Tenergy 05 vs Tenergy 80

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
In this topic i want to find out which rubber of the Tenergy series is the best. What are your experiences? How does these rubbers perform? Which is your favourit?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
ebfcebc9865e7e3e86cecec550630542.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Depend on your skill. I like hard sponge so t05 is my favorite.

The sponge on T05, T80, T64 and T25 is all the same. The difference is not the sponge. It is the pimple construction. T64 has longer thinner pimples with more space between pimples so the pips give more and the rubber feels softer. T05 pimples are a little shorter, thicker, and closer together so the rubber feels harder. But even the rubber in the topsheet is the same. Just the pimple construction is different.

To the OP, I would like to ask what he means by the word "best".

I won't comment on T25; but T05, T80 and T64 are all great rubbers.

There are people whose game and style of play may work with one of them slightly better than the others. But they are all really great rubbers.

There is a video that explains decently what the difference between each one is. Once I am able to search for it, I will post it here. But it has been posted to the forum many times already.

That video should help you out a decent amount.

To sum the info up simply:

1) T05: Slower, More Spin, Higher Throw Angle.
2) T64: Faster, Less Spin, Lower Throw Angle.
3) T80: half way between T05 and T64.

So do you want a bigger arc, more spin to spin the person off the table but a little sacrifice in speed? Or do you want lower shots that don't come up as much and are faster. But with an amount of spin that is easier to counter. Or do you want to be half way in between the two extremes?

I go with slower and more spin every time. Especially since T05 is more than fast enough.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm not sure about that. I think T25FX is better than T64 for blocking and short game. I don't know anything about the T80 though.

Most people, including Butterfly reps, discuss T25 and T25FX as rubbers that are specialized Tenergies. Most discussion is about T05, T64 and T80 as those are similar rubbers along a continuum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
With the term best, I mean actually the best experience with these rubbers. The video mentioned I was actually familiar with. But it doesn't give much information about the touch of these series at the table. Tabletennis is not only about spinny topspin. For example how does each individual rubber reacts to spinny serves? I found that t05 is very sensitive to incoming spin and spinny serves. But T80 is less sensitive to it etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
With the term best, I mean actually the best experience with these rubbers. The video mentioned I was actually familiar with. But it doesn't give much information about the touch of these series at the table. Tabletennis is not only about spinny topspin. For example how does each individual rubber reacts to spinny serves? I found that t05 is very sensitive to incoming spin and spinny serves. But T80 is less sensitive to it etc.

Yes, but that is if you are into passive returns. If you like to push and spin aggressively, the T05 reaction is a benefit. It's when you try to just touch the serve without any acceleration that using T05 is a nightmare.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And that term best is still about preference and each person will feel something slightly different is "best".

Like, for me, hands down, I like T05 more than the others for forehand. For backhand T05, T64 and T05FX have all worked fine. If I used it T80 may be fine as well. But I remember when I tried it, I didn't try for that long and was used to T05FX and didn't give it much of a chance.

The extra spin and higher throw seems to be more important to my forehand than my backhand.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Trial and error. Results may vary. 05 64 and 80 all good. Will depend a lot on blade.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
The sponge on T05, T80, T64 and T25 is all the same. The difference is not the sponge. It is the pimple construction. T64 has longer thinner pimples with more space between pimples so the pips give more and the rubber feels softer. T05 pimples are a little shorter, thicker, and closer together so the rubber feels harder. But even the rubber in the topsheet is the same. Just the pimple construction is different.

To the OP, I would like to ask what he means by the word "best".

I won't comment on T25; but T05, T80 and T64 are all great rubbers.

There are people whose game and style of play may work with one of them slightly better than the others. But they are all really great rubbers.

There is a video that explains decently what the difference between each one is. Once I am able to search for it, I will post it here. But it has been posted to the forum many times already.

That video should help you out a decent amount.

To sum the info up simply:

1) T05: Slower, More Spin, Higher Throw Angle.
2) T64: Faster, Less Spin, Lower Throw Angle.
3) T80: half way between T05 and T64.

So do you want a bigger arc, more spin to spin the person off the table but a little sacrifice in speed? Or do you want lower shots that don't come up as much and are faster. But with an amount of spin that is easier to counter. Or do you want to be half way in between the two extremes?

I go with slower and more spin every time. Especially since T05 is more than fast enough.

Hi all, I've used T05 for a short time 7 years ago, too hard for me, then T05fx when it arrived in the market, a bit better but still hard even ewwith the softer sponge, surely due to the pimp construction, so the hardness of the sponge change not so much the "feeling" for me, then I switched to T64fx which is a great one in my opinion based on my play and my strokes. After testing Dignics 05 on a zlc blade after the end of last season I'm back to my primorac carbon this time with T80fx, that's a better combination for me as it gives me what I was looking for, so a bit more spin and control than T64fx. That's clear the complete Tenergy family and now the Dignics are great rubbers, but depending on your play not all of them would fit perfectly with you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi all, I've used T05 for a short time 7 years ago, too hard for me, then T05fx when it arrived in the market, a bit better but still hard even ewwith the softer sponge, surely due to the pimp construction, so the hardness of the sponge change not so much the "feeling" for me, then I switched to T64fx which is a great one in my opinion based on my play and my strokes. After testing Dignics 05 on a zlc blade after the end of last season I'm back to my primorac carbon this time with T80fx, that's a better combination for me as it gives me what I was looking for, so a bit more spin and control than T64fx. That's clear the complete Tenergy family and now the Dignics are great rubbers, but depending on your play not all of them would fit perfectly with you.

Very strange to see a post I wrote 4 years ago being quoted out of nowhere. Is there any particular reason you woke this old thread up?

This user has no status.
Yes, I was looking in the Tenergy family what's fitting the best with me. Maybe this tread is old but what´s said is still actual. If I started to change my 64fx for 80fx and test them I had found my solution easily and by the way, saved a lot of money instead of buying 3 Garaydia and 2 sets of Dignics....