Peeling of glue, neccesary?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good question. I have heard so many different things on this. I know people who like to take the old glue off every time. I know other people who just let it build up for a while and when it gets to be a lot of glue, then they take it off. I know people who put many layers of glue on to get an extra effect as though they had more sponge. There are places on the internet where companies like Haifu are recommending you put 5-15 coats of glue on the rubber so that you get a tuned effect.

I usually do not worry about the old glue unless there is a lot of it or it is uneven. I personally do not want to be bothered with the time it takes to take it off. I don't think it makes much difference. It does make your setup heavier when you have more glue. But I have never minded the extra weight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I only did it once back when speed glue was allowed because it became too much on my blade. But I don't think you have to be concerned about a new layer, especially now you only glue to stick the rubber on and not for speed over and over again. Don't know if it is necessary for the new glue to peel it off like Anders said. I've had trouble with new glue on new blade + new rubbers as well so I can't really help with that. :p The edges just keep coming off.

i just reglued my rubber yesterday and damn peeling my glue of was a waste of time...
One technique i used to speed up the removal is applying a thin layer of baby oil or speed glue .
Then i rubbed the glue ,then WALAHHH it's gone :)))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
No =( I wanted so much but they didn't take me because I was one year older than the other players there.. They just look at the age and barely at your play, I can beat several of them. And when you look at some of them, they don't even want to be there.. That makes me angry -.-

Sorry my message came wrong, if the national coach askes me to play in the future for the national team. Unfortunately they didn't even give me a chance.. that was 1,5 years ago.. Should I ask again?