Hours of Practice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Hello Forum :)

Another question I wanted to hear your opinion about:
How much hours of practice per day should a player train if he or she wants to pull the very best out of him/her?

i'd say about 3 hours every day could be just enough for a person to evolve his game and jump into his next level and maybe even national level in few years (in some countries..), and im talking about a 20+ player so we cant forget there are other things in life he need to invest his time in, except table tennis.

But even if he or she do practice the amount of time you say they should, should those hours be divivded into different practices? or just one long session? what is the best way of utilizing those hours the smartest way?

Last but not least, what do you think in general should players be focusing on improving with so much practice hours in their week? I know serving is for sure one of the main aspects players should invest time in, but do you think of other components they should upgrade/drills that are absolutley neccessary to improve/strokes that will always be needed to get better?

Thanks for the time and comments!! looking forward to hear your thoughts!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
it seems to me that you must care of not getting injury, it's the most important in training

In France, the future champions are training 2 hours morning and 3 hours afternoon, 6 days per week.

Other english players will help you a bit (a lot ...) more, i am still improving my english, i started learning about 1 year ago.