my equipment a LOT. My stroke doesn't change much between the change in different blades or rubbers. Adjusting to new equipment takes about 1 hour MAX for me.

Anyway, i have a friend who used 1.8 thickness bluefire jp03 on both sides of his blade. He decided to test out tenergy for the first time and put on t80 in 1.9 thickness. His strokes look like he's having a lot of problems with them lately. It's like he's playing 200 points below his level.

Why is changing equipment easier for some than others?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So I change my equipment a LOT. My stroke doesn't change much between the change in different blades or rubbers. Adjusting to new equipment takes about 1 hour MAX for me.

Anyway, i have a friend who used 1.8 thickness bluefire jp03 on both sides of his blade. He decided to test out tenergy for the first time and put on t80 in 1.9 thickness. His strokes look like he's having a lot of problems with them lately. It's like he's playing 200 points below his level.

It varies with equipment and player style at the lower levels. JP03 1.8 and T80 1.9/2.0 are very different rubbers. For me, I found that the real question was how you won points and how the equipment affected that. If you win by blocking and pushing, its very different from if you win by serve and third ball, which is somewhat different from if you win by consistently returning serves and looping in the rallies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011

Hi,

I think your friend have chosen the wrong rubber type.
T80 is more for blocks and counters and has normal (quite hard) sponge.
Bluefire jp03 is more for topspins and has a far softer sponge.

The better choice for him could be T05fx in 0.9.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Hi,

I think your friend have chosen the wrong rubber type.
T80 is more for blocks and counters and has normal (quite hard) sponge.
Bluefire jp03 is more for topspins and has a far softer sponge.

The better choice for him could be T05fx in 0.9.

it's very funny you say that, because his playstyle is blocking and countering. that's actually why he chose t80

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
it's very funny you say that, because his playstyle is blocking and countering. that's actually why he chose t80

Sorry, but you didn't mention his playing style.

With T80 I have a lot of confidence in term of blocking and countering.
Making less unforced error.

BTW, which blade was combined with the T80?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
same blade so something he's used to, donic epox carbotec. its not too fast, i've tested his.

Hi,

it's the combination that doesn't match.

I've tested T80 with lots of blades:
TB ALC, TB Spirit, Viscaria, Korbel, Primorac, Nittaku Violin, Tenor, Stiga Clipper CR, Stiga Cornet wood, Stiga Bengtsson from 70s.

Every each of these blades matches very well with T80.

I suggest your friend should stay with donic rubbers like Acuda S2, S3 or similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Hi,

it's the combination that doesn't match.

I've tested T80 with lots of blades:
TB ALC, TB Spirit, Viscaria, Korbel, Primorac, Nittaku Violin, Tenor, Stiga Clipper CR, Stiga Cornet wood, Stiga Bengtsson from 70s.

Every each of these blades matches very well with T80.

I suggest your friend should stay with donic rubbers like Acuda S2, S3 or similar.

saying the combination doesn't match is nonsense. I've used it myself and it took very little to no adjustment. im not blaming the equipment, im just asking why it takes some players longer to adjust to equipment changes than others.

there are no blades that rubbers match up badly with. maybe for your playing style t80 wouldnt work on the blade but in your list i also dont see that you've tested the aforementioned blade. so saying a rubber wouldnt work with a blade youve never used doesnt make much sense.

Reactions: NextLevel