Jörg Rosskopf plays his first League Match last year

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow great find. Anyone know why Jorg was playing? Helping a friend? Surely Jorg is far to strong for this division ? :) Looks like great play very good level of table tennis.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Wow great find. Anyone know why Jorg was playing? Helping a friend? Surely Jorg is far to strong for this division ? :) Looks like great play very good level of table tennis.

I agree. He should be playing at least 2 leagues higher. But he´s on the team list of former national Coach Tobias Beck´s Team DJK Blau-Weiss Münster e.V. (the neighbour club to Timo Boll´s and Patrick Franziska´s old Club "TV Münster")

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
i feel like a total jackass.

Sorry guys, just got informed that the match is of last years season. Unfortunately he did not yet play this year. :(

Can someone tell me how to change the threads title? I´m unable to find it...

I agree. He should be playing at least 2 leagues higher. But he´s on the team list of former national Coach Tobias Beck´s Team DJK Blau-Weiss Münster e.V. (the neighbour club to Timo Boll´s and Patrick Franziska´s old Club "TV Münster")

Hey I have updated the topic title to last year :)

Ah this makes a lot of sense now. What a strong team hehe :) The German League is so good! If you played in the league for 3 years imagine how much experience you would gain.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey I have updated the topic title to last year :)

Ah this makes a lot of sense now. What a strong team hehe :) The German League is so good! If you played in the league for 3 years imagine how much experience you would gain.

I think Anton Källberg, Liam Pitchford and Samuel Walker and so many more are good examples that it pays off training and playing vs. good players. Even in the lower leagues the level is quite high as you could see.

Thanks Dan for makin' me look a little less stupid.
:D
It was a misunderstanding. My friend told me i should watch the first league match of Jörg, so i somehow accidentally thought he meant this year. Silly me...
;)
Well anyway, as far i've understood, he's just on the teamlist and only jumps in whenever he finds time. So far this year he unfortunately couldn't manage to find time. But his teammate Tobias Beck seems to play frequently.
They also have a 'youngster' that is lookin' pretty promising on the team. He made it to the finals in german championships last year (2014) in the B Category ( which is up to 2000 TTR Rating points) He also has his own YouTube channel.
Here's a link. Maybe someone can find it useful.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAJr6LdjmFkQLNFNNRu49mA

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey guys and gals,

on a german Forum someone posted Jörg Rosskopf´s first league match in the Oberliga Hessen (5th League in Germany) last year

Enjoy :)

Suga D, this is awesome footage. That is great to see a guy like Rosskopf playing in a forum like this. And it looks like he is having fun. Thanks for sharing.

And no, you didn't look bad for mixing up which year it was. And besides you figured out the actual year and corrected yourself with a little help from Dapper Dan!

Reactions: Dan and Suga D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I think Anton Källberg, Liam Pitchford and Samuel Walker and so many more are good examples that it pays off training and playing vs. good players. Even in the lower leagues the level is quite high as you could see.

Totally agree with you, these players are great examples of how moving to a country like Germany is very beneficial. In our latest podcast with Simon Gauzy he talks about how great the training is in Germany and he loves the league competition. I also know a few players who are playing in League 2 and are really benefiting from it. I think we are going to see a lot more European players head to Germany in the next few years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Suga D, this is awesome footage. That is great to see a guy like Rosskopf playing in a forum like this. And it looks like he is having fun. Thanks for sharing.

And no, you didn't look bad for mixing up which year it was. And besides you figured out the actual year and corrected yourself with a little help from Dapper Dan!

Thanks Carl... it´s nice you like it.