Sticky rubbers going bad in humidity

This user has no status.
Hey guys! I am playing with neo h3 on fh. Its working wonderful till now, until yesterday I went to my friend's place to play. It was a close room and yes, an air conditioner was there,but still, I didn't feel that comfortable. But that is okay.
While playing, what I noticed that suddenly tackiness was gone. I used to rub the topsheet more and more. Tack would be there for a minute or so, and again flat then.
Maybe room had humidity more than normal. Since new to chinese rubbers, I don't have much experience about the environment affects rubber, or I don't have a good rubber. Anyone experienced similar?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: duan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Hey guys! I am playing with neo h3 on fh. Its working wonderful till now, until yesterday I went to my friend's place to play. It was a close room and yes, an air conditioner was there,but still, I didn't feel that comfortable. But that is okay.
While playing, what I noticed that suddenly tackiness was gone. I used to rub the topsheet more and more. Tack would be there for a minute or so, and again flat then.
Maybe room had humidity more than normal. Since new to chinese rubbers, I don't have much experience about the environment affects rubber, or I don't have a good rubber. Anyone experienced similar?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
I believe this is normal for chinese rubbers. I have heard that when it is very humid, all rubber don't tend to work as well, especially chinese rubbers. I am not sure how to explain this. I remember hearing about this a few years back. Chinese rubbers are sort of sensitive to the air around it. They collect a lot of dust and can be affected by the temperature a lot as well.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The H3 and 999 topsheets I have used have performed 1000 times better in extreme humidity than my Euro or Japanese rubbers. That doesn't mean that H3 or 999 topsheet will defy the laws of physics, (haha, a great time for Pnchy to chime in) but they are a lot more reliable for a heavy top spinner in those conditions. Those who make more solid contact experience less of an adjustment needed.

This user has no status.
I experienced the same. I feel my h3 neo's tackiness gone while playing in humid place. As Shiro said, it happens to every chinese rubber and even tensor rubbers.

The only way I find to fix it is to use TSP Dry Spray. It doesn't contain any VOC and very useful.
I spray it when I feel my hurricane3's tackiness is gone or weakened.
This spray works really well on chinese tacky rubbers.
The only concern is that this product is little pricey for its amount.

Cleaner_TSP_Dry.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The ITTF GOON SQUAD screams bloody murder RACKET COVERING TREATMENT and pursues you to the end of the earth or to Carl's trap door to the septic tank once again...

Good thing they fall for the Honey Trap over and over again. But it does look like we will have to take care of the goon squad once again. It seems like we keep finding new ways to take care of those guys. When are they gonna learn to leave TTDaily members alone.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey Carl, go to the new member welcome thread and help our new member win the HOTFOOT challenge !!!

I saw that video. That is pretty good. I think we will have to try that one on the goon squad too. And it looks like we have another Carl on the forum even if he has a Jacob in front of it.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I experienced the same. I feel my h3 neo's tackiness gone while playing in humid place. As Shiro said, it happens to every chinese rubber and even tensor rubbers.

The only way I find to fix it is to use TSP Dry Spray. It doesn't contain any VOC and very useful.
I spray it when I feel my hurricane3's tackiness is gone or weakened.
This spray works really well on chinese tacky rubbers.
The only concern is that this product is little pricey for its amount.

Cleaner_TSP_Dry.jpg

A little pricey... I think it would prolly be worth it. Think of how utterly frustrated you are when your rubber sweats buckets and you cannot loop a ball if you paid the rubber to do it.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
With both Abe, PP Holic AND E. Suen taking vids from different angles... will be EPIC. You need to stand by him with a full bottle of Corona to hand him so he can douse out the flames before he panic freaks out. Some might call that alcohol abuse, but sometimes a man gotta do what a man has gotta do.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
With both Abe, PP Holic AND E. Suen taking vids from different angles... will be EPIC. You need to stand by him with a full bottle of Corona to hand him so he can douse out the flames before he panic freaks out. Some might call that alcohol abuse, but sometimes a man gotta do what a man has gotta do.

Well, it will sure be fun when we can all get together again. I actually have not played TT 2 weeks. Not sure when I will be able to play again. But hopefully not too long from now.