TT Japan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Yes. I've used tt-japan.net lots of times and I really can't fault them. Their prices are superb and you can buy and pay in sterling so you don't ever get a nasty currency conversion surprise. You do have to watch the impact of postage on the overall price though. Best to try and order several things at once as increasing the size of the order doesn't increase the postage cost that much. They have three levels of delivery service but even the cheapest option can arrive in about a week if customs doesn't hold it up. You can track the progress of all your orders though so you get the peace of mind of knowing where your consignment is. If you have any issues you can email them and get a quick reply in good English.

Hi
Has anyone used TTJapan as a supplier?
Andy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Theoretically you could be charged by customs but the reality is it doesn't happen. At least, it's never happened to me and I've been buying from overseas for years - since the heyday of region 1 DVD's. The admin overhead for trying to tax every little package entering the UK would be horrendous. Anything under £18 is exempt anyway I believe and so is anything that is sent as a gift so customs have a challenge even deciding what is eligible for charges so they probably just focus their limited resources on the larger stuff. I'm sure if you regularly started shipping in large quantities to sell you'd come to their attention but not the average TT consumer. It's still possible someone could get charged so it is a slight gamble. It's up to each individual to decide if the potential savings are worth that gamble. Works for me every time though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Hi
Has anyone used TTJapan as a supplier?
Andy
I ordered from them around a month ago,and i couldn't fault them ,like already stated they contact you by email to keep you informed.They told me my parcel would be 4 days and 4 days it was.Pretty good from japan when it can take 2/3 days sometimes in the uk. They are well worth a visit they have some great prices.I didn't have any issues with tax,and a friend of mine recently ordered some shoes and as far as im aware neither did he.