globe 999 national vs dhs hurricanes and skylines

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
hello guys :) i was wondering about the properties of this rubber i tried yinhe big dipper it has a great grip with its performance/price ratio but found the tackiness not enough as mentioned with hurricanes and skylines..then i bump into this rubber can it help me about being more tacky than dhs rubbers and also spinnier by the way speed is unimportant can you pls all answer it quick because if u say yes globe national is better in all facts than dhs i will order it in a very short time with excited mood thank you all waiting..

says Aging is a killer
It depends.
If you are an old player like me, then go ahead and try it for fun. The 999 series of rubbers are excellent and used to be far more popular than Hurricane. But DHS marketing changed gear about 2000AD and rubbers like 999 and 729 took a back seat.

If you are youngish and are at a good amateur level then forget about Chinese rubbers. The difference in technique is too great and you'll eventually return to T05 after a long and expensive experimental journey. I've seen it happen many times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
i dont have any problem about technique just trying to find tackier surfaced spinniest chinese rubber due to my curiosity plus i tried yihhe big dipper at first but didnt satisfy because of less tack than i expected and felt couldnt produced much more spin than tensors that why im questioning

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Denizyilmaz, i haven't seen you play yet, but if you use the same technique on tacky rubbers like you've been using for your tenergy, then it's no big surprise you didn't get more spin from the big dipper. I think that is kind of what tinykin meant. You have to change/adjust your technique to make these tacky rubbers shine.

To make tacky rubbers excel it recquires a full arm swing stroke with a very brushing contact of the ball.
Most people that use temergies and tensors don't do this kind of swing, but instead it's more of a underarm/half arm swing than full arm and engaging more the sponge, whereas with a full arm swing you rather engage the topsheet.

You can try to get the tackiest rubber like friendship 729 origin or friendship 729 origin soft and most likely still won't get better results (MORE SPIN!!
I guess that is what you're after)
If you don't adjust your technique...

There have been so many threads and vids on this forum about this topic already. I think i've found one that fits. Maybe you like to read...

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10480-European-Loop-vs-Chinese-Loop

Last edited: