How do you find out release date for rubber, general age?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
There is something that has been really aggravating me and I'm now opening a thread to find out who knows what about, how do you find the release dates for a rubbers? Its so annoying checking out a new rubber just to find out there are reviews from back in 2009 and you never heard about it. I like TableTennisDB a lot but thats one thing they never keep track of the equipment release dates. And it's not just rubber, its other things like blades. For instance how do we know which products were new fro 2014, what about 2015? Even the fricking websites don't mention these little details like "new products" "Oh wait this is not new, this is out of production rare". And worst of all some of these brands don't even have a website or it's ridiculously hard to find like Friendship. And don't waste your time it doesn't give description of the products or upcoming rubbers even after you locate the true OEM website. Sad part is not just chinese brands do this, other like Tibhar, Andro, Donic never mention this either. like when Hurricane 8 came beginning of this year, not a single **** was given, hey look new version that's great. It was out, Zero hype prior to release, first hard to find in the shops and had to be ordered from elsewhere but you know its cool. Yet you get somebody like Butterfly who announces Bryce Speed and everybody looses their mind. It's not even out yet and it's massively hyped and expected. But at the end of the day none of the release dates (not exact date but just the year) is ever mentioned.

It will be just nice to know when you decide to try a rubber it was sort of released 2 years ago, or 5-8 years before even the speed glue ban, you know?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
mytabletennis.net its a forum more about equipment than this one. its the place to sell and buy equipment. also as soon as theres a rubber out people are posting reviews about it. I remember when mx-s came out (not to america yet) but people were special ordering them from germany and having relatives ship them to the states. They got reviews MONTHS before the rubber was available anywhere in the states.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
mytabletennis.net its a forum more about equipment than this one. its the place to sell and buy equipment. also as soon as theres a rubber out people are posting reviews about it. I remember when mx-s came out (not to america yet) but people were special ordering them from germany and having relatives ship them to the states. They got reviews MONTHS before the rubber was available anywhere in the states.

Since AndySmith, who got the MX-S rubber shipped to him from Germany, lives in the UK and is a member of this forum as well as mytt, my impression is that you are making up stuff to fill in the gaps that you don't know and have certain preconceptions about MYtt that you are just supporting with your own view of the facts.

You are right about Mytt being a hip place to discuss equipment. But it's not for the reasons you think.